Author Topic: Sweet, sweet Idiotic Right Wing Backlash  (Read 22813 times)

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
Re: Sweet, sweet Idiotic Right Wing Backlash
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 05:58:16 PM »
It is only getting worse and worse... from all sides.  I get pretty tired of Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann trying to emulate Jon Stewart by infusing jokes and sarcastic wit in their broadcasts... they doing virtually nothing but cover the implosion of the Republican party night after night.  I suppose it is interesting and entertaining for liberals such as myself, but if anyone tunes into MSNBC for news of the world, they're as disappointed as they would be tuning into Fox.

To their credit, they aren't quite as bad as Fox News, but the fact that MSNBC devotes so much of their time to highlighting conservative idiocy instead of covering world news says a lot about their network as well.

I get most of my news from the Al Jazeera podcast now, believe it or not.  They don't cover everything, but they take a story and then show how it is being reported in America, Europe and the Arab world, so I feel like I get a bit more perspective on world events that way.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »
Yeah, that's what I tried before I gave up -- Al Jazeera, der Spiegel, the blog world.  But, even then, I'm exhausted by it all.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »
And what's the first thing I see when I go to Al Jazeera?

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2009/10/20091019165736887890.html

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »
i wish AP or Reuters would start an all-day news network.  Don't focus on anything "breaking" just give us the facts.  Just read them aloud.  Don't ask for viewer e-mails, don't consult with "experts" and don't get in a hissy fit when someone pops your pretend bubble of outrage.  just give us the goddamn news! with moving pictures!
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 03:11:57 AM »
Yeah, wouldn't that be something. Just hire a fucking actor to read the wires as they come in.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 08:03:36 AM »
People would be mesmerized, actually.  Morgan Freeman, sitting on a stool, reading the wires.  No background, no scrolling text.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 01:32:11 PM »
I would watch that shit, for sure.
8=o tation

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 10:50:58 PM »
Would you... Fap to it?

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Robin Meade
8=o tation

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2010, 02:59:54 AM »
so....L crashed early.  i'm flipping through channels.  Fox News has a Glenn Beck Yearly countdown.  seriously, if you have DVR or TiVo, try to find this.  it's like Fox News just made it's own "Yes, here's an hour of Glenn Beck's craziest shit from the year...and it's absolutely insane." show.  but glenn is there the whole time to commentate on his own show and try and make it sound sane!  oh god!  it was one of the most entertaining things i've seen all year.  it's worse than i thought.  it's just absolute nursery school object lesson design concerning the most distilled if a=b then b=c,d,e,f,g,h, AND communist I bullshit, but it just makes sense.  this show has to exist.  this man has to exist.  i've had a bottle of champagne and a few whiskies.  i'm beginning to think glenn beck is some kind of spy the way the hero of Vonnegut's "Mother Night" was a spy.  preach nazi bullshit, but cough and pause at the right moment to save our armies and broadcast their movements.  the only question is...who is he a spy for?

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2010, 04:07:07 AM »
The Chinese. When the American IQ is low enough, they swoop in. Glenn Beck is a fucking coal mine canary.

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2010, 05:42:15 PM »
holy shit!  almost everything makes sense now!

Beck was raised as a Roman Catholic and attended Mount Vernon's private Immaculate Conception Catholic school. At 13, he won a contest that landed him his first broadcast gig as a disc-jockey for his hometown radio station, KBRC.[7]

Beck's parents were divorced in 1977 and the 13 year-old Beck moved with his mother to Sumner, Washington, attending school in Puyallup. In 1979, his mother died in a mysterious drowning in Puget Sound, just west of Tacoma, either accidentally or as a suicide.[8] A man who had taken her out in a small boat also drowned. A Tacoma police report filed after the drowning stated that Mary Beck "appeared to be a classic drowning victim", but a Coast Guard investigator speculated that she could have either fallen or jumped overboard.[8]

After his mother's death, Beck and his older sister moved to their fatherís home in Bellingham, Washington,[7] where Beck graduated from Sehome High School in 1982.[9] In the aftermath of his mother's death and subsequent suicide of his stepbrother, Beck has said he used "Dr. Jack Daniel's" to cope.[10]

At 18, following high school graduation, Beck relocated to Provo, Utah and worked at radio station KAYK. Feeling he "didn't fit in", Beck left Utah after six months,[11] taking a job at Washington D.C.'s WPGC in February 1983.[12]

While working at WPGC, Beck met his first wife, Claire.[13] The couple married and had two daughters, Mary and Hannah; Mary was born in 1988 with cerebral palsy, the result of a series of strokes at birth.[13] The couple divorced in 1994 amid Beck's struggles with substance abuse. Along with being a recovering alcoholic and drug addict,[14] Beck has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.[15] He cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) in his sobriety and attended his first AA meeting in November 1994, the month he states he stopped drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis.[16]

In 1996, while working for a New Haven-area radio station, Beck was admitted to Yale University through a special program for non-traditional students. Beck took one theology class, "Early Christology," and then dropped out.[16][17]

In 1999, Beck married his second wife, Tania.[16] They joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in October 1999, partly at the urging of his daughter Mary.[18][19] The couple have two children, Raphe and Cheyenne, and currently live in New Canaan, Connecticut.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
What a fucking loon. Wow. And one of his daughters is one letter away from rape!

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »
This sort of fits in here, right? I don't want to start a Bachmann thread, and every single GOP candidate this year is an element of the idiotic right wing backlash, so...

I starred it on Friday and never got around to posting it...but fucking hilarious.

In her later retraction, she said, "When you speak six times a day, slip-ups can occur."

Um...well, okay. I guess.

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said Thursday that Americans are alarmed that President Barack Obama may cut defense spending at a time when the Soviet Union is becoming a power in the world.

"When you are traveling -- I know you are in South Carolina now, you're obviously in Iowa, you're up in New Hampshire -- are you hearing different things in these states?" Christian radio host Jay Sekulow asked the candidate.

"I would say it's a unified message," Bachmann explained. "It really is about jobs and the economy. That doesn't mean people haven't [sic] forgotten about protecting life and marriage and the sanctity of the family. People are very concerned about that as well."

"But what people recognize is that there's a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward. And especially with this very bad debt ceiling bill, what we have done is given a favor to President Obama and the first thing he'll whack is five hundred billion out of the military defense at a time when we're fighting three wars. People recognize that."