Author Topic: RC Boldly Goes - Star Trek TOS  (Read 21436 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: RC Boldly Goes - Star Trek TOS
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »
Thanks, Reggie. I'm looking at it as my personal challenge to keep up with the shows and the thread.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »
Thanks, Reggie. I'm looking at it as my personal challenge to keep up with the shows and the thread.

I look forward to the mid-second season posts where you'll be talking like Shatner.  And...then...Uhura leans in...for a kiss!

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »
Back on the Trek train tonight!

I'm going to have to go back and cover the episodes Nacho and drunkenly marathoned two weeks ago. For now, I think I'm just going to pick up reporting on the ones I watch tonight.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »
Oh!  Right... You downloaded everything from Dropbox, right? Miri, Dagger of the Mind, Conscience of the King, and Court Martial? I'll get some more up if so.  We're almost done with season one!

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 09:24:32 AM »
Missed the Trek train. Some friends stopped by and I drank Magic Hat all night.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 10:36:07 AM »
Missed the Trek train. Some friends stopped by and I drank Magic Hat all night.

Is that like me?  Some "friends" stopped by and I drank all night...  (read as: I sat in the bathtub, fully clothed, and drank brandy until I vomited blood all over a photograph of Angelina Jolie from Pushing Tin.)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 02:09:34 PM »
You downloaded everything from Dropbox, right? Miri, Dagger of the Mind, Conscience of the King, and Court Martial?

Miri is the only one I don't seem to have.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
(Diclaimer/Confession: I've watched quite a few episodes, but haven't kept up with the recaps very well. Oh, and I've given up following any kind of order.)

The Squire of Gothos

This episode is a turd. Some matter controlling being called Trelane kidnaps/teleports Kirk and Sulu off the enterprise to a supposedly inhospitable planet where he's created a little bubble that looks like an 18th century mansion. I assume that's the set they could rent that week.

Anyway, he says he's been spying on Earth through a telescope, but since Earth is 900 light years away, he's seeing events from 900 years ago. Bones and crew come down for the rescue. Trelane is a fop and demands they all "pip, pip, cheerio, stay for tea." The crew escapes. Then they don't. Then when Kirk is about to die, Trelane's mommy and daddy show up to spank him. Turns out he's the child of two even more powerful beings. Thanks for babysitting, Captain Kirk. Sorry about the mix up.

Easily the worst episode I've watched to date.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »
The souring turn has begun! Just wait till Devil in the Dark when they all have to fight a blanket.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
Well, it's the first real stinker so I'm not worried. Hell, the X-Files had a 50/50 ratio between gold and crap and I watched way more of those than I should have. As long as there's more good than bad, I'm okay with a turd every once in awhile.

We watched 'Dagger of the Mind' to wash the taste of Gothos out our mouth. I'll riff later.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2010, 11:41:09 AM »
I wrote an article entitled "In Defense of Star Trek 5" for the new 2011 Cult Culture section in something of a drunken frenzy over the holiday... Just now finished transcribing it and it's 5000 words!

But...it barely makes sense.  So it's probably going to end up around the 2500 word mark.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »
That's funny. And awesome.

I'm so backlogged on what I've watched yet haven't written about. I'll get to it though.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2010, 01:15:16 PM »
The Man Trap

Star Trek Axiom #2 - If your ex-lover has been doing research on some backwater planet and no one's talked to them for a few years, kill them on sight because, look,  they're already dead and have been transformed into some kind of alien, android, etc. Yeah, I know. You used to love them. Life sucks.

So, Kirk, McCoy, and Red Shirt #57-T64 go down to do some routine medical exams on an archeologist and his wife, who is McCoy's old flame from . . . somewhere ten years before. The episode tips it's hand almost immediately by showing that Bones sees her exactly as she was ten years ago, Kirk sees her as a grey haired lady, and Red Shirt Darnell sees her as a super hot blond swinging 60s Sally. She's immediately starts tripping on how they're low on salt tablets. The she heads outside to go fetch her husband.  Darnell follows her. Exeunt the Red Shirt.

Her husband, Professor Crater, shows up and is pretty pissed off about the examination claiming that he and his wife just need salt tablets. It's at this point they find Darnell the Red Shirt dead with some kind of space herpes on his face. Nancy says she found him like that, dead with a plant in his mouth. The conclusion being that Darnell went trolling from some 'shrooms and got a bad batch. Know your 'shrooms, man. Know your 'shrooms.

Only Spock analyses the plant and says Darnell shouldn't have space herpes. Plus, all the salt has been drained from his body. Have I mentioned salt three times? I think I have.

Meanwhile "Nancy" kills another Red Shirt and then morphs into him. While Kirk and Spock stay on the planet, Nancy the fake Red Shirt goes aboard the Enterprise and starts roaming the halls. Say, there's Yeoman Rand with a plate of food. And a salt shaker! Let's follow her. Wait, here's Lt. Uhura. Let's, um, shapeshift into a black crew member and start probing her memories and talking about Africa. Then while McCoy is sleeping, let's shapeshift into McCoy and head to the bridge. What? This shit's not making any sense at all? Just go with it man. I know my 'shrooms. You're okay.

Back in the planet, Professor Crater admits to Kirk and Spock that Nancy's been dead for a year, killed by the shapeshifting creature now aboard the Enterprise. Really? You didn't think that was worth mentioning earlier? Oh, you love her. I see. Um, see Star Trek Axiom #2, you asshole.

Kirk, Spock, and Crater beam aboard the ship and go to see McCoy. Only McCoy isn't McCoy! (Now that I think about it, nobody on this show is ever who you think they are.) Anyway, "McCoy" suggests they deal with the creature peacefully. Kirk is like "Fuck that noise," and tells Crater to help them find out who the creature is disguised as. Crater is like "Fuck that noise," and Kirk orders him to sick bay for a little dose of truth serum. In sick bay, the creature freaks out, kills Crater and injures Spock. (Though doesn't kill him because he's a Vulcan and has no salt in his body.)

The creature turns back into Nancy, and goes to see the real McCoy who's been sleeping through all this. (The soundproofing in the Enterprise walls must be AMAZING.) Kirk shows up to kill the creature. McCoy stops him and takes his phaser because he thinks Nancy is still Nancy. Kirk is like, "Shoot her, you dumb mother fucker! Remember Star Trek Axiom #2!" After Spock shows up and gets a beat down, McCoy realizes what everyone else did in the first five minutes of the episode and shoots Nancy who reverts to her true form; a grey haired yeti with a toilet plunger for a mouth and suction cups from fingers. (So THAT is where the space herpes came from.)

See, Bones? Star Trek Axiom #2. Got it? Good. Now, let's go make sure Nurse Chapel gets it before we watch What Are Little Girls Made Of?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2010, 03:35:40 PM »
LOL at Man Trap.  I hate that episode.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »
Is that where the phrase "The Real McCoy" comes from?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:37:39 AM by RottingCorpse »