Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Newsday / Re: Obit Lineup
« Last post by Nubbins on May 13, 2022, 10:22:50 PM »
Fred Ward
Movies & Entertainment / Re: Superhero Movies
« Last post by RottingCorpse on May 09, 2022, 01:20:00 PM »
I want to eat a 20 mg edible and go back.
« Last post by Nubbins on May 09, 2022, 12:24:36 PM »
For everyone who's ben waiting 25 years for an Army of Darkness sequel, Doctor Strange 2 is probably as close as we'll get; Magic books of the damned, Deadites, Bruce Campbell punching himself in the face, and a gonzo zombie ending... Its full tilt Raimi firing on all cylinders. To call it daring would a bit much, but I'm surprised he got away with this much irreverent insanity under the Marvel umbrella.

This is the only endorsement I need!

I don't know quite what it says about me, but would you believe that I have only seen the first Ironman movie? I've seen a couple of the new Spiderman movies, so maybe those count.
« Last post by RottingCorpse on May 09, 2022, 11:28:45 AM »
For everyone who's been waiting 25 years for an Army of Darkness sequel, Doctor Strange 2 is probably as close as we'll get; Magic books of the damned, Deadites, Bruce Campbell punching himself in the face, and a gonzo zombie ending... Its full tilt Raimi firing on all cylinders. To call it daring would be a bit much, but I'm surprised he got away with this much irreverent insanity under the Marvel umbrella.
« Last post by Nubbins on May 05, 2022, 05:04:48 PM »
Holy shit, Scott Baio!

Umm... nevermind. Think I got fooled by the internets.
« Last post by Nubbins on May 05, 2022, 05:03:49 PM »
Holy shit, Scott Baio!
TV / Re: Suffering Through TNG: It's time for your oral exam, Wesley!
« Last post by nacho on May 05, 2022, 01:02:49 PM »
Fucking HOT!

https://twitter.com/ansonmount/status/1520041750005493764?s=20&t=9-Q_KIreaSXA3zr6nC3EOA

So Strange New Worlds should have been all about Captain Pike's five year mission and having a nice, stand-alone Star Trek adventure...

Instead, in the pilot, we have to have Khan's great great granddaughter with a troubled past as the security officer. We have to have Kirk's brother as a bridge crew science officer (Kirk himself is due to also join the crew by the end of the season). We have to squeeze in as many TOS characters as possible and create back stories and adventures for them.

I mean, why even bother? (For the record, the second season of Picard was also all about Khan.)

Maybe the franchise should just shut the fuck up and make their Khan show and get this out of their system? 
Reading & Writing / Re: What You're Reading
« Last post by nacho on May 05, 2022, 09:04:40 AM »
Made the weird decision to start reading the Mike Hammer books. Not sure I'll make it though... The first one is very dated. I, The Jury.
« Last post by Nubbins on May 04, 2022, 03:01:44 PM »
Roe v Wade, I guess.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10