Author Topic: Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)  (Read 44709 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »
Dude...we've all been waiting four years to see Lena Headey naked.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2014, 05:30:40 PM »
I was just struck by the weird combination of mediaeval fantasy being flamed in a church and there being a public debate about nudity and was struck by how strange the reality we live in truly is.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2014, 06:39:44 PM »
Fucking Croatia.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2014, 11:31:09 AM »
No doubt because Lena Headey went to the offices and started punching people out, she is now allowed to be naked in a Croatian church.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2015, 07:54:29 PM »
Oh yes...

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2015, 08:50:06 PM »
Ah, I can't wait for this season. One of my best friends and old house mate - of 5 years - has a role as one of the King's Guards.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2015, 09:38:20 AM »
Ah, I can't wait for this season. One of my best friends and old house mate - of 5 years - has a role as one of the King's Guards.

He'll die horribly, looks like.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2015, 09:42:59 AM »

He'll die horribly, looks like.

Haha. I hope so!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2015, 04:49:06 PM »
Yes, please!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »
So, anyway...as I study that trailer... We're now outside of the books, for sure. Dark Sansa is back at Winterfell... Which means she gets revenge on the Boltons and Freys. Maybe they're going to hand some Lady Stoneheart stuff over to her as well? The Brotherhood has sort of been forgotten (a dead-end storyline when they decided to not do Stoneheart?).

Either way, getting at least a small measure of revenge on the Boltons and Freys is probably the primary reason for watching season 5.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2015, 01:26:27 PM »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »
Man, the premier was awesome. And half the season leaked, so I went crazy and watched the next five episodes in a row. Satisfying.

So far, it's a bit of a slow down season. The first few episodes are all dealing with the fact that the entire cast died or utterly and irrevocably changed their lives in the last 10 minutes of the finale.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2015, 10:28:02 AM »
What's amazing about this season so far is that it's a slow-down season. We're clearing the board of characters -- rather brutally -- but, otherwise, the first five episodes have been all about setting up the chessboard -- and, very cautiously, easing us out of the universe of the unfinished books and into the universe according to the show.

It looks like they're going to spend the entire season getting everyone where they need to be in order to orchestrate a battle fucking royale like we've never seen.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
It's taken this show five years to build up the confidence to finally shoot the inevitable scene where a major player and fan favorite was brutally raped.

Weirdly, with this show, that rape scene was the equivalent of two major characters getting married in a sitcom. Like when Niles and Daphne got together in Frasier. All of a sudden the tension and (in the latter case, the comedy) comes to an end. Now the character has completed her trail by fire and it feels like everything that happens now is on the downward side of the roller coaster.

But, then, that might be intentional here. The showrunners want to bring the story to a close in the next few seasons... And everyone has been so carefully maneuvered into place this season for a massive blowout. Next season -- winter will have finally arrived, the chessboard will be cleared, and all the politics of power will be drastically different.

But can the show handle that now that they don't have the books as their framework? By the end of this season, everything is fair game. We switch from stealing from extant work to whatever the writer's room can concoct.