Author Topic: Not worth a thread: Silver Screen Edition (with downloadable supplement)  (Read 124771 times)

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
I was hoping for it to be more like a sequel to the Scorpion King and less like a story of "unwavering faith."

Isn't that Hercules?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
I was hoping for it to be more like a sequel to the Scorpion King and less like a story of "unwavering faith."

Isn't that Hercules?

That depends. There are two Hercules movies this year! Will The Rock be able to wash away the horror of "The Legend of Hercules"?

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
I refuse to watch any other version than Schwarzenegger's Hercules.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS

Probably more accurate than these two...

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!

Probably more accurate than these two...

RARRRRR!!!
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
WHAT. THE. FUCK?

The last Pink Panther movies featured Steve Martin playing the perfectly incompetent Inspector Jacques Clouseau, to perfectly awful reviews. But now, MGM has announced a new Pink Panther movie, which ditches the Inspector in favor of the literal Pink Panther himself, who appeared in previous movies' opening credits.

David Silverman, who directed and produced The Simpsons Movie, is directing, with Walter Mirisch and Julie Andrews producing. Mirisch was the executive producer of the original movie and Andrews is the widow of Blake Edwards, who directed the classic Pink Panther movies.

As with the original cartoon show (which some may remember from the '60s), the Panther himself won't speak. But unlike the original cartoon, the movie will drop the Panther into the real world, using a combination of live-action and CGI. The story itself takes cues from the original movie, where the title referred to a precious gem-stone that thieves steal. As an "international jewel heist" movie, it should at least stay near its roots.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
Ugh.

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
*gunshot*

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Oh, yes... R.U.R.!

The grandfather of sci-fi... R.U.R. coined the word "robot." A social satire written by Czech author Karl Capek in 1919, it imagines a future world (the 1960s) where robots fulfill our every whim...and have had enough, so they revolt. You've seen it a million times in Blade Runner, I Robot, etc... The themes are in just about every sci-fi movie and show ever made. The pseudo-religious robot rebellion. But it all began with R.U.R.

Capek's story is amazing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_%C4%8Capek

Dubbed "public enemy number two" by the Nazis, he died in the camps in 1938.

Turning R.U.R. into a film is kind of pointless at this point since it's been ripped off so many times... But an indie company is trying to do it: http://www.heliconarts.com/rur/

Here's the trailer/calling-card mini-film:

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
I need to read R.U.R. The Czechs talked about it endlessly.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
I need to read R.U.R. The Czechs talked about it endlessly.

It'll take you about 25 minutes.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
I'm sure this won't in any way completely ruin and destroy the memory of a classic show...

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27178025

Dad's Army film 'in the works'

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
I'm sure this won't in any way completely ruin and destroy the memory of a classic show...

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27178025

Dad's Army film 'in the works'

That's... That's just not possible. That's like rebooting Fawlty Towers.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
They're raping history, Nacho.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
They're raping history, Nacho.

You know what it is, right? It's back to the Doctor Who missing episode cache. Allegedly thousands of cans of not just Doctor Who, but Adam Adamant Lives, Z Cars, etc. Among them the much sought after missing episodes from the second season of Dad's Army...and the Christmas specials.

According to the endless rumors, the Beeb is slowly restoring everything (or negotiating ownership) and aren't announcing recovery until they're sure they can restore the film into salable condition.

Every time the missing episodes rumor comes up, Dad's Army gets name-checked. I wonder if, finally, this means that there's another official announcement coming soon...