Author Topic: The U.S. Gun Show  (Read 32459 times)

Online RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: Batman Massacre
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »
This is the only source reporting this so far, but Holy Fucking Nutjob, Batman. (Too soon?)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-theater-shooting/

Kelly: Colorado Movie Theater Shooting Suspect Claimed To Be Batman Nemesis ‘The Joker’

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the gunman suspected of attacking a crowded movie theater in Aurora, Colorado resembled Batman’s arch-villain “The Joker” at the time of the shocking attack.

“We have some information, most of it is public. It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He had his hair painted red, he said he was ‘The Joker,’ obviously the ‘enemy’ of Batman,” Kelly said about the suspect, 24-year-old James Holmes, at a news conference Friday.

Kelly said the NYPD is stepping up security at movie theaters around the city after Holmes walked into a Colorado movie theater during a midnight showing of the new Batman movie “The Dark Knight Rises” and opened fire, killing 12 people and injuring dozens more.

EDIT:

TMZ notes that Kelly was likely speaking on details from Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates, who was a member of the NYPD for 21 years. The site added that Holmes may have been trying to resemble the scene in Christopher Nolan's 2008 film where the Joker is wearing a red wig while blowing up a hospital.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:08:03 PM by RottingCorpse »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »
I LOVE YOU HEATH LEDGER!!!! *boom*

Online RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »
Gee, no kidding.

Online RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 04:49:10 PM »
I'm just saying that sometimes whackos look normal. This guy lookes certifiable.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 05:06:45 PM »
I'm dying for the manifesto. How weird that he's being mum on all that...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »
PS...as of yesterday, I've rotated this into my "news blackout," so I'm relying on this thread for updates now.

Online RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »
I'm keeping tabs, but it's really all noise until we get a motive and/or manifesto.

Watch the video of Johnny Whackjob in court though. Creepy.

Online RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »
James Holmes' Psychiatrist Contacted University Police Weeks Before Movie-Theater Shooting: ABC Exclusive

The psychiatrist who treated suspected movie-theater shooter James Holmes made contact with a University of Colorado police officer to express concerns about her patient's behavior several weeks before Holmes' alleged rampage, sources told ABC News.

The sources did not know what the officer approached by Dr. Lynne Fenton did with the information she passed along. They said, however, that the officer was recently interviewed, with an attorney present, by the Aurora Police Department as a part of the ongoing investigation of the shooting.

Fenton would have had to have serious concerns to break confidentiality with her patient to reach out to the police officer or others, the sources said. Under Colorado law, a psychiatrist can legally breach a pledge of confidentiality with a patient if he or she becomes aware of a serious and imminent threat that their patient might cause harm to others. Psychiatrists can also breach confidentiality if a court has ordered them to do so.

"For any physician to break doctor-patient confidentiality there would have to be an extremely good reason," said Dr. Carol Bernstein, a psychiatrist at NYU Langone Medical Center and past president of the American Psychiatric Association.

Bernstein has no specific knowledge of the Holmes case and spoke in general terms.

"Confidentiality is a key part of the doctor-patient relationship," she said. "It is central to everything we do."

ABC news and affiliate KMGH-TV in Denver first reported Wednesday that Fenton had contacted other members of the university's threat-assessment team about her concerns. The university-wide, threat-assessment team reportedly never met to discuss Holmes after he announced his intent to withdraw from the University nearly six weeks before the July 20 shooting that left 12 dead and 58 injured.

University of Colorado spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery declined to comment on what, if anything, the university police officer might have done with information provided by Fenton, citing a court-issued gag order preventing her from confirming or denying any information related to Fenton or the investigation.

In a written statement to ABC News, however, the university said campus police officers are "frequently involved" in meetings of the university's Behavioral Evaluation and Threat Assessment (BETA) team.

The statement went on to say that police involvement with threat assessment "could include security matters, badge access, background checks, wellness checks, criminal investigations and referrals and outreach to other law enforcement agencies."

An attorney for Fenton declined to comment.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »
And the media circus continues.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Online RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
Re: The U.S. Gun Show
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 04:53:23 PM »
Made our Batman Massacre thread a general guns/shootings/WTF thread because I couldn't find one.

First off, James Holmes, the Batman shooter, got 12 life terms without parole plus 3,318 years in prison. Put that way, I can't help but wonder why we're not executing this guy.

Second, the Roanoke, VA on-air shooting, which I refuse to watch, rattled the hell out of me this morning. I'm sad and angry and sick of hearing about shootings, but I know there's no easy answer here.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 05:16:19 PM »

First off, James Holmes, the Batman shooter, got 12 life terms without parole plus 3,318 years in prison. Put that way, I can't help but wonder why we're not executing this guy.

Colorado has a complicated history with capital punishment. Though legal there since 1978, they've only killed one person and there's a weird low-grade protest. They call themselves the "de facto non-capital punishment state."

The guy they did kill is a great internet wormhole by the way -- raping sprees, murder sprees, gleeful recounts to the jury about how he used people for target practice... Gary Lee Davis. Makes Holmes look sane and sober.

Second, the Roanoke, VA on-air shooting, which I refuse to watch, rattled the hell out of me this morning. I'm sad and angry and sick of hearing about shootings, but I know there's no easy answer here.

You don't see much. The shooter takes out the cameraman first, so the camera goes down. I've not seen any video that goes beyond the coup de grace shot he delivers to the cameraman. He was an ex-employee, disgruntled mainly with the cameraman who had filed HR complaints against him.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
Wow... So, the video that the killer shot and posted is what you should avoid.

Online RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 11:53:02 AM »
I'm avoiding all of it.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!