Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Newsday / Re: Obit Lineup
« Last post by nacho on December 29, 2022, 03:30:33 PM »
Pele!
TV / Re: TV 2.0 (Netflix vs. Amazon vs The Old Gods)
« Last post by monkey! on December 29, 2022, 11:51:17 AM »
The Best Show of 2022 - on Apple TV+ - is without doubt Slow Horses, starring Gary Oldman and Kristen Scott Thomas, with Jonathan Pryce, and some other familiar faces.

It's just fantastic.
Intensive Porpoises / Re: Coronavirus & Lime
« Last post by monkey! on December 29, 2022, 11:49:55 AM »
Sounds like China's going to have a fun winter.

The Winter of Chinese Discontent.
Newsday / Re: Obit Lineup
« Last post by RottingCorpse on December 20, 2022, 07:02:02 PM »
Terry Hall, lead singer of The Specials.
« Last post by nacho on December 20, 2022, 09:52:48 AM »
Sounds like China's going to have a fun winter.
TV / Re: TV 2.0 (Netflix vs. Amazon vs The Old Gods)
« Last post by nacho on December 20, 2022, 09:50:18 AM »
But the best show of 2022? I think it has to be Wednesday. Though I think it's the best simply because of the after-the-fact cultural phenomenon. It's one of those shows that was kind of quiet, then exploded into the memestream, and now that means season two is doomed because they'll never top the #wednesdaydance scene.
Reading & Writing / Re: What You're Reading
« Last post by nacho on December 19, 2022, 03:59:56 PM »
The first book in the Naturalist series about a socially inept botanist who solves serial murders. It was really fun!

And

Book two! Still fucking excellent. Looking Glass

And book three! Also very good.
« Last post by monkey! on December 19, 2022, 12:26:09 PM »
Better prep' for that Zombie Apocalypse !
Movies & Entertainment / Re: Horror Movie Round-Up
« Last post by nacho on December 19, 2022, 09:32:56 AM »
Don't Worry Darling isn't as bad as you've heard, but isn't as good as it should be. It's more a script problem than a director problem, though one could argue a more experienced director might have figured it out.

I can't say what movies it's ripping off without giving stuff away, though the move gives you way too much time to figure out what's going on. (A buddy of mine said he figured out "the twist" five minutes in, and I don't doubt it.)

Still, it's a gorgeous take on a story you've seen before. That Flo Pugh is pretty talented.

Never heard of it! Though I am about to watch Adult Swim's Yule Log right now, the current internet darling.
« Last post by nacho on December 19, 2022, 09:32:06 AM »
My bout in May took almost the whole summer to get out of my system, but I've been okay since. I've also gotten more vaccines in the last 15 months than I've gotten in the last 48 years.

We are returning to masking as well, and avoiding large gatherings. Our plan is to hunker down and lay low this winter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10