Author Topic: Blake's 7  (Read 9394 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Blake's 7
« on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:39 PM »
I think BBC producers have dircet access to Nacho's brain.

Quote from: Hollywood Reporter
Sky One to revive 'Blake's Seven'

April 24, 2008

LONDON ? Hoping to cash in on the success of classic sci-fi revamps such as the BBC's "Doctor Who" and "Battlestar Galactica," Sky One is planning to remake cult eighties space series "Blake's Seven."

Sky has commissioned two 60-minute scripts with the intention of creating a new sci-fi series of the hugely popular show, which followed the intergalactic tales of a small band of rebel fighters struggling to evade the dark forces of the Federation.

Memorable for its cardboard sets and leather-clad arch villainess Servalan, the show was the creation of sci-fi legend Terry Nation, himself responsible for Doctor Who's arch nemesis the Daleks.

Sky One commissioning editor Elaine Pike said "Seven" was "ripe" for a revival, which will be jointly exec-produced by Andrew Mark Sewell at B7 Productions. Most recently the show was released as a successful series of audio books starring a modern cast including "This Life" star Daniela Nardini.

Revamped television formats have proved a huge success in the U.K., with a re-working of "Doctor Who" also generating original spin-off "Torchwood." But the cultural politics of revamps can be tricky, says Sky One head of programs Richard Woolfe, who two years ago abandoned much-trumpeted plans to remake "The Prisoner."

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Blake's 7
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:16:52 PM »
They'll never match the first one -- where Blake left the show after the second season and the ever-revolving cast died in horrible ways.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 12:43:47 PM »
Started watching Blake's 7.

First two episodes. Great.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 12:53:39 PM »
Wait...the new one is out already?

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »
No, the old one.

I'm retro.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »
Oh, nice.  The old one rocks.  Keep watching, because it just gets meaner and meaner.  Phase one is Blake and the fight for freedom, and then the show just decides to hate you.  By the last season, killing main characters is hilariously casual.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 11:37:11 AM »
They now have the special ship and have just escaped from Brian Blessed.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 12:02:58 PM »
Oh, so very early on.  Zen is loads of fun.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/08/cher-catwoman-b.html

It's a big week for fans who enjoy British sci-fi of the not-so-distant past. While Doctor Who rests and awaits its big Christmas special, Blake's 7 and Red Dwarf are snagging some headlines.

It was a Bank Holiday Monday in the U.K., and the BBC's Radio 7 dedicated a chunk of its broadcasting day to celebrate Blake's 7 with a three-hour special. With both archived and new audio productions, the stories should prime fans for the new production set to bring the show back to 21st century TVs. Anyone who missed the Blake block can catch up with the crew of the Liberator on Radio 7's Listen Again feature.

Meanwhile, eyewitness reports say Robert Llewellyn (android Kryton, above) told a Seattle PBS audience that the BBC would produce a Red Dwarf special in October -- perhaps for a Christmas broadcast. Fans and TV reporters will be searching for confirmation frantically until an official announcement arrives.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »
Fuck, I hate characters like "Carrie."

Stupid, hippie whore.

"I'm feeling much better now, release me please, Carrie. Thanks. Now I'll kill you."

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 06:36:01 PM »
Do you mean Cally?  Yeah, she's the weakest one.  Which is why it's so funny when she has that weird off screen death and...Avon doesn't care.

God, I love Avon.  Best character in sci fi.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 07:18:01 PM »
Avon is a great character.

Weird off screen death. Excellent.

I hate Cally.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 07:30:15 PM »
The good thing about Blake's 7 -- everyone dies.  Horribly.  Well, except for Servalan.  Evil triumphs!  God, what a great show.  I hope they keep that in the new series -- nobody safe from sudden, horrible death. 

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 07:33:34 PM »
Like hell they will.

They'll all be shiny jocks who attend YMCI and Tabernacle.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 08:02:46 PM »
They certainly did that with Survivors (which also enjoyed the anyone can die theme in the original).