Author Topic: Blake's 7  (Read 9396 times)

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
Re: Blake's 7
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 07:17:09 PM »
Except that we know they'll change the ending.

Which would be the greatest crime in TV history.

As long as the network makes a profit.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »
Wait...what?

A remake of the classic British dystopian space opera Blake's 7 has been in the pipeline for quite some time at Syfy but now apparently it's going to be on your Xbox game console instead.

As part of Microsoft's push to develop original XBox One video content, the software company is financing "development and production" of the Blake's 7 reboot, although the Redmond, WA giant hasn't yet committed to a full season. C asino Royale/Green Lantern director Martin Campbell is still directing the pilot. This is all according to unnamed sources, of course, so take it with a grain of salt.

This means Blake's 7 will potentially be joining the new Halo TV show as Xbox-only television programming. Could your Xbox be a better source of space action than any of the cable or broadcast channels soon? [FT]

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 10:34:03 PM »
They're going to ruin it for all of us.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »
There is no way they can modernize B7. A slow-moving character study from the POV of a sociopath who allows main characters to die while on a vague personal journey that's either one of vengeance or, perhaps, fueled simply by a fear of boredom, or, maybe, is a sort of revelation/renewal saga, except we'll never know because the entire cast is slaughtered largely due to a misunderstanding and the fact that Avon was right about Blake all along and it was Blake who was the naive sociopathic headcase.

They sort of redid it with Farscape but, even then, while some daring sci-fi, there was no way to capture the weird dichotomy of likable and unlikable that Avon always had. I think Avon is the only true antihero I've seen on TV. No punches pulled. He is the strict definition of an antihero. That's actually very hard to do, in terms of maintaining a narrative for four seasons. They should show B7 in film school!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2014, 11:03:58 AM »
Sexy...

The British space opera TV series Blake's 7 has never gotten the props it deserves, in part due to dodgy special effects. But the show's influence on genre television and storytelling in general cannot be understimated. And now, you can watch a massive documentary on its genesis.

Kevin Jon Davies created a four-part documentary on the making of Blake's 7 for the DVDs, which came out in the U.K. a dozen years ago. (And have never been released in the United States, to our endless outrage.) But for some reason, the documentaries (one for each season) were left off the DVDs. Now you can see them for the first time on Youtube.

Above is the featurette about season one, and below are the ones for seasons two and three. The season four documentary isn't up yet but keep checking Davies' Youtube page for it to be addedkeep checking Davies' Youtube page for it to be added.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2014, 10:15:11 AM »
HOLY SHIT! Concept art for the new Liberator! (And production has begun!)