Author Topic: Not worth a thread: Silver Screen Edition (with downloadable supplement)  (Read 124755 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: Not worth a thread: Silver Screen Edition (with downloadable supplement)
« Reply #735 on: January 18, 2015, 06:19:52 PM »
I thought American Hustle was really cool, but I've also seen Chinatown nearly a half dozen times.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #736 on: January 18, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »
Was American Hustle about something besides JLaw and Amy Adams?

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #737 on: January 18, 2015, 06:39:52 PM »
I'm sorry, were you saying something?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #738 on: January 18, 2015, 11:24:48 PM »
Oh god...thank you.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #739 on: January 18, 2015, 11:28:47 PM »
Here;s American Sniper's fucking audience:

AMERICAN SNIPER... with Bradley Cooper... OMG... if you love your country... THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA... you must watch this true story!!! Sometimes we are so far removed from what our young men and women do in order to protect us...and we need to be REMINDED!!!!!!!!!!! I won't share anything other than.. if you don't value what our troops do for us, then you are cold and selfish and I pray that the enemy never comes knocking at your door or in your neighborhood... like they did on 911, and the countless other places they continue to sneak their way in!!! PLEASE GO SEE THIS MOVIE if you get a chance.. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS, OUR VETERANS, and our WOUNDED WARRIORS... heart emoticon

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #740 on: January 19, 2015, 10:58:58 AM »
It made a shit-ton of money this weekend.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #741 on: January 19, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »
That's because America's population is an uneducated mass of serfs.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #742 on: January 20, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »
Here;s American Sniper's fucking audience:

AMERICAN SNIPER... with Bradley Cooper... OMG... if you love your country... THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA... you must watch this true story!!! Sometimes we are so far removed from what our young men and women do in order to protect us...and we need to be REMINDED!!!!!!!!!!! I won't share anything other than.. if you don't value what our troops do for us, then you are cold and selfish and I pray that the enemy never comes knocking at your door or in your neighborhood... like they did on 911, and the countless other places they continue to sneak their way in!!! PLEASE GO SEE THIS MOVIE if you get a chance.. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS, OUR VETERANS, and our WOUNDED WARRIORS... heart emoticon

Seth Rogan is in trouble for saying what I was thinking:

http://www.avclub.com/article/seth-rogen-points-out-how-american-sniper-kind-ing-214026

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #743 on: January 20, 2015, 03:35:21 PM »
I fucking hated American Sniper. How the hell did that get nominated for Best Picture? Bradley Cooper was good considering the shit source material he had to work with, but the rest of it was C-rate writing and acting. And the entire package is a big propaganda whitewash that would've make Kim Jong-Il blush. I barely know where to start here.

Like, the doll stand-ins for babies. They didn't even bother trying to make them move or appear real. It's incredibly obvious that they're holding plastic dolls. It looks like an inner-city high school drama rehearsal.

And the movie actually opens with the most tired Middle East movie trope of our times slow fade in from black over a morning call to prayer echoing through the city. Clint Eastwood didn't even try here.

What kind of idiot pays $40 to see this in IMAX? CERTAINLY NOT TYSON NOPE NO WAY.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #744 on: January 20, 2015, 03:36:43 PM »
Oh god, thank you. We're all alone, Tyson!

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #745 on: January 20, 2015, 05:08:14 PM »
Simpleton war propaganda for simpletons bred from purposefully underwhelming education systems.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #746 on: January 20, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »
Rogan's joking comparison to Nation's Pride was mind-blowing. I didn't make that connection but...of course... The sniper montage sequence is almost shot for shot the same scene in Nation's Pride.

The more I think about American Sniper, the more outraged I become at it's critical reception.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #747 on: January 20, 2015, 05:20:16 PM »
Symptomatic of the success American, and even British, media has had in manufacture of public consent and opinion. Anybody even vaguely Muslim-looking has been demonized these last ten years to similar extent as Jews where in 1930s Germany.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:24:21 PM by monkey! »
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #748 on: January 20, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »
Christ I hate this movie.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #749 on: January 20, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »
Symptomatic of the success American, and even British, media has had in manufacture of public consent and opinion. Anybody even vaguely Muslim-looking has been demonized these last ten years to similar extent as Jews where in 1930s Germany.

My problem isn't so much that it's propaganda, it's that it's shitty propaganda! I don't mind a good ol' rah-rah U-S-A war propaganda movie every now and then, but this thing just sucks. None of it is good outside of Bradley Cooper's ability to improve on fourth-grade script writing.

My girlfriend's theory is that they simply timed and marketed this thing perfectly. The US has forgotten the horrors of the wars already (even though it's still very much active) and we're all ready to start up that Greatest Generation bullshit now. I'm inclined to agree with her.

So yeah, speaking of xenophobia, you'll be happy to know that every middle eastern person in this film is portrayed as either a snake, an idiot, or a lying bastard. Every American, though, is fucking :angel5: :salute: :angel5: :salute: :angel5: :salute:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:08:31 PM by Tatertots »