Author Topic: Superhero TV  (Read 16543 times)

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
Re: Superhero TV
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »
Okay...I can get behind that.

And no...that's not what I meant Monkey.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2015, 11:23:19 AM »
Every version of Supergirl has been so horrible that I can get behind this too!

(Edit: That's not a good thing, really. But they can't do worse than Smallville's Supergirl.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:13:28 PM by nacho »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2015, 02:05:30 PM »
My point from the Jem discussion! But, then, Supergirl isn't really the platform for empowered women. Wasn't she always a second fiddle? The comedy cousin of Superman?

At best, it’s laughably bad, but at worst, it’s borderline offensive; at one point, Kara has a conversation with her boss Cat (Calista Flockhart) about the name “Supergirl,” and Cat more or less shoots Kara down for preferring “woman” over “girl” — which is, well, pretty nauseating to watch. To put it mildly, CBS doesn’t have the strongest grasp on the female demographic, and this trailer is remarkable in just how much it proves that.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2015, 09:43:29 AM »
Okay...I can get behind that.

And no...that's not what I meant Monkey.

She's French, no...? There's some clip of her full frontal nudity out there.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2015, 07:40:36 AM »
Supergirl pilot leaked...and it is horrible. Beyond horrible.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »
I haven't returned to Daredevil since episode 3, but they're gearing up for season 2.

Jon Bernthal, who played Shane Walsh on the first two seasons of “The Walking Dead,” will play deadly vigilante Frank “The Punisher” Castle in Neflix’s second season of “Daredevil.”

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2015, 02:21:48 PM »
I was never able to go back after my PTSD episode.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2015, 11:10:20 AM »
So I guess I have to start thinking about this idiot show again.

The continuing adventures of an alt-history 12 year old Batman who, by the time he grows up and becomes Batman, will find that all his greatest foes will be middle aged and living in the suburbs.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2015, 09:17:22 AM »
Because Gotham returns this week and that makes me want to open a vein, I figured I'd ground myself with some 70s Superhero TV!

http://mentalfloss.com/article/68374/13-kick-ass-facts-about-wonder-woman

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »
Oh my god...wait a minute! The latest episode of Gotham was awesome!

Know what they've done? They've killed the entire GCPD so now Gordon gets to stop being bullied all the time. They've given Sean Pertwee long, awesome scenes where he's grooming a young Lucius Fox. They've introduced teenage Joker, and he steals every single scene he's in.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »
Oh my god...wait a minute! The latest episode of Gotham was awesome!

Know what they've done? They've killed the entire GCPD so now Gordon gets to stop being bullied all the time. They've given Sean Pertwee long, awesome scenes where he's grooming a young Lucius Fox. They've introduced teenage Joker, and he steals every single scene he's in.

And just as soon as everyone is ready to embrace and forgive Gotham, they fuck everything up again and it's, once again, the worst thing ever. Yawn.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »
That's David Tennant at "Kilgrave" in Marvel's Daredevil "spinoff," Jessica Jones. I like the gritty "street level" superhero stuff they're doing here... even though I won't be watching it.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2015, 10:31:04 PM »
Had to quit Supergirl halfway through. The hit(mis)-list:

1) They aren't allowed to say "Superman." So they avoid it at all costs...constantly. Supergirl uses his proper name, and everyone else says things like "Are you like....Him..." and Jimmy Olson shrugs and says stuff like "I think I'll ask my buddy in the suit."

2) The DC universe's version of SHIELD is not only front and center...Supergirl is basically working with them. Her sister is an agent. They've spent ten years hunting the rogue prison ship that disgorged hundreds of insane Kryptonian criminals on Earth who are -- JUST NOW!! -- coming out of hiding to prepare the way for "the general."

3) The "Supergirl" name comes about largely thanks to twitter, which leads to a lengthy scene where Supergirl rants about feminism to a less than amused Calista Flockhart.

4) Calista Flockhart is weird-looking, unlikable, and can't seem to walk in a straight line or stand without wobbling/leaning on something.

5) Supergirl desperately reveals herself to the big mouth idiot guy instead of Jimmy Olsen so she can have a human sidekick who can...be the standard human sidekick from every superhero movie. Jimmy is a love interest. They fall in love at first sight.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2015, 11:29:35 AM »
I've watched the first four or five episodes of Jessica Jones.  Pretty good, nothing that stands out as fantastic, but then hardly anything does on TV anymore.  What I don't get is that this show is supposed to be part of MCU, but they only make vague references to other Marvel characters.  And isn't this supposed to be going in the same place and at the same time as Daredevil?  I mean like blocks from each other.  No mention of it at all.  Maybe in later episodes.  One of the reasons I decided to try this show was I like idea of an all encompassing movie/TV universe.  Where they do crossovers and reference other shows/movies.  Much in the way Buffy and Angel did.  But they seem to be going out of their way to not reference the other characters in this "shared" universe.  So far the only mention of the Avengers is "the big green guy" and a little boy wearing a Captain America costume. 

While I like the show, I am disappointed they aren't using it (and other shows) to create the shared universe they've been selling all along.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »
I couldn't make it through the first episode. But, then, I have a problem with Ritter. Everytime I see her, I picture her choking to death on her own vomit while Walter White watches impassively.