Great Society

Archives => The Shithole => Topic started by: Anonymous on May 21, 2005, 12:33:03 AM

Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Anonymous on May 21, 2005, 12:33:03 AM
http://greatestsociety.netfirms.com (Tee-hee!)
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Matt on May 21, 2005, 12:56:28 AM
I think you're misrepresenting it, slightly.

Nubbins doesn't drive trucks. "Yotoc" is spelled "y-o-t-o-c", and he fucks a primary color. Obviously not a caveman. Monkey isn't as smart as a chimpanzee. Cassander writes better than you. Nacho tells himself that he's god, he doesn't need other people to do it for him.

I'm just pointing this shit out, you know, for posterity. If you won all those journalism awards, I would've figured that getting the facts straight would've been obvious, but I mean, hey, we all have our pitfalls.

p.s. dude, it's the internet.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Tyson on May 21, 2005, 01:32:03 AM
And I exist on GS, that too.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Goblin_Queen on May 21, 2005, 01:54:00 AM
That could've been so much funnier.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 02:31:27 AM
Starr -- you're a 61 year old man.  Are you really pining this much to be a part of this website?
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Cassander on May 21, 2005, 02:37:46 AM
jesus...i'm a married man.  why do i have to put up with this bullshit?
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Tyson on May 21, 2005, 02:42:37 AM
Because it's the internet.

Welcome!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Cassander on May 21, 2005, 02:44:36 AM
tyson...dont threaten me...


or else i'll make a parody site of fallingbullets and pay 50 bucks a month to keep it up.....
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 02:47:53 AM
Quote from: Cassander
tyson...dont threaten me...


or else i'll make a parody site of fallingbullets and pay 50 bucks a month to keep it up.....


I'm Yotsn and this is fallingbuckets.  What??!  Hahaha!  See, because I'm deaf.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Cassander on May 21, 2005, 02:55:52 AM
HAHAHAHA

why aren't you in prague yet?  and why isn't my check in the mail?[/i]
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 03:00:56 AM
Quote from: Cassander
HAHAHAHA

why aren't you in prague yet?  and why isn't my check in the mail?[/i]


Dublin.  And I crossed out your name and wrote in Vlad Tepes.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Anonymous on May 21, 2005, 03:09:39 AM
Quote from: nacho
Starr -- you're a 61 year old man.  Are you really pining this much to be a part of this website?


Poor Nacho. You can dish it out, but you sure as hell can't take it.

One of my friends (who has lurked at your site) said he almost died laughing at how funny Greatest Society.org was. Tee-hee!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Cassander on May 21, 2005, 03:10:02 AM
also...in moake's fantasy world...

why am i the gay model in BVDs with a knife?  slightly disturbing.

PUNCH IN THE GOAT-ASS
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 03:14:17 AM
Poor Nacho!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Cassander on May 21, 2005, 03:17:30 AM
poor cass!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Tyson on May 21, 2005, 03:19:46 AM
But what about me! Poor Tyson!

Poor me!

I was left out of the parody. *sob*
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 12:31:04 PM
Quote
CHIMPANZEE

My hand hurts. It's stuck in a dog's asshole. Are there worms in there biting my fingers?


Monkey, didn't this actually happen to you once?
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: yotoc on May 21, 2005, 01:24:32 PM
Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: nacho
Starr -- you're a 61 year old man.  Are you really pining this much to be a part of this website?


Poor Nacho. You can dish it out, but you sure as hell can't take it.

One of my friends (who has lurked at your site) said he almost died laughing at how funny Greatest Society.org was. Tee-hee!


What's really funny is: People want so badly to be a part of something, and when they feel like they are being excluded, or become a victim of their own self-serving platitudes, they end up like the 19 year old socially-retarded girl that I went to college with. She insisted that we give her a nickname. Please, please, please give me a nickname, she said. She died during summer vacation when she had an epileptic fit and crossed the median then hit a car going the opposite direction at 60 miles an hour. She wasn't supposed to drive, but her mother didn't care about her. So, that must be it. His mother didn't care about him. Oh wait, maybe after begging for a nickname he just didn't like the one we gave him.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 01:29:09 PM
Quote from: yotoc
maybe after begging for a nickname he just didn't like the one we gave him.


