Author Topic: Year One  (Read 3628 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Year One
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:31:25 AM »
So I thought Obama was gone and a cardboard cutout of one of the aliens from Mars Attacks was president, but it turns out I was wrong!

Tonight is the NW's "state of the union party" at Gaffneys in Bethesda.  We're going to watch Obama say nothing for 40 minutes while drinking our faces off.

I figured I should see what Obama's been up to. 

WaPo says that he will "change his agenda" tonight.  We've certainly seen some of those agenda changes -- increasing troops to the MidEast, and agreeing to sell arms to Taiwan, which reads to me as "agreeing to light a match in an underground gas tank to see if there's still gas in the tank."

He's taking actions to control the deficit -- and I'm sure gun-running will help there -- undo some of what Bush did to our Education system (by investing four billion dollars into middle and higher income white schools), and will "re-energize his populist message."

Woo!

So what are you all hoping to get out of tonight?  Besides war with China?

Offline Matt

• working through the 1st 10,000
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
Re: Year One
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
I'm looking forward to economic collapse as Obama institutes the same thing he lambasted McCain in the debates for and that everyone laughed at McCain for suggesting (a spending freeze).

The populist message is to make "left" Democrats feel bad if they dare to question his agenda, which is to continue the plutocracy of the Bush years. Basically he's making Clinton look magnanimous, and Clinton was the dude who kicked off welfare reform.

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:46:59 AM »
Basically I'm sorry I ever voted for the bastard

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:48:56 AM »
And I won't be voting for him in 2012, not even if Sarah Fucking Palin was running against him.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:54:34 AM »
And I won't be voting for him in 2012, not even if Sarah Fucking Palin was running against him.

If she actually gets the nomination, I think it would behoove us to rally around Obama.

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
nope. bring on the fucking locusts and boils, baby, in the motherfucking apocalypse.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 06:30:44 PM »
That Youtube would be so much more satisfying if it was 10 minutes.  If I ever get a dog, that's what I'll do.  "Subscribe to doglickingbutt channel!"

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 07:26:56 PM »
Basically I'm sorry I ever voted for the bastard

Quoted for posterity. Because, what, McCain would have been a better use of your vote? Fucking Ron Loon Paul?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »
And now we launch into the NEw Obama.

First up -- goodnight NASA.  He's canceling all funding for the upcoming Moon shot as well as the entire Constellation program.

"We certainly don't need to go back to the moon," one administration official told the paper.

Instead, the White House will direct NASA to develop new technology "designed to someday enable human exploration of asteroids and the inner solar system."

The space agency will also devote resources to earth-bound projects, such as researching and monitoring climate change.

In addition, the administration planned to extend the life of the International Space Station to at least 2020.

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 07:20:47 PM »
It was great when he waggled his finger at colleges and universities for being wasteful, when higher ed funding has decreased by over 30 percent in the past 20-30 years (not counting the new cuts from the New Depression)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »
Obama . . . Wasn't there an Obama on the roster of the '93 Padres. Short stop or designated hitter?

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »
I'm still an Obama fan, despite everything.  He's had more of an uphill battle than any prez in recent memory and I don't see how he could have accomplished more in his first 12 months of office. 

My complaints are centered on congress at this point.  Their extreme partisainship on both sides of the aisle is extremely frustrating given that Barry's made attempt after attempt to extend the proverbial olive branch.

As for Obama, he probably bit off way more than he can hope to chew with all the reform he suggested last night.  I couldn't get over the whole charade and spectacle of the applause last night.  It's fucking theatre of the highest order.  I wonder if the congressmen get copies of the address just so they'll know when to stand and clap and when to sit with arms crossed looking angry.

Perhaps I am just naive, but Obama seems to be trying to take the high road whenever he can, but he keeps getting mired in all this bullshit hackery.

I have pretty much quit paying attention to all of it because it does nothing but upset me when I take the time to listen.
8=o tation

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm still a satisfied customer. My current political complaints really only lie with SF's fucking Mayor. He's a douche.

Speaking of theater, remember "terr-ist" era Bush? That shit was unreal compared to last night.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 11:16:48 PM »
Seriously, though, was the President behind the black guy?