Author Topic: Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)  (Read 45343 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2015, 10:27:56 AM »
So Game of Thrones is now far away from anything the books could hope to achieve...and it is off the chain. The 15 minute battle sequence with the Army of the Dead was amazing.

The problem I see, now that the story is with the writer's room and not coming out of the books, is that ALL the zillions of little subplots are going to be pointless if the Army of the Dead goes on the march... And, after last night, it has to go on the march or else nothing will make sense. All these little loose ends with a dozen different characters will be moot the moment the apocalypse happens.

But maybe, ultimately, that'll be the greatest lesson of each storyline. Hubris, on the part of absolutely everyone, and how nothing they fought for all this time mattered.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »
Yes! Thank you, AV Club!

If you’re anything like most people discussing the show on social media, you basically lost your shit last night when the last 20 minutes of Game Of Thrones delivered one of the best zombie movies of the past decade.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2015, 01:05:16 PM »
Yes! Thank you, AV Club!

If you’re anything like most people discussing the show on social media, you basically lost your shit last night when the last 20 minutes of Game Of Thrones delivered one of the best zombie movies of the past decade.

Oh, man, I'm officially in the "haven't yet recovered from the end of Hardhome" club.

Only two more episodes left. Though, at this point, the show will have to spend those two episodes in slow-down mode to get everyone lined up for whatever the fuck they're going to do to us next season. We have so much shit to deal with -- the battle at Winterfell, EVERY character has been maneuvered into a tight spot, they need to deal with the dragon problem...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2015, 05:59:06 AM »
Episode nine is usually the freakout episode for this show... But this season it was a slow down episode. Of course, everything would be compared to the battle at Hardhome.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
I realize now, despite my initial reaction above, that episode 9 was not really a slow down episode. I keep thinking about Shireen's hideous death. It was a get under your skin moment...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2015, 11:55:25 PM »
Season finale reaction:

starwars!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2015, 10:42:45 AM »
So the big complaint -- and they're right -- is that the finale pulled a few punches. It was almost too cliffhangery (we had eight cliffhangers -- one of them literally!). In analyzing this, io9 points out that some of these cliffhangers are retconned cliffhangers that bring the show back in line with the books.

What's happened is that, despite reports to the contrary, the show made the choice to stay with the books. They did this by pulling their punch during the finale and giving us absurd loose ends that, now, GGRM can tie up...if he can get the next book out before April.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2015, 01:09:27 PM »
Let's all say goodbye to Nacho, kids.

A ‘Game of Thrones’ Risk Game Is Finally Here. An Exclusive Look

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/07/07/a-game-of-thrones-risk-game-is-finally-here-an-exclusive-look/

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »
Let's all say goodbye to Nacho, kids.

A ‘Game of Thrones’ Risk Game Is Finally Here. An Exclusive Look

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/07/07/a-game-of-thrones-risk-game-is-finally-here-an-exclusive-look/

Shit, that ain't nothing. There's an immersive GoT mod for Crusader Kings 2. I'm surprised I'm still posting and paying for this website instead of pooping in a sock and eating flies.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2016, 11:07:49 AM »
So we're about to go off the rails. This should be fun now.

Season six starts at the end of April and they swear that they're still on track with the books...except they've now run out of books. GRRM still hasn't even delivered the Winds of Winter to the publisher, which means we won't be seeing that book in 2016 or 2017.

Meanwhile, HBO no longer claims that this is the penultimate season and now says the show will get eight seasons.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2016, 08:40:32 AM »
Wheee...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2016, 08:46:13 AM »
So the next 6 weeks will be spent deconstructing that trailer. There's so much there... And is that Bran getting surprised by the Night's King? Holy shit!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »
The premiere delivered... Tits, weiners, death.

It feels like there's more at stake, really. Everyone's at their Empire Strikes Back low point now. Coupled with the idea that, after this season, there are only 13 episodes until the finale, I have the feeling it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2016, 02:27:58 PM »
Haha. Yep.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2016, 11:26:37 PM »
People keep talking about the "maturing" of Game of Thrones as we enter into the endgame here... And, yes, it's obvious at every turn.

The secret, of course, is that they have nothing to worry about. They've presented their plan -- this season, then two seasons splitting a final 13 episodes. HBO has approved it, and there's nothing to worry about. There's nothing to do but hunker down and tell the story.

Episode two of this season and they're clearing the board.They're wiping out all the pieces and they're getting down to the grudge death match. It'll take till late 2018, but it's going to be finale country from now till then. And it's going to be insane.