Dog fingering jew?
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Anonymous on May 21, 2005, 02:38:23 PM
Quote from: yotoc

What's really funny is: People want so badly to be a part of something, and when they feel like they are being excluded, or become a victim of their own self-serving platitudes, they end up like the 19 year old socially-retarded girl that I went to college with. She insisted that we give her a nickname. Please, please, please give me a nickname, she said. She died during summer vacation when she had an epileptic fit and crossed the median then hit a car going the opposite direction at 60 miles an hour. She wasn't supposed to drive, but her mother didn't care about her. So, that must be it. His mother didn't care about him. Oh wait, maybe after begging for a nickname he just didn't like the one we gave him.


You're right, Toyok. Because my momma didn't love me, I can't stand being excluded from a superlative forum like this one. Please-please-PLEASE let me back in. I promise I'll behave and be nice to Nacho. Don't leave me out here all alone -- in the REAL world.

I came here looking for intelligent discussion about writing, but all I found was juvenile one-upmanship in glib humor and Nacho whining for the whole world to feel sorry for him because he cracked his mouth in an accident (which was probably his own fault.)

Among lemmings, an original thought dies of loneliness. Now I understand why Bush got elected twice.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Anonymous on May 21, 2005, 03:47:56 PM
Quote from: Anonymous
You're right, Toyok. Because my momma didn't love me, I can't stand being excluded from a superlative forum like this one. Please-please-PLEASE let me back in. I promise I'll behave and be nice to Nacho. Don't leave me out here all alone -- in the REAL world.

I came here looking for intelligent discussion about writing, but all I found was juvenile one-upmanship in glib humor and Nacho whining for the whole world to feel sorry for him because he cracked his mouth in an accident (which was probably his own fault.)

Among lemmings, an original thought dies of loneliness. Now I understand why Bush got elected twice.


(https://greatsociety.org/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgreatestsociety.netfirms.com%2Ftunnel.jpg&hash=9522ca9f611d2d9f5a8a50db2e8d980708413dc8)
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Anonymous on May 21, 2005, 04:02:25 PM
I love it! You not only used a couple of my cartoon images as avatars, you adopted the motto I invented for this forum. Maybe there is hope for you yet -- little beams of light in all that spooky darkness.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: yotoc on May 21, 2005, 04:13:59 PM
Quote from: Anonymous
I love it! You not only used a couple of my cartoon images as avatars, you adopted the motto I invented for this forum. Maybe there is hope for you yet -- little beams of light in all that spooky darkness.


Delusional.  Why do you keep coming back?  You hate all of us yet here you are.  Lurking.  Just waiting for someone to mention your name.  You have no one to blame but yourself Bill.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: yotoc


Delusional.  Why do you keep coming back?  


It kind of makes me feel like a success.  GS is so addictive that people can't leave and go off their head if they get banned.  I thought this was just something that happened on SA.  This sort of validates the whole project for me.  Which is good timing, after all the forum trouble last month.  Like, hey, are these boards worth it?  Yes!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 04:33:45 PM
Quote from: Anonymous
Nacho whining for the whole world to feel sorry for him because he cracked his mouth in an accident (which was probably his own fault.)


Look, it was over a girl!  That's an honorable fight.

Oh, and, a life lesson, son.  When you get in a fight and you're injured, it is your own fault. Someday, when you're in your 60's, realizing things like that will help add to your -- Oh wait!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Anonymous on May 21, 2005, 04:51:21 PM
The other thing, if we're blaming Nacho for our troubles:  He's a terrible writer and he uses the other GS authors to prop him up.  This page has really run it's course, don't you think?  Maybe it's time to quit writing and get a real job.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 04:58:56 PM
I'll stop when the sex and wishlist purchases stop.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Tyson on May 21, 2005, 06:12:21 PM
I'll stop coming here when it stops being funny.

It's not just Nacho, it's everyone. It's a good laugh to come check GS out. That's why I come, anyways.

Hey Yotoc, remember my first visit at GS? I was spamming forums around the internet for submissions for EM and stuff and Nacho had happened to send me something a long time ago that I never got around to responding too and etc etc etc YOU SPAMMING ASSHOLE!

You were going to ban me, remember? Oh, the hilarity!

I don't think Nacho's a cheap hack writer. His best stuff is pretty funny (Tiger's Path in EM5 was pretty popular), though of course the bulk of it is just so-so. But isn't that how most writing is? He's no Hemmingway, of course. Cass is probably the "best" writer of everyone here, I suppose, and even he can have his average pieces.

