Author Topic: Coronavirus & Lime  (Read 13514 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Coronavirus & Lime
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2022, 11:40:02 AM »
So...been down for the count with COVID for the last few days. Fever, chills, cognitive problems...so weak I could barely get to the bathroom. Totally kicked my ass, and felt like nothing I've ever felt before.

Today's the first day in three and a half days I've been able to get out of bed and it's exhausted me.

Spent most of this time worried my own name would end up in the Obit thread...

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2022, 03:51:31 PM »
Oof. No good. Hope it lets go of you soon.

Are you all vaxxed up? I seem to remember you starting off with J&J.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2022, 01:50:47 PM »
Oof. No good. Hope it lets go of you soon.

Are you all vaxxed up? I seem to remember you starting off with J&J.

Yep. And the Pfizer booster. But I didn't get the fourth one.

So I'm at day 5 and am just now able to properly move around the house and prepare my own food. The S.O.is at day 8 and remains exhausted. The smallest chores are like moving a truck with your teeth.

The doc says expect this for 1-3 weeks, with potential "exhaustion relapses" for 1-3 months.

Gotta say... I haven't necessarily been cavalier about COVID, but I have kind of relaxed myself along with everybody else these past few months. The "I'm over this" attitude. This has changed my mind. Back to being strict about my approach to all of this. It doesn't help that just about everyone I know (all vaccinated) are also falling to it, with varying degrees of intensity. Several of our friends and allies from the March book convention are still sick after getting it two months ago. One of my editors has had to quit -- they're 28 and they're in therapy to learn how to speak, read, and write again. Like a stroke victim.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2022, 11:01:41 AM »
My wife and I count ourselves lucky that our reaction to it was mild.

Yeah, I've still been masking up in public places, meetings, etc. And we're in a another surge right now. Lots of folks getting it.

RE: Fourth shot... I haven't gotten it either. I was told that being under 50 (barely) and healthy, to wait for the booster in the fall, in which some of the more recent variants will be dialed in. There's been a few studies / concerns about how much vaccine we're dosing ourselves with. Not that the vaccine itself is harmful, but that our immune system gets overloaded with vaccine in a way that keeps it on high alert. (Theres word for it that I forgot.) Still lots of studies going on about it.

Long COVID is real. I know plenty of folks dealing with it. Rest up. Get as well as you can.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2022, 12:11:48 PM »
Today's the first day I woke up feeling like a human being. And my first day wearing clothes.