Author Topic: Personal Cancellation  (Read 24112 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Personal Cancellation
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 07:40:25 AM »
Okay, fine.  Giving up on Rescue Me... A good start, and then the same episode over and over again.  I can sit here and go:  Next scene is 20 minute moody Sheila rant.  And I'm right every time!

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »
One year later!  There is absolutely too much stuff on right now.  Let's crunch some numbers!

Shows I anticipate watching weekly for the next few months:

Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Community
30 Rock
The Office
QI
Eastbound and Down
Bored to Death
Modern Family
The League

Boardwalk Empire
Mad men (about 4 more episodes, I think)

9 half hour shows and two hour-longs, so 6 hours total per week.  And those are just the ones that are hard-wired favorites.  Shows "on the bubble" that I'm going to give a chance to:

Dexter--last season was terrific, but is going to be hard to follow-up.  The magazine ads I've seen make it seem like they're just going to play up on Dexter's guilt after Spoiler McSpoilerson Spoiled his hot spoil.  I'm gonna give it two episodes and if it doesn't deliver, then I'm going to have to CUT IT.   HAHA get it?

Walking Dead--only because it looks more of a grand western than a zombie freakout.  But it could also suck, as nacho has mentioned.

Detroit 187--another cop show...on network TV?  The promos go along the lines of "If you miss NYPD Blue and love Michael Imperioli, then this is a TV SHOW!"  Have to give it a try.

Raising Hope--watched the pilot last night and laughed out loud quite a bit. 

And a lot of people are trying to get me to get into Sons of Anarchy. 

Christ that's a lot of TV.  Maybe I'll put Bored to Death on the backup drive every week and just PALM SLAM it at the end of the season some Sunday morning.  That was fun for Parks and Rec.  But also a death sentence for The Pacific, which I just realized I never got around to.  Hmm.

Here are some definite cancellations:

Californication--even though I never paid that much attention. 
Family Guy
Silent Witness
Also about 2 episodes away from the finale of Spooks season 6...after that there's another switchover in the lead role.  I may drop that just out of exhaustion. 

Bleah.
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2010, 01:24:07 PM »
Ah.  Good to know on Raising Hope.  Will give that a chance.

Is Californication really coming back?  Jesus... I was tired of that two years ago.  And, yeah, I gave up on Spooks long ago.

On Dexter -- I'm worried about the guilt thing, as well.  This season's Big Bad is a nobody, and Julie Stiles is stepping in to fill the blonde lead as Dexter's new woman.  So...Yawn!

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2010, 01:41:45 PM »
but i like Julie Stiles!  I just wish Angel would die and Debra would get a face transplant. 

Detroit 187 is par for the course for a network ensemble cop show except they really gut punch you at the end with one really poetic line and a shock ending.  So that, Michael Imperioli, and a few genuinely funny tension-breaking moments earned another look next week.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
Debra has a face?

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »
it's that thing that seizes up like a sphincter whenever there's significant emotional stimulus and otherwise just looks like this >:-( even during "love scenes."

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »
I just notice her 12 year old boy fetish body.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
Okay! On the personal cancellation chopping block this week:

Castle.  I actually can't recall a single moment from any episode for the last year.  I'll give it one more episode and then nuke it.

House.  An atrocious season (the House season 7 thread in this same forum has more details).  If it doesn't start to turn around this week, then fuck it.  I still think the show jumped the shark years ago, but it's still been entertaining.  Now it's not even fun anymore.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2010, 04:12:17 PM »
Also, on Dexter -- What the fuck was up with the first episode?  The second episode opens up and the Feds are all, so, you have an ironclad alibi.  Thank you. BACK TO NORMAL! Ignore everything else that's happened!

The first episode might as well have been summertime webisodes or something.

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »
Dexter is going nowhere fast.  Absolutely none of it made any sense.  They're just filling up time with dead air, lost and foggy after their blowout full-season-length Jon Lithgow story arc.  Seriously, go back and watch episode two again and make a notation every time Dexter "narrates" something that means nothing.  And the insanely easy way he tracked down the new serial killer.  L said, "well, at least all the family are gone and we can focus on killing bad guys again." but I'm not even sure I want to see where this is going.  Angel is useless as usual, and Deb and Dickweed are the worst couple ever.  And the Community Relations Officer is solving all the crimes!  Ugh.  Complete fiasco if you ask me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 10:45:12 PM »
Yeah... I agree.  Though it's still better than what's happening with half the shows this season.

Oh -- and adding to personal cancellation:  If Hawaii 5-0 doesn't pick up with tonight's episode, then I give up.  It's not that it's bad... It's just too ridiculous for me.  Maybe, in 30 years, when the Monster Loony Party commands the Global Community, and we're all required to dress like Barbie princesses and sing everything we say while doing cartwheels to work, people will say that the new Hawaii 5-0 was "ahead of its time."

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »
Haha!  Oh, god.  Okay.  House gets a pass for another episode... But I just have to give up Hawaii 5-0. It's like a white noise machine held by a homicidal clown.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2010, 02:19:36 PM »
House is horrible and I hate it.  Even with semi-nude Cuddy.  Fuck you and your flowers, House.  I don't give a fuck if you're stealing them from patients to keep your edginess intact.  Fucking snort some Vicodin already.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »
Yeah.  It's really a terrible, terrible season.

I'm giving up on Castle, as well.  It feels like it was written by a seven year old.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
Oh, I traded Castle for A&E's The Glades.  It's definitely kind of a lateral move even though they're not really similar shows.  They feel similar to me for some reason, though.  It's equally as cheesy, but is far more entertaining.  Plus, I have a mega crush on Kiele Sanchez.
8=o tation