Author Topic: 2016 Roundup  (Read 31384 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: 2016 Roundup
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2016, 09:50:11 AM »
I was going to watch it. I was all set. However, Missus RC is in total political blackout and utterly refused. I could have watched it alone, but that would have incurred retribution I think. We watched X-Men: Apocalypse instead. (Review coming soon!)

And you know what? I don't feel like I missed anything at all. It's like being hyped for a football game then when it's over, you're just like, "I'm spent."

This election has really become a weird anxious waiting game for November 8. Just get it over with so we can all talk about how much Rogue One is going to disappoint us all.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:14:07 PM by RottingCorpse »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2016, 10:01:07 AM »
It was a bit more refined. Whenever Hillary wanted to be smug, she started writing things down. Trump was calm and complained mostly about his time limits and how unfair he was being treated.

The highlight was when Trump swore his first act as president would be to arrest and imprison Hillary. Which, you know, is tantamount to saying he'll declare himself dictator for life...and no one has complained about that yet. They're all bust fact checking minute points about the sea of nothing both of them said.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »
The second debate was bizarre. Trump would meander in the background like the spectre of Alzheimer's whilst Shillary rhymed off her spiel with solid coherence until Trump would mumble unrelated superlatives into the microphone.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2016, 05:56:09 PM »
The second debate was bizarre. Trump would meander in the background like the spectre of Alzheimer's whilst Shillary rhymed off her spiel with solid coherence until Trump would mumble unrelated superlatives into the microphone.

That was fascinating wasn't it? His wandering. it made him seem generally unhinged.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2016, 10:35:37 AM »
All of the women coming forward to accuse Trump of assault don't surprise me.

What surprises me is that Trump sees fit to (and gets away with) cruelly mocking them as they come forward. He really is like some sort of unstoppable playground bully. It's actually amazing.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2016, 10:50:33 AM »
Also amazing is the astonishing rise of Ken Bone and his equally astonishing fall -- all within 6 days.

http://www.avclub.com/article/ken-bone-has-already-ken-bonered-his-way-out-ameri-244234

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2016, 02:09:53 AM »
And now Assange has been cut off after he defied Goldman Sachs.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2016, 07:33:54 AM »
And now Assange has been cut off after he defied Goldman Sachs.

Well, when you decide to live in the Ecuadorian embassy you sort of have to put up with internet data caps...and goats and chickens in the VIP guestrooms...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2016, 07:42:23 AM »
So my big question is how can the election be rigged when it hasn't happened yet? Isn't that a bit premature?

It's confusing, 21 days before the election, to have Man on the Street interviews asking the question "Do you think the election was rigged?" And they answer "YES!"

Why isn't the answer: "Wait...which election? What day is it? Where am I? Is Bush back in office?"

And now party offices are being firebombed, paperboys are getting hot water poured on them. You know, another time, another place, I'd say this is the beginning of Bad Things. A part of me is keen for revolution...but I know that it'll immediately boil off into the usual ennui a week after the election and we'll be back to our Prozac fueled commutes to 70 hour work weeks. 

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »
We all voted for the Blue Necktie. We think we did. The inaugural speech of the Red Necktie took many by surprise - 'the Red Necktie won?'

Of course, they told us, because we all voted for the Red Necktie. I wasn't sure but it must be true if the Red Necktie won. All neckties shall now be red, they told us. No more blue or yellow or green neckties, only red. We are happy about this because red is the new blue.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #282 on: October 20, 2016, 11:33:11 AM »
That third debate was awesome. Trump fully on the ropes. Hillary's clear anger. Chris Wallace actually being an amazing moderator. The audience laughing at Trump! That last blew me away.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #283 on: October 20, 2016, 11:43:11 AM »
I missed it because I was at the tail end of a 15 hour shoot day. I'm not planning on watching it in "rerun" though if it's as entertaining as you say...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »
I missed it because I was at the tail end of a 15 hour shoot day. I'm not planning on watching it in "rerun" though if it's as entertaining as you say...

You should watch it because he basically outlined the plan for the civil war he's cheerfully planning to start on November 9th.