Author Topic: Coronavirus & Lime  (Read 667 times)

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
Re: Coronavirus & Lime
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2020, 11:50:45 AM »
Finally the UK has decided to react... another 500 dead in Spain... and Week 2 of Cabin Fever begins in France.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2020, 02:08:57 PM »
Nacho, I added your link to the front page.

We're NOT on lockdown even when we say we are. We're on a very American lockdown.

Yeah, We're an a'la carte culture in the States. It's going to be hard to reverse that programming.

I went out today for the "final" run before the official WV lockdown kicks in at 8:00 PM tonight. Still tons of people out, though everything had a weird closed up vibe as well. I picked up my and Missus RC's new glasses which of course meant taking something from a human. (We did the handoff with a Clorox wipe, and I put them in a plastic bag to be disinfected before I went into the house.) Then I took our recycling to the bin. Saw no people, except for one old man who kept coming in too close so I'd back up. Finally, I went to school to pick up film gear. I now have a full (though slight) production studio in my house. One of my colleagues was there. We talked to each other from about fifteen feet away. (Again all the gear go thoroughly wipes down with bleach water or a clorox wipe before we put i in our shed.) I didn't realize how much I miss human contact until that conversation.

Once home, I immediately stripped down and put my clothes in the wash. Then I jumped in the shower.

Talked to my buddy in San Francisco last night. His wife is sick. He's unsure if it's COVID-19 or just a cold.  He also said he had a female friend who had it. This is secondhand hearsay, but basically it started out as a light cough. Next day, the fever kicked in which lasted for five days and never got below 101, even with Tylenol. the woman who had it definitely had trouble breathing. The worst part, she said was just generalized pain everywhere. everything hurt and the Tylenol didn't touch it. Fever broke on Day 5, but it was Day 9 before she really got out of bed.

"You don't want to get this," is what she supposedly said to him.

Meanwhile #ReopenAmerica is trending on Twitter.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:12:15 PM by RottingCorpse »

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2020, 02:34:09 PM »
Another 700 dead in Italy.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2020, 03:17:59 PM »
Also... France’s medical college or advisory board or whatever - just imagine Kevin Klein from French Kiss - very much suggested to l’Elysee that our confinement should be extended for another 4 weeks and honestly... I’m stuck indoors with an infant about to turn 2 years old and... and... and... please, send help.

Tonight I shall open my last bottle of wine from my ‘cave’ - a lovely Château Morillon ‘Grand Bordeaux’ Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux 2017 to accompany my intensely marbled Black Angus  rump steak.

After this... chaos.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:20:59 PM by monkey! »

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2020, 03:41:54 PM »

After this... chaos.

Wine run seems essential at this point. Maybe some liquor too.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2020, 09:16:12 AM »
Also... France’s medical college or advisory board or whatever - just imagine Kevin Klein from French Kiss - very much suggested to l’Elysee that our confinement should be extended for another 4 weeks and honestly... I’m stuck indoors with an infant about to turn 2 years old and... and... and... please, send help.

Tonight I shall open my last bottle of wine from my ‘cave’ - a lovely Château Morillon ‘Grand Bordeaux’ Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux 2017 to accompany my intensely marbled Black Angus  rump steak.

After this... chaos.

Right there with you. Ours turns 2 in a week and she’s going stir crazy. Thank god for weed.
8=o tation

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2020, 03:05:38 PM »
Another 969 dead today in Italy.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2020, 04:58:26 PM »
I just read that before coming here. Though the good news is Italian officials also say the number of new cases has slowed. 

Read this. It’s amazingly sound science in where COVID-19 comes from and gives a pretty rosy view about our chances of developing treatments.

https://www.newyorker.com/science/elements/from-bats-to-human-lungs-the-evolution-of-a-coronavirus

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2020, 05:17:06 PM »
Italian cases have slowed down before... until the next increase.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2020, 10:22:33 AM »

Don't worry, Spain is picking up the snowball.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2020, 11:08:43 AM »

And we in the U.S. aren't far behind.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2020, 12:02:07 PM »

And we in the U.S. aren't far behind.

We're keeping people alive. The infection rate is scary, but the death rate is way low. Right now, the death rate in Italy and Spain is between 5-10%. In the US, we're around 2%.

So, once that death rate jumps to 5%. That's when we're going to see the first cracks.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2020, 04:21:47 PM »
Over 10,000 total deaths in Italy...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #103 on: Yesterday at 01:25:55 PM »
And Maryland is "lockdown" as of 8pm tonight. The order is essentially the same as it has been, except now you can go to jail or be fined if you're ignoring it (and that's already happened in a few cases).