Author Topic: Sleepy Hollow  (Read 1726 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Sleepy Hollow
« on: September 17, 2013, 08:06:39 AM »
Um...wait. This show is good!

I'm less surprised now that I see it's by Team Abrams, but, still, it's really quite good.

In this version, British turncoat and Revolutionary War hero Crane is tasked by Washington to kill a Redcoat mercenary who's, basically, Jason Vorhees. He beheads him, receives a mortal wound, is visited by a creepy priest, and...wakes up in the small town of Sleepy Hollow in 2013. Along with the headless body of Jason Vorhees.

There's more afoot, of course, because the creepy priest is still around. So Crane teams up with a sheriff's deputy and we're off and running... Is he there to stop the coming apocalypse?

The Headless Horseman is pretty fun and the show does well all around. Very pleasantly surprised.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
Re: Sleepy Hollow
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
Yeah...I don't know how viable it is long term, but the opener was kind of okay.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:58:14 AM »
Yeah...I don't know how viable it is long term, but the opener was kind of okay.

Yeah, that's a problem. It'd be a great two hour movie. A series? It's going to get really old really fast. And they're probably gonna Friday the 13th: The Series it, I bet you, where they'll spend most of their time chasing down artifacts and bad guys.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 08:40:02 AM »
So...if Katrina wanted to save the world in the future, it might have behooved her to not pick her idiot husband who can't grasp the most basic dream-time clues.

I also like how Crane seems surprised about witches and yet has not only witnessed them at work, but was charged by Washington to hunt them. And why are the Brits dealing with the devil, anyway? 

If this were a novel, I'd write in red on the front page: "Show, don't tell!"

And you's also think the people who wrote a whole episode about how fragile 200 year old dynamite can be in Lost would know how gunpowder works. That was enough black powder to take out much more than just one little witchy without even smudging the masonry of the ancient, unmaintained tunnel system.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 01:11:17 PM »
So the whole thing about how he's bewildered about being in the future and what his purpose is, and the surprise at having to deal with the supernatural and the ghost of his witch wife, doesn't quite jive with the flashbacks where he's part of a secret society dedicated to hunting and destroying the supernatural and, seemingly, is that society's most important member.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »
Oh my god...I'm getting into this idiot show.