Author Topic: Weekend Delights!  (Read 5482 times)

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Tyson
My mom's dead.

Dead sick of getting filled with JIZZ
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 09:08:40 PM »
Quote from: Tyson
My mom's dead.

So dead that...that when the...that when the..how dead is she?  Haha Take her coffin -- PLEASE!

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005, 12:54:05 PM »
Quote from: nacho
Is that the new Amity?

Nope. The original with James Brolin, Margot Kidder, and a horribly overacting Rod Steiger.

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005, 05:21:06 PM »
Somebody post the lyrics to the Firefly theme! Quick! My wife and and I have been singing gibberish for 16 hours now!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 05:41:54 PM »
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 05:45:02 PM »
And here's a high quality version from the soundtrack:

http://www.greatsociety.org/uploads/userfiles/nacho/01%20FireflyMain%20Title.mp3

Offline Matt

• working through the 1st 10,000
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 09:50:40 PM »
My weekend delight is landing a Starbucks date with a cute blonde.

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 10:35:33 PM »
Fell asleep during the first thirty minutes of Undead. Whether that was due to the movie or exhaustion remains to be seen. I felt like my body just sort of gave out for awhile. (This is my first weekend home in as long as I can remember, but at least five weeks.)

Keep us posted on your Starbuck's hottie, Matt.

Offline jreale

• Minty fresh
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 11:06:25 PM »
First, my first really creepy IM expereince at OK Cupid. Note to self: stop taking tests.

Then a day in Boulder, mostly on the Pearl Street Mall, home of many, many street performers, including the nearly-naked couple slinging fire from the end of two chains. "I'm Chris."
"And I'm Amy."
"And this is ancient New Zealand fire dancing!"

A family hike with the dogs at the ski mountain. Lou jumped up on a brand new sports car just as it pulled up to its parking spot. The guy drove away without even getting out. Fucking tourists.

Helped the husband re-cable his mountain bike. Now, drinking Fosters and making dinner at home.  There's a really cool bug crawling toward the dining room right now.
Insert witty phrase, inspirational quote, or self-promotional blurb here.

Tyson

Weekend Delights!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 11:37:24 PM »
I made a ridiculously elaborate t-shirt print. I'm waiting for the ink to dry right now. I also met about 10 babes on the team today. Not as nice as a Starbucks date, but good enough for me. I'm going to play Halo for the first time in three months.

Pic!

God. I even whore myself to the people who sit behind me in class...

Tyson

Weekend Delights!
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 11:39:01 PM »

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 01:33:05 AM »
The date was so retardedly complicated.

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 01:35:34 AM »
Quote from: jreale
Note to self: stop taking tests.

Well, duh!

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 04:36:58 AM »
Okay, so here's how it went: we met up at Starbucks, talked for awhile, it was all good. We start talking about movies, she mentions she hasn't seen American Beauty, I'm like, "Hey, I've got it. Want to see it?" "Yeah, sure," she says after a moment of hesistation. "Is it cool if we stop by [so and so]'s?"

Backstory: I met her last week Friday, she was hanging out with another guy on my dorm that she knew. She laughed at my jokes, we made a lot of eye contact, good chemistry all around. She leaves, says maybe she'll see me around. I say "yeah, sure... you know what, we should." She goes, "yeah, maybe." This shit sounds more retarded when recorded, but I think you guys can catch the general gist. So I wait for a couple days, poke her on Facebook. I think I already described how this works. Anyway, so I call her Saturday, today, and says "hey what's up?" we chat, I ask her if she wants to get Starbucks. And so it goes.

As we're walking back to the dorm, Daum, we see So and So with a couple of other guys. The blonde and So and So and the other guys all went to high school together, so we go over to them and chat it up and I'm the uncomfortable fifth wheel, which sucks, I don't know half their jokes and all of that, and the girl Jess is acting like one of the guys. Which is cool; that's the general impression I got from her. Eventually we start walking back to the dorm, go back to So and So's room where people chill, she prefers to hang out with them, obviously. After a little bit I ask her if she wants to watch the movie, she says she was actually planning on going to bed soon anyway, so I say "okay", we exchange pleasantries and I go back to my room to report on the situation to another guy across the hall who was pulling for me.

Which is where it gets stupid, because he tells me that his girlfriend, who is bi, always thought the blonde, Jess, was a lesbian. Which makes sense why her Facebook thing says interested in friendship, but at the same time her facebook says interested in men, and I went through all the right steps to secure a phone number and date, so if she was a lesbian then she's a lesbian interested in something more phallic on the side. And what's worse, at the end of the date I don't know whether I should say "Let's do this again". As it stands now, that's the end of it, but whether or not I want to see her again I'll figure out in a couple days. I was asked to rank it on a scale of 1-10 and I just came up with a 5. It left me going  :???:

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Weekend Delights!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 11:56:28 AM »
It's the "let's go to my dorm room on the first date" thing.  Always make her ask the question, even if you're the one asking it.

Second stage:  Admit that you'd feel like a fifth wheel if you stop by a stranger's place.  She is then obliged to include you.  (Though, in this case, it was a diversion.)