Author Topic: Sweet, sweet Idiotic Right Wing Backlash  (Read 22814 times)

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
Re: Sweet, sweet Idiotic Right Wing Backlash
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 12:05:45 PM »
Will someone please shoot Dick Chaney in the face?  I am sick of hearing his opinions about this administration.

President Barack Obama's expansion of the federal government into the financial sector is likely to have "devastating" effects in the long term, former Vice President Dick Cheney said in his latest salvo directed at the new White House administration.

In an interview on Fox News — portions of which aired Tuesday night — the former vice president said he is "very concerned" about where the Obama administration is taking the country economically.

Why does anyone give a shit what Dick Cheney has to say about anything?  That's what I can't figure out.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 12:29:34 PM »

Why does anyone give a shit what Dick Cheney has to say about anything?  That's what I can't figure out.

Boredom.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »
Hit the nail on the head.
8=o tation

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »
Jews in ovens.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 09:13:46 PM »
I long for the day i read the headline "Dick Cheney Dead Today After Choking on Own Bullshit"
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 03:16:02 AM »
The reasons for this are, of course, that he was the Vice President and he's willing to be critical.

The same reasons we heard from Mr. Gore and Mr. Clinton during the previous administration.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »
Yeah, but at least Gore put on a cape and mask when he talked, and Clinton only took interviews when he was in the bathtub. 

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:01 PM »
plus, al gore never strong-armed senators into voting for a war or shot anyone in the face.  while in office, at least.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »
I just find it funny that there are news organizations consulting officials from one of the least successful administrations in history as if their ideas hold any sort of credibility whatsoever.  I mean, shit... if they're going to talk to Cheney, then why aren't we consulting Ted Kaczynski about Homeland Security or Bernard Madoff about the credit crisis?
8=o tation

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
  • Cthulu saves souls for tasty midnight binges.
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 03:04:10 PM »
I just find it funny that there are news organizations consulting officials from one of the least successful administrations in history as if their ideas hold any sort of credibility whatsoever.  I mean, shit... if they're going to talk to Cheney, then why aren't we consulting Ted Kaczynski about Homeland Security or Bernard Madoff about the credit crisis?

Amen, brother.  Well said.
"If it were up to me I would close Guantánamo not tomorrow but this afternoon... Essentially, we have shaken the belief that the world had in America's justice system... and it's causing us far more damage than any good we get from it."

-Colin Powell

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »

uh, have you ever listened to ANY of their other consultant/experts?  all those people are whackjobs. 

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 05:30:57 PM »
There's a few comedy troupes and such who regularly get fake experts on TV. The Yes Men are notorious for that, too.

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »
i know there's a million "glen beck is crazy" clips out there, but this one hit me in a special place.  I really can't figure out if Beck is emotionally unsound and believes everything he says, if he's the ultimate conman who's in it for the easy money, or if he's some kind of twisted false prophet like Howard Beele in Network after he gets re-hired.

so let's watch some classic commercials and try to figure out what it was we all "used to agree on."

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »

I was in Kansas visiting relatives last week and had the pleasure of watching that very broadcast live. What the clip doesn't show is what set his little nonsensical tirade off in the first place.  

Before all of it, he showed a clip of a lady giving an address at a university or something (I was trying to ignore the broadcast so I don't know the exact details) and she highlighted two people who's politics she goes to for inspiration, one of them being Mao Tse Tung.  Of course, as soon as she's done saying that the clip ends and Beck launches into a directionless, weepy montage of pointless nostalgia and moral outrage; astounded that she could possibly be inspired by someone who murdered "millions"... what he failed to do was provide further context for her statement, completely negating the possibility that perhaps she went on to illustrate how Mao's politics serve as an example of how NOT to approach government.  

I have no idea if that was the case with regards to her speech, but the point is that this entire segment was set off by something taken entirely out of context.

My Mom commented to me later that watching Beck is like watching a Baptist televangelist.  The whole crying bit makes me want to reach through the television and strangle him.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:43:42 PM by Nubbins »
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 05:07:42 PM »
So, so glad that I don't have a TV.  I keep as much of the media as possible at arm's length.

I'm still sort of in my media blackout phase that began in the months before the election... Or maybe even earlier.