Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mother of God...
Newsday / Re: Tales from Mother Russia
« Last post by RottingCorpse on Yesterday at 06:33:27 PM »
I know it's a tragedy, but I've found this whole war so funny. Having grown up under the "OMG The Russians are coming!!!" culture it's amazing to watch how utterly hopeless and crazy they are in action. For 70 years we've feared these people then, when you peek in the window, you see them standing on a chair beating at a mouse with a broom.

My reaction has been very similar. Though I am shocked at just how incompetent the Russian military has been. It's like a Benny Hill sketch sometimes.
I disabled attachments long ago when spammers were hitting us hard.

Here's this fucking shit from fucking Monkey:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywrab3s83wtqs0g/IMG-20230126-WA0000.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbmmvxj96q9hjhz/IMG-20230126-WA0001.jpg?dl=0

You're all welcome!
I disabled attachments long ago when spammers were hitting us hard.

Here's this fucking shit from fucking Monkey:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywrab3s83wtqs0g/IMG-20230126-WA0000.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbmmvxj96q9hjhz/IMG-20230126-WA0001.jpg?dl=0
I've noticed that my AI generator - Diffusion Bee - has changed recently: it used to default to nightmarish photorealism to cartoonish productions.

I'm going to send Nacho an example.

[Edit] Sent. << massive boobs white gorilla.png >>
Reading & Writing / Re: What You're Reading
« Last post by nacho on Yesterday at 09:37:49 AM »
Light, dumb adventure. Great stuff too! White Plague.

Book two in this fun series. Protocol Zero.

Book three in the Joe Rush series. Have loved this series so far. One more to go... And I don't think Joe Rush is in any shape to deal with it, poor bastard. 
The image generators are really something. (Something scary?) Word is a very near future iteration will be able to create moving images.

Isn't that already a thing? Like those singing picture apps and shit?
« Last post by nacho on Yesterday at 09:32:24 AM »
And....we've woken up to his reaction, eh? More missiles.

I know it's a tragedy, but I've found this whole war so funny. Having grown up under the "OMG The Russians are coming!!!" culture it's amazing to watch how utterly hopeless and crazy they are in action. For 70 years we've feared these people then, when you peek in the window, you see them standing on a chair beating at a mouse with a broom.
« Last post by RottingCorpse on January 25, 2023, 01:46:06 PM »
Great article in the Post the other day about how Putin is losing support from just about everybody who had previously supported him, including state run media. However, because he's all but obliterated any opposition, it's unlikely the country will move past him anytime soon.

Meanwhile, we've agreed to send tanks. So has Germany. I don't think the nukes are going to fly, but it's going to be real interesting to see how Putin reacts if his back is up against the wall with dwindling support for war with Ukraine.
I also wonder how long it will take FB/Google/Musk to snap up these platforms for a billion or two and then work them into their socials. Fucking scary... and, as usual, no one's sounding the alarm... or if they are, they're being ignored because folks are too busy whipping up AI generated photos of Billie Eilish in latex lingerie.

<typing in to Google serach engine> ... Billie... Eilish... in latex... lingerie...

The image generators are really something. (Something scary?) Word is a very near future iteration will be able to create moving images.

ChatGPT is less threatening than it seems on first glance. It's a language model, and while there's recent stories about it passing the GRE and med school exams, all it's really doing is scraping the internet and attempting to cobble what it finds into a human sounding essay. Long story short, it's a fancy Google search engine.

That said, if a studnet turns in one of the "AI generated" essays as their own, I doubt I'd know the difference if my plagiarism software doesn't flag it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10