Children of the Sun > Games

Going Retro

<< < (3/7) > >>

nacho:

--- Quote from: monkey! on May 20, 2014, 10:43:25 AM ---It gets decent but not great reviews, an unremarkable shooter with fun story telling.

--- End quote ---

Oh... Hi Steam sale! And unexpected hand-sold book purchases via the Square store to pay for it... And my extra $10 off so it's now only $20 of funny money that I write off on taxes.

Wolfenstein purchased!

I must admit that I consider this purchase simply as a Brand Loyalty thing, considering that you could easily argue that the first third of my life was spent playing Wolfenstein 3D.

nacho:
Haha... At 14mbs, it still has two hours to go before it's done downloading!

So 3D is, like, 3 megs, right?

monkey!:
Most next-gen games are now around 30-50gbs. It's all those texture files and high quality audio.

nacho:

--- Quote from: nacho on November 06, 2014, 07:51:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: monkey! on May 20, 2014, 10:43:25 AM ---It gets decent but not great reviews, an unremarkable shooter with fun story telling.

--- End quote ---

Oh... Hi Steam sale! And unexpected hand-sold book purchases via the Square store to pay for it... And my extra $10 off so it's now only $20 of funny money that I write off on taxes.

Wolfenstein purchased!

I must admit that I consider this purchase simply as a Brand Loyalty thing, considering that you could easily argue that the first third of my life was spent playing Wolfenstein 3D.

--- End quote ---

And it's fucking awesome. It's like a Choose Your Own Adventure movie.

Tatertots:
Playing Wolfenstein 3D on my phone back when it came out for iOS was the moment I realized that I'm a full generation away from my childhood:

1) I have a supercomputer in my pocket that is connected at all times to the entire world's knowledge and, AND, it plays the game I was obsessed with as a kid. In my pocket.
2) Within a few minutes I was bored with the game that I literally dreamed about playing as a kid. Something happened in the intervening 20 years, eh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version