Author Topic: Glassbottom Boat Tours of my House now Available--$5  (Read 42523 times)

Tyson

Glassbottom Boat Tours of my House now Available--$5
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2005, 09:28:15 PM »
Quote from: Nubbins
I think I'd rather funnel bong water than try to swim in that muck.  That's probably some of the dirtiest water on earth... not to mention all the live electrical wires and seeping gas lines.  You probably couldn't swim a mile in it without running into some serious danger.

It'd be good preparation for Venice Beach in a week an a half...

I read a lot of reports about the dead animals floating around and the gasoline and all. The worst part of all this, I think, is going to be what's in the water. Not the water itself. Just think what else is floating around. That water's swept through hospitals and clinics. That water's got Cass' dirty socks in them, for god's sake!

On the upside, once this is all cleaned up, they're going to have some shiny new infrastructure. But getting there is going to be a pain in the arse.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2005, 09:47:16 PM »

Tyson

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2005, 10:15:17 PM »
THE COOKIES! DON'T FORGET THE COOKIES!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2005, 10:27:12 PM »
Orc beer!

Tyson

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2005, 10:37:53 PM »

Tyson

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2005, 11:54:50 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/firewall/38725768/

Black people loot, white people find.

Tyson

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2005, 11:59:17 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050829/pl_afp/usweathervenezuelaoil

BUT LET'S ASSASSINATE HIM ANYWAYS OMG LOL GOD RULEZ PEACE TO CHRIST SEND ME MONEY C/O 700 CLUB LOLOLOLOL!!!!!1111one!11

Offline Matt

• working through the 1st 10,000
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2005, 12:19:55 AM »
Thanks a bunch, Nacho. Now I keep seeing Ents in my head stomping around New Orleans wiping out Mardi Gras celebrators.

yotoc

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2005, 12:27:08 AM »
Quote from: Tyson
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050829/pl_afp/usweathervenezuelaoil

BUT LET'S ASSASSINATE HIM ANYWAYS OMG LOL GOD RULEZ PEACE TO CHRIST SEND ME MONEY C/O 700 CLUB LOLOLOLOL!!!!!1111one!11

They're offering eye surgery??  I want my free Venezuelan Lasik!

Tyson

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2005, 08:56:26 AM »
Quote from: Tyson

Black people loot, white people find.

But, of course.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2005, 08:59:14 AM »
Quote from: yotoc

They're offering eye surgery??  I want my free Venezuelan Lasik!

Then you won't be able to see the damage.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2005, 09:12:48 AM »
This bugs me:

The poorest 20% (you can argue with the number -- 10%? 18%? no one knows) of the city was left behind to drown. This was the plan. Forget the sanctimonious bullshit about the bullheaded people who wouldn't leave. The evacuation plan was strictly laissez-faire. It depended on privately owned vehicles, and on having ready cash to fund an evacuation. The planners knew full well that the poor, who in new orleans are overwhelmingly black, wouldn't be able to get out. The resources -- meaning, the political will -- weren't there to get them out.

Since when was the government there to help people out?  We're not living in a fucking soviet.  After the fact, they'll send the Guard in because that's what the Guard does, and the feeble FEMA efforts, but, as far as evacuation, it's always going to be: "Uh, shit, get out of there."  What are they supposed to do?  This is America -- we all hate the fucking government, so the fucking government isn't about to do anything because they know they'll get all of their jeeps set on fire.  Interference!! *firefight*

Hey, Greyhound's 20 bucks.  That's round trip.  And since all of the well-funded white people left all of their shit behind (like our own not at all well-funded Cassander), the poor people could have done the same and even stolen a bicycle.  Amazing how far you could get in a day.  

And there was a white girl just now on the news who was living out of her car because she only has 80 bucks, no family, no friends, and her NO bank got fucked.

Of course, she was cute, so the emergency white people's fund will kick into action and she'll be drinking champagne out of a dried black penis flask in no time, sitting on a couch also made of black people's skin.

Storm coming to destroy city.

Storm surge could go inland six miles

No car, no money.

I'd get on a bike and pedal all night.  Sleep in culverts, eat snails, run naked through the woods trying to catch rabbits and screaming incoherently.  Black people are used to that, right?

yotoc

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2005, 10:10:40 AM »
Ready to hate me again people?

Black people are lazy and will continue to play the part of 'victim' forever.  Here's one even better... I bet some of those people stayed behind just so they could loot.  You don't see them looting food and water, not when they can grab a 32" tv.  They really make me sick.  

Tyson, that link was about the most insulting thing I've ever read.  Ever.  We don't need a hurricane to keep the black man down.  They're doing a good job of that all by themselves.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2005, 11:07:26 AM »
Quote from: yotoc
Black people are lazy and will continue to play the part of 'victim' forever.  Here's one even better... I bet some of those people stayed behind just so they could loot.  You don't see them looting food and water, not when they can grab a 32" tv.  They really make me sick.

Oh come on... you don't REALLY believe this do you?  You're just saying this for the shock factor.

If I was back making $14k a year, had no means of transportation and had been inundated with CNN Stormfest after CNN Stormfest time after time again, I'd have stuck around too.  The only reason anyone stayed is because they couldn't possibly imagine how bad things would get.  

Here's one even better... I bet that if I'd been stuck in NOLA and I was wandering around empty streets and found myself in front of an electronics store with shattered windows and 40 PSP's inside surrounded by video games, I'd grab two or three and as many games as I could.  Furthermore, I could find any number of ways to rationalize it:  

Water's going to ruin it eventually anyway, so why not?  

I'll come back and pay for it once everything gets cleaned up.  

These last couple days have been so stressful, I need something to take my mind off the disaster.  

I've already lost everything and the government's going to fuck me out of compensation, so I deserve this.  

Etc., etc., etc.  It would be too tempting not to take something like that when it's staring you in the face, I don't care how hungry I am.  I could be bleeding from 20 different places and a scene like that would give me pause.  Race has nothing to do with it, man.  It's base fucking instinct.
8=o tation