Me? I blow balls. I admit that. I'm not a writer. I can't write worth my mom's life. I'm a publisher and designer. That works for me. But in the meantime, I'll keep cracking at writing. You'll see my vomit and feces over the summer, I hope.

It's an addiction, just like GS is.

BAPS BAPS BAPS!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 06:24:55 PM
Quote from: Tyson
His best stuff is pretty funny (Tiger's Path in EM5 was pretty popular), though of course the bulk of it is just so-so.  


WTF?!  You're banned!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Anonymous on May 21, 2005, 07:09:55 PM
Quote from: yotoc

Why do you keep coming back?

For the grins. I get a kick out of your nonsense reactions.

Quote from: yotoc
You hate all of us yet here you are.


Get a grip, Toyok. I don't hate anyone. And I didn't pick on Tyson or RC or Queenie because they didn't deserve it.

Quote from: yotoc
Lurking.  Just waiting for someone to mention your name.


If you don't want lurkers, you should make this a private forum with no public access -- an exclusive audience like Nacho really wants.  

Quote from: yotoc
You have no one to blame but yourself Bill.


Now that's a hot one! Blaming the victim! You DO have a sense of humor, Toyok.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 07:13:29 PM
Quote from: Anonymous
you should make this a private forum with no public access -- an exclusive audience like Nacho really wants.  


Most of it is, as you know.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 21, 2005, 08:25:57 PM
Everybody see the update?  http://greatestsociety.netfirms.com/


(https://greatsociety.org/uploads/./userfiles/nacho/tunnel.jpg)

Or was Firefox just blocking that before?

Oh, and there's a disclaimer now:

Quote

(Not to be confused with the "writers forum" Great Society.org)


Were we ever a writers forum?  How about: "Not to be confused with the I Really Like Cum Hurr Hurr forum at Great Society."  We're closer to that than a writers forum.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Anonymous on May 22, 2005, 05:02:00 AM
Quote from: nacho
Everybody see the update?  http://greatestsociety.netfirms.com/

Oh, and there's a disclaimer now:

Quote

(Not to be confused with the "writers forum" Great Society.org)


Were we ever a writers forum?  How about: "Not to be confused with the I Really Like Cum Hurr Hurr forum at Great Society."  We're closer to that than a writers forum.


The truth comes out, finally. Only the description should be "Nacho really likes etc."

Oh, and that's not a disclaimer. I wanted viewers to be able to come to this site if they wanted to look at the target of the parody. So far Greatest Society.org has received positive feedback from several people. There will be a lot more when the Google listing kicks in.

Don't drink any bad poteen when you're in Ireland. Your brain is already damaged enough.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: nacho on May 22, 2005, 11:47:57 AM
Quote from: Anonymous


The truth comes out, finally.


The truth that we never claimed to be a writers forum in the first place?

You made that assumption.  No other visitor to this forum has ever thought of or called it a writers forum.  The first clue is that the only sub-forum, out of 16, that's dedicated to writing is for bad writing/making fun of authors.

By the way -- if you want viewers to come to this site and learn the Terrible Secret of Great Society, then you'll have to link it up, won't you?    If someone enters it the way you write it (Great Society.org), they'll get an invalid URL.  Put a link in the disclaimer and down at the bottom.  Otherwise, they won't think enough to look at the target of the parody, will they? Which makes the whole thing retarded to strangers coming in from google who've never seen this site.

The best direct-link to the forums is http://www.greatsociety.org/trackforum/index.php

I would also like you to put your name on the parody, or some sort of explanation.  Maybe your direct link could point to this thread?  Right now, if you're not careful, you're going to get Starrmarmot Syndrome.  You know, where people think we're doing the parody ourselves.  We've done stuff like that before.  Right now, if you read it, then come here, it has that feeling.  Just another collection page set up to funnel people through to GS. We have a few of them, close to what you've done, that are sitting out there.  The I hate (or I love) Greatsociety thing.

Now, if I were you, I'd also advertise your books in a rotating box somewhere on there.  I mean, really, get some sales moving.  And there's nothing like some sort of site war to do that.  Setting up an Amazon Associates account is simple.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Nubbins on May 24, 2005, 01:14:34 PM
Quote from: Anonymous

The truth comes out, finally. Only the description should be "Nacho really likes etc."


