Author Topic: iPhone 3Gee!  (Read 31317 times)

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
Re: iPhone 3Gee!
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2012, 01:24:23 AM »
Beautiful. I'm using that next time I'm cruzin' for chicks.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
"Hey baby. I've got a whole galaxy in my pocket. Come and take a voyage on my space rocket."

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »
God, I love that girl. She's sexier in the antipope video, I think. Like an antelope.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2012, 10:27:15 AM »
Well... Nearly made the Apple jump this weekend... But the Droid 4 was free with all the various deals being thrown at me. And my bill is ten bucks less, thanks to those same deals. Memorial Day: It's what's for breakfast.

I'm a Luddite who needs a slide-out keyboard and thinks Wordfeud is dazzlingly high-tech, so it's not really like I would appreciate an iPhone anyway.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
I miss a keyboard actually.

And knowing what I know now, I may switch mack to a Blackberry/keyboarded thing next time out. Email is still my lifeblood and it's hard to write long ones on the iPhone.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2012, 02:07:01 PM »
Oh-ho! How the mighty iPhone falls.

That also influenced my decision... I've been really happy with my Droid. I got it for the same purpose: Get to my email whenever it's blocked here at work, or I'm on the road. Everything else is gravy. The slideout keyboard is lovely, it's been durable through my usual levels of extreme gadget abuse, and all the basic level stuff has come in handy. No complaints with Droid 1, so why jump ship?

Also, Motorola uses fewer slaves so I know that only three children died to make my Droid versus the five children who were ground to a pulp making an iPhone.

I'm actually disgusted by the whole thing. More and more people I know have "downgraded" to a normal old cell phone. They get them for free these days, the bill is a third of what I pay. Text and voice only. Back to basics. And they're all very happy with the decision.

I use the publishing to justify it (and it has repeatedly been necessary), but, man, if I ever downgrade my life...the fucking smartphone is the first to go.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
If I think about how much important email I really miss, I realize I don't need anything but a cheap phone.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2012, 04:53:52 PM »
I'd say that about my shit...but publishing is like running a monkey house, and I'm managing two separate companies. I get fucking RED ALERT emails three times a day every day. Sometimes I get so many I just give up and put the phone away. Like whatever the fuck shit is going on today with the goddamned epub conversion. I don't know. I give up. The phone's in my backpack and I'm just going to watch Double Rainbow remixes on Youtube.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2012, 02:25:26 PM »
Holy crap. This 4g isn't fooling around.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2012, 09:46:04 PM »
Isn't it dreamy?

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2012, 11:56:09 PM »
4 gays?
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2012, 01:24:52 AM »
If this is 4 gays, I'll never go back!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
Hi. Per the above posts, I feel the need to praise 4G again.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
Still smokin' hot!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »
Hi iPhone people! This comes on the heels of a news story denying that these workers are there under guard, and forced to work (bold is mine).

Foxconn plant in China closes after workers’ brawl

By Hayley Tsukayama, Monday, September 24, 9:09 AM

Foxconn, which applies and assembles electronics for several top electronics companies, has closed down one of its plants after a fight broke out in a company dormitory in the northern Chinese city of Taiyuan.

According to the Associated Press, it’s not clear what started the fight, but as many as 2,000 workers may have been involved. About 40 people were taken to the hospital, according to reports from the AP and state-run Chinese news sources.

Xinhua News Agency reported that the fight broke out when workers from the Shandong province fought with those from the Henan province.

The state-run news service said that as many as 5,000 police were dispatched to the fight, and had it under control by 9 a.m. The plant will be closed Monday and could reopen as early as Tuesday, the AP reported.

But there are also reports that workers were fighting with factory guards. Reuters reported that people posted messages on a Chinese micro-blogging site alleging that factory guards had beaten one or more workers, but that the reports could not be independently confirmed.

Foxconn did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

It’s not yet known which products made by Foxconn are manufactured at the Taiyuan plant. Foxconn makes Apple iPad and iPhones, as well as products for companies such as Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard.

The company’s troubled labor history is well-known, and has come to light more and more as Apple’s iPhones and iPads have gained popularity.

There was a string of worker suicides at the company’s plant in Shenzhen in 2010, prompting the company to install anti-suicide nets around its building. The incidents brought the company into the spotlight of public scrutiny and Apple asked for an independent suicide prevention review. In May 2011, an explosion at the company’s plant in Chengdu killed three people and injured 16.

In January 2012, Apple released its own audit of worker conditions across its entire supply chain, including Foxconn plants, finding labor and environmental violations. Apple also joined the Fair Labor Association, which ran its own independent audits of three Foxconn facilities. The FLA found that over one-half of the employees at Foxconn’s assembly plants exceeded the company’s 60 hour-per-week work limit.

Foxconn most recently faced criticism when reports surfaced that it was forcing vocational workers to make iPhones to meet demands for Apple’s newest smartphone. Foxconn denied those claims, saying that workers at the plant through school programs were allowed to leave at any time.