Author Topic: American Horror Story  (Read 5300 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: American Horror Story
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 05:21:43 PM »
Um...well... Sure! If you have a 9-6 job that consists of 7 hours of free time, and don't mind background noise while you do other stuff.

I hate to recommend shows to busy people because I feel like I should save those recommendations for shows that really matter down the line. American Horror Story is certainly doing some interesting things, but season one is a hot mess...and season two is more reminiscent of season two of Twin Peaks than season one. Which, for a cult culture fan, can be appreciated. But, then, there are aspects of Logan's Run: The Series that I appreciate and, I promise you, you'd excuse yourself after 5 minutes of one of that show's episodes, go to the bathroom, smash the mirror, and open your veins.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 05:06:50 PM »
Well. Just two hours away from getting home and watching the instantly infamous Singing Nun episode.

Though we broke, just before the holidays, with a gruesome coat hanger abortion. Apparently the singing devil nuns have that beat. And something about Nazis crawling into ovens...

I have no hope that anyone will survive. But that's okay, because the cast will just come back next season in entirely different and unrelated roles, which is just so awesome...

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 05:15:38 PM »
After a meeting with my 'Cougars/Helena' co-writer today, I realize that I need to get this and Walking Dead into me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 06:51:04 PM »
After a meeting with my 'Cougars/Helena' co-writer today, I realize that I need to get this and Walking Dead into me.

Well... Walking Dead season 3 only. And, luckily, you don't really need the first two seasons! (Unless you want to share in the joy of watching hated main characters die.)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 08:38:37 PM »
Hooooly shit this recent episode.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 11:19:19 AM »
Wheee...

Even though we're still locked in Briarcliff's insanity for one more episode, exec producer Ryan Murphy recently revealed some spoilery goodness on who'll be back for next season's bloody-good scream show. Check in for the roster.

According to Murphy, both Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson (Kit and Lana) will play new roles in American Horror Story's season three, which starts filming this summer and is set to air in the fall of 2013. Clues to the location of the third spectral spectacle were supposedly inserted in Wednesday night's episode and point to a gothic Southern setting.

Peters and Paulson appeared in the original AHS outing as well as the current Asylum iteration and join returning maniacal matriarch Jessica Lange, who will play a new "glamour-cat" leading character in the next season. Asylum's Bloody Face became the series' greatest ghoul, and Murphy teases that season three will have an equally iconic baddie in the form of a woman this time.

Other tidbits on the secretive new plot include notions that season three will be "funnier" in tone and "more historical in nature." It's intended to take place in modern times, but as in previous seasons, it will drift between different time periods and other cities.

"We want to have some new people come in and some [Season 1] people come back," said Murphy. "I'm also interested in getting into a horror romance. That's certainly something that's going to be in the water for season three. You're going to see a very different tone in season three, but that's the joy of the show. I think as a person right now I do feel lighter and wanting to embrace something a bit more fun."
The AHS: Asylum season finale, "Madness Ends," airs on Wednesday, Jan. 23.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 07:37:24 AM »
Season two kind of fucked up. A weird, disjointed, and unsatisfying ending. The show has this peak, which was three or four episodes ago, where all the demons, ghouls, and Nazis are dealt with. Then it just sort of meanders into an agonizingly drawn out epilogue and ends in a way that makes me wonder if I missed a few episodes somehow.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »
Season three starts tonight! It's witches this time. I'm kind of looki9ng forward to it...

IMDB was nice enough to collect all of the teasers in one video:

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 11:39:59 AM »
Also, I'm obsessed with the House of the Rising Sun cover...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 10:13:21 AM »
So that was one hell of a strong premiere. We've been over-witched the last two years (and aren't there, like, three witch shows premiering this season), but I think witches are in the right hands here. Besides -- evil immortal Kathy Bates? Yes, please.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 08:01:43 AM »
I could watch Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange trade barbs while sitting on a park bench all day long.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »
I need to start watching this. Haven't seen a lick of it yet.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »
I need to start watching this. Haven't seen a lick of it yet.

It's a strange experience.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »
This is one of those shows that's really very bad, but you keep watching it because you're hoping there's some insane master plan that'll tie everything together and blow you away.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:34 PM »
This is one of those shows that's really very bad, but you keep watching it because you're hoping there's some insane master plan that'll tie everything together and blow you away.

Oh! Like the US Government. <badump-ch>