Author Topic: Attention GS Girls  (Read 7439 times)

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
Re: Attention GS Girls
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 01:35:04 AM »
Nacho doesn't go out on dates, he goes out killing.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »
I got used to not dating during the pain years.  And I've found it strangely liberating, so I'm continuing the tradition.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 12:59:02 PM »
About the desperate thing...What I'm saying is that I'm not the kind of desperate where I feel the only way I can get some is to go on the internet for it. Plus, I'm not into one night stands or just hooking up with somebody I hardly know. I thought you were implying that I was a slut and honestly, I'm very far from that. If I misinterpreted  what you said, I apologize, but that's how it came across as.

Apology accepted.

Offline saintangelsin

• Minty fresh
    • I've been on myspace for way too long
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »
I got used to not dating during the pain years.  And I've found it strangely liberating, so I'm continuing the tradition.

That is understandable. Dating seems overrated from what I've heard from my friends and it at least seems like it is. I haven't ever dated anyone, so I'm only going by stories and the attitudes of friends.

I just have to laugh because I took this class at University of Maryland called "Dating and Relationships" which is FMST (family studies) 260. It wasn't a waste of time at all actually. I took it because I felt that there was something I could learn about relationships. I had wishful thinking at that time obviously. I also took it because I was tired of people telling me how naive and inexperienced I was.  So yeah, I learned a lot about relationships and how they fail. Most of the time shit fails because of a lack in communication. Funny thing is I never learned how to actually start and end relationships. (Even better is if they would've taught how to get asked out...)

I feel silly that I took it because:

a. My singleness is about to turn 8 years old (I sorta had a boyfriend when I was in high school)

b. I still get called inexperienced even though I've tried, have been rejected (too many times), and have even somehow got some (while that should've been a real relationship, it wasn't. my friend's a train wreck and things happened but have now stopped).

c. Among peers and various friends, people have asked me for relationship advice (here's the irony) my advice has actually worked for people. So while I'm accused of not knowing what I'm talking about or I get rejected for some stupid reason, I strangely know what on earth I'm talking about.

But yeah despite lack of actually dating, it all just seems overrated. While a boyfriend would be nice someday, I'm not holding my breath at all. (I just realize how bitter I sound...eeek)

About the desperate thing...What I'm saying is that I'm not the kind of desperate where I feel the only way I can get some is to go on the internet for it. Plus, I'm not into one night stands or just hooking up with somebody I hardly know. I thought you were implying that I was a slut and honestly, I'm very far from that. If I misinterpreted  what you said, I apologize, but that's how it came across as.

Apology accepted.

Thank you. Glad I could clear that up a bit.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 07:04:59 PM »
So when people call you naive and inexperienced now, do you say, "Hey, I took FMST 260, motherfucker!" and then not explain what it is?

And what happens when you meet the person who took FMST 301: How to have abusive, dead-end relationships with a series of cocktail waitresses?

(I got a B- in that class because I kept falling in love with the cocktail waitresses.)

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »
The "lack of communication" bit is common bullshit. Lack of communication is one of the effects of the underlying problem in a relationship. Of course, it's easier for people to say "oh, that's because you don't communicate enough" instead of looking for an underlying reason like "your interests are completely different" or "he's a self-interested dick".

Hell, the problem in some of my relationships has been too much communication. Girls are crazy.

Offline saintangelsin

• Minty fresh
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 07:37:45 PM »
So when people call you naive and inexperienced now, do you say, "Hey, I took FMST 260, motherfucker!" and then not explain what it is?

And what happens when you meet the person who took FMST 301: How to have abusive, dead-end relationships with a series of cocktail waitresses?

(I got a B- in that class because I kept falling in love with the cocktail waitresses.)

Well, I should start doing that! It would be quite funny. I think Family studies is now called family sciences, which is weird. Regardless, I will have fun messing with people for now on. I should also mention that I got a B+ in that class.

As for meeting dudes who took FMST 301, I'm not sure how to handle that. I'm all about being in the moment, so when I do, I shall let you know. Shame you got a B-. You should've realized that what most people think is falling in love is really just infatuation.

On a side note, I checked Testudo (www.testudo.umd.edu) to see if there is actually a 301 class, but there isn't. 302, however, is offered and apparently it's research methods for the family studies major.

The "lack of communication" bit is common bullshit. Lack of communication is one of the effects of the underlying problem in a relationship. Of course, it's easier for people to say "oh, that's because you don't communicate enough" instead of looking for an underlying reason like "your interests are completely different" or "he's a self-interested dick".

Hell, the problem in some of my relationships has been too much communication. Girls are crazy.

When I say communication problems, that also includes listening. I should've been more specific. While taking the class, I started noticing why my parents can't stand each other a lot. It's because they don't listen (objectively) to each other and they tend to get passive aggressive. I hope that's a good example as to what I'm refering towards.

Also, there are differences between genders about how they say things and most people are blind about that. No surprise there. I'll admit it, I too am terrible at reading people. It's a skill that takes time.

And you're right a lot of people swim in denial about not being compatable or whatever. I also think (this is when it comes to marriages...I had to read a book about marriages) people just give up to easily without seeking alternatives in terms of counceling.

In terms of too much communication, I'm guessing you said something and it made the girl really upset and freak out on you, obviously she wasn't your type. Girls can be psycho, but then again so can guys. I've heard so many stories about both. But if you really are honest and it is a close relationship, there really shouldn't be an issue. So needless to say, if I'm right about your possible situation, it was her and not you. Am I anywhere close to this? I know you didn't ask for my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:02:39 PM by saintangelsin »

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »
Queenie's turning into the female Monkey.

Queenie's turning into the female Monkey.

No wonder you're so attracted!

Monkey's my little cum drop.

Bwah hah hah.

It's working.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »
So, who wants to join me in a forced gang-rape of SaintCrazyTard so she'll actually get some rod in her reactor chamber?
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
Woah! Ho ho!

Offline Goblin_Queen

• Putting the lotion in the basket
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 08:35:55 PM »
I love monkey as much as the next GS member, but I'm starting to wonder if the guy may be a little off.
Do not accept this Reality.

Offline saintangelsin

• Minty fresh
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 04:48:23 PM »
I love monkey as much as the next GS member, but I'm starting to wonder if the guy may be a little off.

Oh I agree.