Author Topic: Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)  (Read 44256 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 10:27:33 PM »
True Blood pulled that same trick with introducing characters from later books early. The use the source material as a guide rather than canon. It pisses Missus RC off to no end, but I'm fine with it.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
Game of Thrones isn't doing anything early. The plan is a book a season (and two seasons for the third book) according to the showrunner... As if HBO will ever air an expensive series past a second season.

It's easier to be loyal to the Martin books, though, because you can trim about 90% of that crap and nobody will know any better. Joffrey chapter = a one minute "he's an asshole" scene.

They cast everyone very well. You want to strangle Joffrey before he even speaks.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 01:49:12 PM »
Episode four -- reviewed!

:sleepy1:

But, hey, that's okay. That's where we're at in the story. The doldrums of the middle chapters of the first book. So I'm not angry or let down or bored. It's just a "watch with Google Reader on the other screen" episode. Like most of TV.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 09:39:22 PM »
I like how HBO is all "the pirates can't get us!" when they talked about airing next Sunday's episode on HBO Go.

Of course, it was up for download Monday morning.

So... Finally getting around to it. Sexy!

Now that we're getting into the final episodes, the show has ramped up into awesome. I don't mind the slow pace of the earlier episodes...we have a huge cast that needs to be properly fleshed out. A stage to set.

It's going to be insane come the finale. Season one is the first book...which ended with the sort of cliffhanger that made you throw the book against the wall.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »
The official airing of episode seven. I'm going to watch it again because whoever ripped the HBO Go version last week kept bumping his mouse or something so the arrow and the HBO Go status bar kept popping up and it was just not perfect enough! Not Perfect Enough, by Nacho Sasha.

Also, I think I got a wedding-related blood clot in my brain last night around 1am, so I'm not capable of doing much today except making pancakes and wondering whether or not I should open this $150 bottle of wine I stole. (Answer: yes.)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 01:52:25 PM »
Wow...and the show's been ruined by my download site! Mainly by the guy who made up lyrics for the theme song:

Hey you
you need to watch
Game
Game of Thrones...

Now it's all I can hear when the titles are playing.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »
Okay, what's going to happen here is that the first season will have to be re-watched back to back. Though things are heating up nicely. I dread the cliffhanger and the year wait for season two, though.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2011, 10:24:24 PM »
Penultimate episode tonight, and the conclusion (which should be a fuck-you-for-a-year cliffhanger) next Sunday. Then I'll do my gonzo back-to-back rewatch the following Sunday and rant about how shows should not have cliffhangers if they're going to make us wait longer than four months because the cliffhanger is designed for a very different era and people lose interest in the suspense of it if they have to wait 12-15 months.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2011, 12:45:35 AM »
Wow. And so passes Sean Bean.

Some significant changes (all improvements) from the book.

So, next week, the Battle of King's Landing! This episode was drenched in blood, so next week should be wild times.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »
In a weird way, this sort of sums up Game of Thrones. A ten minute loop of Tyrion slapping Joffrey set to Zeppelin.

It's all the rage online these last couple days. For some, there's a sort of zen to it. For others, it's cathartic, because Joffrey's a cunt.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 01:24:47 AM »
They saved the crazy fantasy (dragons) for the final scene. And it was awesome. Really a nicely done finale.

Now we get to wait for 10 months for season two!

They told us not to worry, though, with the constant commercials and ads for True Blood next Sunday.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »
HBO swears it won't cancel Game of Thrones, that Game of Thrones will not see a similar fate to Deadwood, and that they are "very aware of and respectful of" the relationship fans have to the series. "We told George [R.R. Martin] we'd go as long as he kept writing," HBO co-president Richard Pleper said at a TCA panel yesterday. "I can promise you that we won't stop it before it's ready to stop," agreed Michael Lombardo, HBO's programming president. The execs said that Thrones will stick with ten episodes per season ("there is no way they could physically do more than 10," Lombardo says), but that subsequent seasons didn't necessarily have to cover an entire book, which could make adapting, say, the later books a bit easier. It's not hugely shocking that HBO would vow to stand by its new hit show, but GoT's television fate isn't completely clear cut: "I don't know where the show ends as opposed to the books," Lombardo admits, and for a show that's been so faithful to its source material, that could be an issue come season six or so.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »
Translated, those Michael Lombardo quotes read, "Holy fuck, this show is expensive to produce!!"

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2011, 06:23:49 PM »
I love how HBO pours money into a gala event and then freaks out when they get the bill...again and again and again. Where was this loyalty with Rome? (Well, they did also talk the same talk during the first year, discussing the five year roadmap and so on...)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2011, 06:25:39 PM »
Scy-Fy does the same damn thing. Remember BSG?