Author Topic: Not worth a thread: Silver Screen Edition (with downloadable supplement)  (Read 128140 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
I would disagree because the most recent season was perfect and hilarious.

However...

The movie doesn't seem to take that season into account. It's like this movie is actually 10 years too late as in it was written for the show as it was 10 years ago and not for the little bit of growing up they did last year.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
During the great outage of 2016, I saw Eye in the Sky. It was an enjoyable exploration of drone warfare and the global military checks and balances in place.

If you like military movies at all, you should check it out.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Will get that on my list! Also on my list is "All Things Must Pass," the doc about the rise and fall of Tower Records. Where's Nubbins when we need him?

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Did everybody see the new Jason Bourne trailer during the great blackout? At this point, these are all just the same movie I realize, but you have to admit it's one really great movie they keep remaking.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
They're all the same movie! Everytime I watch one I realize I've forgotten or confused half of the storyline with the others.

Also, is it weird that I liked the one with Renner best? I feel like that's one of those things I shouldn't say outside of GS...

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
I didn't like it the best, but I liked it a whole lot.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
So...I'm liking what I'm seeing!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
So they made Looks Who's Back into a movie.

It was a mistake. The book was kind of thrilling and daring and interesting and scary. The movie is too aware of the joke, and almost feels like it's embarrassed by the subject matter. Like "We made this comedy about Hitler -- isn't it awkward?"

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Are people who say "Independence Day: Resurgence is bad" the same people who say "This fire burns me every time I stick my hand in it"?

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
Are people who say "Independence Day: Resurgence is bad" the same people who say "This fire burns me every time I stick my hand in it"?

Seriously. I read a review headline that basically said, "Resurgence reminds us that Independence Day wasn't very good to begin with."

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
It is terrible... But...that's exactly what I expected! It never even crossed my mind that it would be worth anything. I figured everyone was tuning in simply for Goldblum one liners.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
ID2 high points: African Warlords have the only functional mothership, which was engaged in a whole sideplot that is VERY IMPORTANT to this movie but makes no sense in the context of the first movie.

On the "Moonbase" everyone is eating and drinking "Moon" products like "Moon Milk."

This is the Falling Skies plotline: An invasion was once thwarted in the past and now mama alien is coming on a quest of blind Khan-like revenge. Which is fine, but it just seems like a tremendous drain on resources, now that we know resources are an issue for the aliens.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
PS: ID2 implies that African Warlords who enslave child soldiers are noble heroes with deeply felt human sides that we should sympathize with.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
So I'm watching Money Monster -- the Clooney/Roberts bullshit. It's...fucking thrilling. It's great.