Author Topic: Not worth a thread: Silver Screen Edition (with downloadable supplement)  (Read 124776 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: Not worth a thread: Silver Screen Edition (with downloadable supplement)
« Reply #525 on: January 22, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »

Watched Argo last night. Interesting. Sort of a poor man's Zero Dark Thirty, and a little self-obsessed with nostalgia.

Watched Argo last night and absolutely loved it though I agree with both your points.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #526 on: January 23, 2013, 07:30:29 AM »
Watching Deadfall now, which is exactly like every other movie with this description:

In the wintry countryside near Canada, smooth-talking heist man Addison (Eric Bana) and his femme fatale sister Liza (Olivia Wilde) are on the run with a bag full of cash from a c asino job. With a deadly blizzard swirling around them, they split up to make a desperate dash for the border. Meanwhile, troubled boxer Jay (Charlie Hunnam) has just been released from prison and is heading home to spend Thanksgiving with his mother (Sissy Spacek) and retired sheriff father (Kris Kristofferson). A twist of fate sets them all on a collision course, hurtling this icy thriller to a shocking climax.

So, basically, it's one of those "stare into Olivia Wilde's eyes" movies.

Also, apparently, written by Olivia Wilde's eyes, too, because it has things like Eric Bana biting a guy through the sleeve of his heavy duty winter moccasin to get the upper hand in a fight. Which is really stupid like so --

Oh, excuse me. Olivia Wilde scene.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:39:55 AM by nacho »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #527 on: February 02, 2013, 12:04:08 PM »
Groundhog Day!

So time to repost this:

http://whatculture.com/film/just-how-many-days-does-bill-murray-really-spend-stuck-reliving-groundhog-day.php

A painstaking analysis of how many times Bill Murray repeated Groundhog Day. The estimate comes in at just under 34 years. Harold Ramis has said it was 10 years but, when those MIT kids a while back figured it to be 9 years, Ramis went back on his estimate and said 10 years wouldn't be enough time to learn all the things Bill Murray did. So I buy the link above more than any other... And really love the idea that he was trapped for 34 years. Jesus...

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #528 on: February 04, 2013, 08:19:16 AM »
The Lone Ranger Super Bowl spot. Those Pirates of the Caribbean movies are so darn fun, I can't imagine I'll miss this.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #529 on: February 04, 2013, 08:30:43 AM »
I found it horrifying. How dare they shit all over the Lone Ranger.

Of course...it's probably the only way to remake it for modern offices. But, then we get into the argument of why remake it?

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
« Reply #530 on: February 04, 2013, 08:53:18 AM »
then we get into the argument of why remake it?

Which is a redundant argument because the answer is always cash.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
So...Kickstarter brought Veronica Mars back from the dead, raising two million in a day. Geekdom is abuzz with how this is the new way to revive a series...though Whedon has already said he won't even think about touching Firefly again for another two years.

Either way...fans crowd-sourcing the revival of a show, and producing some sort of mandate, is interesting, yes? I think Veronica Mars is operating under a deal where if they raise X then Warner or whoever will respond and handle distro/marketing. So, essentially, you all make the movie/show and we'll pick it up.

This feels more exciting than the pipe dream (and ultimate sad failure) of the Netflix 2.0 revolution...

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
The internet is losing it's proverbial shit over the trailer for Ender's Game. I think it looks like ass. Is it me or them?

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
It is not beautiful.

I'm excited enough to see the story play out on the big screen that it could look like ass and I wouldn't care.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
It is not beautiful.

I'm excited enough to see the story play out on the big screen that it could look like ass and I wouldn't care.

I can't even imagine how they could do Ender's Game on film. I'll go just to see that. Is it possible? (No.)

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
I'm a Sofia Coppola nerd, so the Missus and I just got back from a screening of her latest The Bling Ring.

It's a portrait of vapidity and self indulgence in our celeb obsessed culture. RC says check it out.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:56:01 PM by RottingCorpse »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
I was hoping it was a hip hop spin-off of The Ring.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
If you are reading this in New York City, better stock up on bottled water and chain saws, because a Sharknado is coming. Syfy announced today that after the success of Sharknado, they have begun developing Sharknado 2 for 2014. They haven't announced whether it will be a prequel or a sequel, but there will definitely be a shark-filled tornado. Syfy knows a movie like this needs a perfect subtitle, so they are asking the fans for one. Just tweet @SyfyMovies using #Sharknado and you can name the movie. Here are a few to get your mind going: 2 Shark 2 Nado, Sharknado 2: SharkNATO, Sharknados Take Manhattan, Sharknado 2: Electric BoogaSharknado, Sharknado 2: Havana Sharknados, Sharknado 2: This Time It's Persharknal, I Still Know What You Did Last Sharknado.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Could have sworn there was a Kick-Ass thread... Anyway, here's the comic-con Kick-Ass 2 trailer:

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!