Author Topic: Bones & NCIS  (Read 6322 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Bones & NCIS
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »
I love how Bones pulled their cliffhanger punch in the same season!  The final episode is two weeks after the freakout shootout and seems to be starting the new season.  Weird, and kind of a letdown.

And the actual OMG season finale punch is really lame and stupid and goes against what little characterization there was these last three years for the second tier guy in question.  Nor did it make any kind of sense related to the entire, multi-season arc they were closing. 

That finale turned me off of the show...

Amen brother.  That was without a doubt the dumbest season finale I have ever seen.  I mean he is able to fight someone and kick ass two weeks after a freaking chest wound.  Painful....just painful.

Well, watched the 90 minute season four opener of Bones.  Though I'd give the show a second chance.  It is unwatchable nonsense.  They're in London and they get caught up in investigating two murders.  The English-American jokes are circa 1980's idiot TV and don't make sense, and all the subplot stuff is ridiculous.  Like Angela's husband just showing up at the super secure office and wandering around while they angst on and on about her divorce. 

I didn't make it through the whole thing.  Turned it off with 15 minutes to go and cheerfully deleted the file.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 10:33:02 PM »
Season six of NCIS last night!  Watching it now.  Opening scene reaction:  Seriously, can I please spend just one night with Cote de Pablo?  That's all I ask.

Awesome opening episode all around.  And thank god they're not pulling a House with the crew.  I was worried with the cliffhanger last season.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 10:15:07 PM »
So episode two of NCIS is yet another stretch to get Tony back on the team.  But, still, entertaining. 

Now we can get back to normal episodes.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »
Okay, last nights Bones was the tipping point for me.  Dreadful, absolutely dreadful.  Of course the Troll thinks it was the best show.  Honestly, I'm beginning to question his sanity.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 02:24:14 PM »
About time.  I don't know how you've made it this far.  I'm still steamed about last season's finale and this year's pilot.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 02:28:05 PM »
Well, the Troll really likes it, but if it wasn't for him I would have burned my TV and DVR last night. 

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »
Did you catch the last episode of NCIS?  Great episode! 

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07:16 AM »
They're always great episodes.  Again, another show that is really tiring if you just go based on the storylines... But the entire cast is amazing, so you're glad to watch and enjoy every moment.  And since they've given up on any basis of reality where Gibbs and his job parameters are concerned -- even better.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 11:15:05 AM »
That's true of any show that has gone past two seasons.  Because let's face it, after that all storylines repeat.  Some variety to be sure, but basic premises are all still the same. 

But that scene with Ziva and the two gangbangers was awesome.  Don't even have to see her kicking their ass, it's just understood.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »
Yeah, that was a nice scene.  Have I mentioned my somewhat blind and obsessive attraction to Ziva?  ArAGAgaa.....sd.g

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 09:24:46 PM »
I really hope the retarded hi-tech NCIS spinoff doesn't replace the original...

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 09:42:07 AM »
NCIS is one of CBS's highest rated shows.  It's not going anywhere.  They are just launching the spin off for next season.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 10:06:35 AM »
I hate everyone in the spin-off.  I cheered when emo-spy got machine gunned.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 12:01:10 PM »
Really?  I liked it.  And I want to see Chris O'donnell get more work.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 10:02:19 AM »
I hate everyone in the spin-off.  I cheered when emo-spy got machine gunned.

"emo-spy" didn't die

NCIS: LOS ANGELES is a drama about the high stakes world of undercover surveillance at the Office of Special Projects (OSP), a division of NCIS that is charged with apprehending dangerous and elusive criminals that pose a threat to the nation’s security.  By assuming false identities and utilizing the most advanced technology, this team of highly trained agents goes deep undercover, putting their lives on the line in the field to bring down their targets.  Special Agent “G” Callen (Chris O’Donnell) is a chameleon who transforms himself into whomever he needs to be to infiltrate the criminal underworld.  His partner is Special Agent Sam Hanna (LL COOL J), a former U.S. Navy SEAL who has seen action in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and a surveillance expert who uses state of the art monitoring equipment to look out for those in the field and feed them crucial information.  Both Callen and Hanna report to Special Agent Lara Macy (Louise Lombard), the OSP team leader responsible for directing the operations and making life-or-death decisions.  Assisting the team is Special Agent Kensi Lo (Daniela Ruah), the exceptionally bright daughter of a slain Marine who lives for the adrenalin rush that comes with undercover work, and Operational Psychologist Nate Getz (Peter Cambor), adept at getting into anybody’s head, profiling the target and monitoring agents’ states of mind before, during and after missions.  Armed with the latest in high tech gear and sent regularly into life-threatening situations, this tight-knit team relies on each other to do what is necessary to protect national interests.  Shane Brennan (”NCIS”) is the executive producer for CBS Television Studios.