Author Topic: Nacho watches Terra Nova  (Read 17603 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Nacho watches Terra Nova
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2011, 03:34:10 PM »
Haha!  Screaming "Get out of here you coward!" to the gigantic Komodo dragon.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56:13 PM »
Maddie: I think Horton's an impostor.

Zoe: I think he's a vampire and I'm scared!

*Zoe cheerfully goes off alone with Horton*

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
Now I feel bad that you're watching it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:15:09 PM by RottingCorpse »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »
 Oh! The Sixers' tech explained! Taylor's son has resources, technology, and know-how well in advance of 2149! Of course.

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2011, 09:54:46 AM »
Promo for Next Week's episode:

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »
Why's it hurt, Uncle Charlie?

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2011, 11:02:38 AM »
Shh. Just relax and push like you're going poopies.  Think of Joe Paterno.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »
Ugh. I was doing a live-review as I watched it, and then the page kicked me off. Even GS hates Terra Nova!

So... "Harvest Festival" pageant aside (and, again, I don't understand anything about Terra Novan society), this was actually a halfway decent episode.  Sort of. I guess. I can't tell for sure because this show gave me AIDS.

Oh, and, am I the only one who was waiting for the kids to start chanting "Captain Walker....Captain Walker....Captain Walker..."?

The important thing? The plot actually advances! Shit is actually explained! There's actually some conflict and emotion! Holy shit! I was stunned. I had to keep checking the file name to see if I accidentally downloaded the wrong show.

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »
Oh, well that's promising.

I've fallen into a groove with it so as long as it doesn't anything majorly offensive like, say, introduce faeries I should be okay.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
Hahaha! They have a Stargate now! The guards even shout "Unscheduled portal activity!"

I like how, when the meteor blew up, they had a magic chip-maker that got them back on their feet within a day. However, when Maddy's harddrive crashes they're all, "Oh, colony-wide shortage! LOL."

Overall, though. A fun episode. Simply because the plot is moving. The portal goes both ways now. The team on Atlantis can contact Earth! No...wait...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2012, 08:38:51 AM »
I like how, after this stupid, silly season, the finale is an insane -- and oftentimes poetic -- blood letting.

All the stupid stuff is there, but Jesus, Wash's execution is up there with some of the more poignant early season BSG deaths. Zoe -- easily the most annoying creature of the Cretaceous -- hugging Taylor afterwards got me a little misty-eyed.

I love the idea that the industrialists of 2149 seem utterly uncaring that they've basically caused the apocalypse and now the Earth's population are fleeing. They want to do it again in the past...and then take all of their profits...back...to the post apocalypse...to... I don't know. It's the underpants gnomes!

Phase one: Destroy every source of life in multiple universes and across the timeline.
Phase two: ?
Phase three: Profit.

So, like RC, I've been crushing on Sky this whole time... But then seeing the 30-something Lucas crush on her made me realize how creepy we are. It also jarred me out of the story for a bit, because that's not Lucas... It's like they're trying to squeeze every villainous trope into the character. While, meanwhile, the industrialist is a whining fool and the Phoenix group guys are all redshirts. Meanwhile, the Sixers are barely represented at all and completely vanish for almost the entire two parts. So they certainly lose the thread on the bad guys.

This made worse by the fact that they could have and should have killed Lucas about a dozen times... And why don't they just put the bomb on a timer before they send it through? Why send someone through? The fracture's right there!

But, whatever. We got action. And then we got a big reveal that's really just a back-up fracture and everyone's like, "We want to keep this quiet," to which Shannon's wife basically says that she doesn't care anyway! LOL! Guess we're back to normal, then.

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »
And scene....

Fox Cancels 'Terra Nova'

Though the network declines to move forward with a second season of its pricey time traveling series from Steven Spielberg, 20th TV will attempt to shop it to other networks.

Fox took a "big swing" and missed. The network has opted not to move forward with a second season of its Steven Spielberg time-travel drama Terra Nova.

The news comes as Fox has an increased roster of hourlong dramas, including J.J. Abrams' Alcatraz and Kiefer Sutherland-Tim Kring's Touch, and heavy hype surrounding its drama development. Given Terra Nova's international appeal, however, its studio, 20th Century Fox TV, will attempt to shop the big-budget series to other networks.

While the pricey dinosaur series averaged 7.5 million total viewers and 2.6 million in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demo in its 11-episode first season, it failed to catch on the way the network had hoped. Its two-hour finale matched a series low in the demo, drawing a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49 and an audience of 7.2 million.

Addressing reporters during the Television Critics Association's winter press tour in January, Fox Entertainment president Kevin Reilly said the network was waiting to make such big decisions as the fate of the Spielberg series until they had a better sense for both the midseason series and development projects. "I do feel fortunate that we have some high-class problems," he said at the time. "[Terra Nova] was an exciting bet to take and it's proven that it was worthwhile."

To be sure, Reilly and his team had hoped the series would fill a big-event genre programming void left by the departure of such series as Lost and 24. "Terra Nova is a big swing -- and the best of Fox tends to be big swings, in concept and/or tone," he told The Hollywood Reporter ahead of the series' premiere. "We are in the big-bet business. So if you're looking to break through and garner a big share of a fractured audience, and it is going to be costly regardless, you take the most exciting shots you can for your audience."

And a big bet it was. The cost of the twice-delayed two-hour premiere has been pegged at a price tag between $10 million and $20 million, a fee Fox brass argued would be amortized over the course of the show's first season. Premiering nearly day-and-date across international territories, both the network and studio banked on its performance overseas in a bid to justify the price tag attached to the production, which features futuristic technology as well as CG dinosaurs. Returning to Australia for the show’s second season -- as opposed to moving it to Hawaii as was originally discussed -- was another effort to keep the budget in check.

But when the series finally made it to air in late September, it met with an underwhelming response from critics and viewers alike. Still, while the family drama opened to only 9.2 million total viewers and a 3.1 in the key demographic, it managed to hold on to 97 percent of the demo viewers in week two, a promising sign for a freshman series.

Heading into the Dec. 19 season-ender, executive producers Brannon Braga and Rene Echevarria told The Hollywood Reporter that they were "guardedly optimistic" about a renewal and described early talks with the network about the direction that a potential second season could take. "We have pitched a take on Season 2 to the network and that's part of the decision making process for them. They were listening to some of the ideas and had feelings about what did and didn't work for them."

After quietly picking up the option on castmembers Stephen Lang and Jason O'Mara, the cast and crew began finding other gigs while the network dragged out its decision, once expected by December 2011. Already, Lang has booked a three-episode arc on USA Network's In Plain Sight, while executive producer Jon Cassar has reunited with 24 pal Suthlerland to direct an installment of Touch. Today's long-awaited decision frees up the show's many stars to consider other pilot season opportunities.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2012, 01:11:56 PM »
That's a relief. I was worried I would have to keep watching.

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2012, 01:13:16 PM »
You did see the part where they're shopping it to other networks, right?

*cough*SyFy*cough*

Actually a low budget SyFy version would probably be awesome.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
It would be Primeval.