(https://greatsociety.org/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv194%2FNubbins%2FPersonal%2Fforumbanner1.jpg&hash=98fc8678e5a65536c1712751f0d3b5944b205932)




Seriously....... is being over 60 really that boring?  If so, I'm shooting myself at 59.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Tyson on May 24, 2005, 02:29:46 PM
The secret is to live as healthily as possible and then when you hit retirement age, take up all the bad habits you never got to do (get STDs from sleeping with hookers, doing hard drugs, robbing stores, etc). What are they going to do? Kill you?

It's an option anyways.

Me, I'll probably do the grandpa routine, but when I retire, I'll live as an anarchist in the streets of San Francisco.

"Grandpa, why do you live in the streets even though you're a billionaire?"

"Days of war, nights of love."

Then I'll write a book.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: monkey! on May 24, 2005, 02:38:37 PM
Quote from: Tyson
The secret is to live as healthily as possible and then when you hit retirement age, take up all the bad habits you never got to do (get STDs from sleeping with hookers, doing hard drugs, robbing stores, etc). What are they going to do? Kill you?

It's an option anyways.

Me, I'll probably do the grandpa routine, but when I retire, I'll live as an anarchist in the streets of San Francisco.

"Grandpa, why do you live in the streets even though you're a billionaire?"

"Days of war, nights of love."

Then I'll write a book.


By the time most of us are 60 the average life expectancy will be well over 100; foreskins can now be grown into new livers, kidneys etc. so it's only a matter of time (a small amount of time) before they can grow new hearts as well. On top of this, stem cell research also has fantastic potential. We'll probably - given fiscal suitability - live to almost 200.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Tyson on May 24, 2005, 02:52:27 PM
Quote from: monkey!
By the time most of us are 60 the average life expectancy will be well over 100; foreskins can now be grown into new livers, kidneys etc. so it's only a matter of time (a small amount of time) before they can grow new hearts as well. On top of this, stem cell research also has fantastic potential. We'll probably - given fiscal suitability - live to almost 200.


At what point will life be too boring/painful/whatever to go on? Sure, you can replace some of your parts, but not all of them. Your body's various parts aren't all made to last forever. Essentailly, it would only be a matter of time before all that's left of your old self is the brain, and even that will be heavily augumented.

I think extending your lifespan is pointless. It just prolongs the process of dying that begins when your body starts to break down in your 50s/60s. However, extending the quality of life is a much more noble goal. We'd be able to enjoy more of our lives and then die before the tedium and dreadfulness of old, withered age sets in.

I'm going out like HST. He died in time to avoid a shameful and prolonged death. Like Schiavo. Horrible.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: monkey! on May 24, 2005, 03:00:43 PM
Quote from: Tyson
Sure, you can replace some of your parts, but not all of them. Your body's various parts aren't all made to last forever.

...However, extending the quality of life is a much more noble goal. We'd be able to enjoy more of our lives and then die before the tedium and dreadfulness of old, withered age sets in.


I think you're missing the point that having new organs will improve the quality of life for many aging persons, by removing pain and discomfort. Many people die before being able to do things that they've longed to do.

Then again, living longer would probably end up meaning we'd all have to work even longer - unless of course we all cyborg ourselves and don't need money for food etc. -  and so would probably end up following the same cycle.

Stem cells, however, have been quoted as being able to stop the ageing process - which would be nice - but of course then we'd all have serious over-population issues. Move to Mars. Fly to Europa. Live forever in super-computer generated "realities" of the mind.

Or, whine, get old, and die; wishing on your death bed that you hadn't been such a faggot and had chosen to extend and improve the quality of your life, rather than moan about getting wrinkly.
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: Tyson on May 24, 2005, 04:16:58 PM
No, the point is that you *can't* stop certain (most) parts of you from aging and failing. Even if you remain in a constant state of parts switching (read: pain), you're going to break down anyways. Your brain especially.

Sure, you could live to 200, but your brain is going to be mush way before that.

Forcing your body to live forever is the pussy way out. Death is natural, we all hit\t it sooner or later, so stop running away from it. Accept it.

Pussies!
Title: Great Society.org
Post by: monkey! on May 25, 2005, 09:39:41 AM
Or you can live forever as a cyborg, General Greivous stylee.