Author Topic: Politicstube  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
Re: Politicstube
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
I don't know if any of you guys caught the bailout hearings yesterday or not, but the coverage was fairly entertaining... everyone losing their shit because all the execs headed to D.C. in their private jets to beg for money.  $20,000 round trip per exec.

8=o tation

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 12:12:22 AM »
i'm so tired of this private jet story.  Huffington post has it under 5 different headlines.  if you are an international manufacturing company that has celebrities in your commercials, a private jet is not a budget-buster.  if you took every single CEO in america's list of what he charged to the company, you'd burst a dozen brain cells.  i'm not defending it, i'm just saying it happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME whether you're a big fish or not.  these "journalists" know this, but they just like putting fingers in people's eyes. 
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
Yeah, I understand all that, but it's symbolic.  Here we have these fat cats asking us for tax dollars to bail them out, meanwhile this financial "crisis" they're in hasn't gotten bad enough for them to give up all their luxuries.  They travel a lot, they're really important, they need these jets, blah, blah, blah... I understand... but it is not very confidence inspiring to see them roll into Washington on the national news to beg for money in the fashion they did.  It does not give me a good feeling about the money we're giving them. 

Again, the fact that a fleet of private jets is a drop in their overall budget bucket is insignificant to me.  What is significant is that they are on the brink of being completely bankrupt and they're spending $20,000 to fly their execs from Detroit to D.C. ... a flight that, for any of us, would cost $300.  To me, that is what is retarded about the private jets.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 03:00:59 PM »
I wouldn't feel good about giving them money if they crawled, legless, to Washington with a paper cup.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 03:42:27 PM »
Well, yeah... that's true as well.  Still, at least crawling legless lends to the idea that they're flat broke.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »
Well, yeah... that's true as well.  Still, at least crawling legless lends to the idea that they're flat broke.

But not flat busted!

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:09 PM »
Full circle, you betcha!!
8=o tation

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!