Author Topic: Football 2008 - College & NFL  (Read 36412 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: Football 2008 - College & NFL
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2009, 10:03:29 AM »
Wasted money. Mark my words.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2009, 10:08:50 AM »
Haynesworth will be good, but Hall....yea that's a waste of money.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2009, 10:38:10 AM »
Haynesworth is a huge risk.  But at least they are addressing one of the lines....

Hall, meh, I'm fine with that.  It's risky too, in case he goes into freakout mode, but at least he performed here last season.  It's also his childhood team, for what that's worth.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
You think Haynesworth is a risk?  Why?  The only problem I see is him falling back onto his old ways of fighting if he doesn't have Jeff "Adolf" Fisher around.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2009, 11:14:16 AM »
DeAngelo Hall was a nightmare when he was a Falcon.  It was like the Atlanta had it's own little T.O. for a little bit.
8=o tation

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »
Haynesworth is a risk because you're paying one person so much money.  I'd rather see them sign 3-5 linemen on both offensive and defensive line with all that money.  Injury...lack of performance...freak car accident...any little thing can sideline him.  It reminds me too much of the Deion Sanders-Jeff George-Dana Stubblefield-Danny-Snyder-buys-a-team-of-stars scenario.

And yes, Nubbins, I worry about that scenario with Hall.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2009, 12:13:11 PM »
You dump all that money into Haynesworth and Hall, TWO PLAYERS, instead of spreading it around the O and D lines where it's desperately needed. Now if Hall pulls a Tom Brady in week 2 and Haynesworth pulls a Plaxico is Week 3, you're right back where you started from only about $137 million poorer.

Fucking draft well. That's why the Steelers and Patriots are ridiculously dominant.

Don;t get me wrong, Haynesworth is an awesome player, but if he gets injured where are you?

Hall I'm more torn about because Sean Springs was old and injury prone. That said, Hall didn't impress me all that much last season. (Okay that's not entirely true. He had a couple of amazing plays.) The other corner is Carlos Rogers who has dropped dozens of balls that could have been game changing interceptions.

Fire Dan Snyder.

Offline Disco Dust

• Tourista
  • Putting the lotion in the basket
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »
Cassell to KC is an interesting move. I thought he would be a Lion and not a Chief, and also that NE would get much more in return for him.

Under a younger Joe Gibbs the Redskins had just the perfect mix of hardworking overachievers (e.g. Kaufman, Coleman, Jordan, Jacoby...), and just enough studs (e.g. D. Green, Manley, Monk), but that has been missing ever since his first departure. Interesting to see if Haynesworth and any other high-priced additions for next season can bring about the right chemistry to the squad.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2009, 03:15:40 PM »
So, I've been following the missing boaters/NFL players story with a morbid, horrified fascination. I really hope they find  those guys alive, but three days in the water man . . . . I don't know.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2009, 03:17:43 PM »
Seriously... I can't believe they found one guy.  The only promising thing is that he said they all had life jackets on, so maybe they're still floating around out there somewhere... also, they're in shape... seems like maybe that would help them survive a bit longer than the average shmo.
8=o tation

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
8=o tation

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2009, 11:16:59 AM »
Nice.

T.O. has been let go by the Cowboys. You think the Falcons want him?

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »
Fuck... I sorta hope not.  I mean, I guess the guy has probably learned his lesson or whatever, but we were so much better than anyone expected last year that I'd hate to see that chemistry get fucked up by T.O. in any way.  My gut says we're better off without him.
8=o tation

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2009, 10:36:02 AM »
I am very thankful that the Redskins have spent all their money already...

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2009, 12:49:47 PM »
Terrell Owens is still technically the property of the Dallas Cowboys, so it would be against league rules for other teams to go on record as saying they are or aren't interesting in acquiring his services (though that hasn't stopped the Redskins).

ProFootballTalk.com, though, is keeping a list of teams that have made it known to them through "league sources" that they have no interest in Owens. As of right now, that list includes:

The Dallas Cowboys.
The New York Giants.
The Washington Redskins.
The Baltimore Ravens.
The San Francisco 49ers.
The Minnesota Vikings.
The Atlanta Falcons.
The Cleveland Browns.
The San Diego Chargers.
The Philadelphia Eagles.
The New York Jets.
The Tennessee Titans.
The St. Louis Rams.
The New Orleans Saints.
The Houston Texans.
The Jacksonville Jaguars.

And the Eagles and Dolphins are listed as teams that are expected to join the list soon. Donovan McNabb and Bill Parcells are the president and vice president of the "Terrell Owens Deserves a Giant Wedgie Club."

But there are no real surprises there, except maybe a couple of mild ones. The Redskins are always worth mentioning whenever an expensive free agent is available, and the Vikings wanted T.J. Houshmandzadeh badly, but whiffed. I guess they're only in the market for sane receivers.

I am big Cowboys fan as well as the Ravens...but man am I glad he is gone.