Author Topic: Eggnog  (Read 8441 times)

Offline Matt

• working through the 1st 10,000
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
Re: Eggnog
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 08:57:29 PM »
I'm tempted to get some for this holiday season, since I could conveniently store it and residents would be none the wiser.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »
Careful, Matt, or you'll become a brandy-swilling Jewish Nazi.

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 10:55:03 PM »
One should be so lucky to have such a storied history to draw from.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 10:25:05 AM »
Careful, Matt, or you'll become a brandy-swilling Jewish Nazi.

You sound like you favour eugenics!
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 11:02:03 PM »
Eggnogg is great provided it comes in a beer shaped can and says Natural Light along the side.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 10:12:09 AM »
God, Nubbins.  Do you also have a wide screen TV and a couch set up outside your trailer in the grass where you watch Nascar at top volume from dawn to dusk?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »
Well, speak of the devil.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP)  -- A feud involving the man who sang "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" could wind up in court, just in time for Christmas.

Elmo Shropshire was sued for breach of contract Monday by a company that claims he interfered in a $1 million-plus deal to sell musical trucks, bobblehead dolls, snow globes and cookie jars featuring characters from an animated show based on the novelty song.

The tale about Santa mowing down a tipsy grandma with his sleigh was first heard in 1979 and has become a holiday favorite. It inspired a 2000 animated TV program that continues to run seasonally around the world.

The Fred Rappoport Co. of California contends it has the rights to use the song for products featuring characters from that program. Rappoport claims it got those specific rights under a 2004 settlement of a lawsuit filed by Shropshire.

The new lawsuit, which seeks at least $2 million in damages, was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court. It contends that Shropshire this month improperly sent cease-and-desist letters to two companies that made a deal with Rappoport to market products featuring characters from the animated show.

Shropshire, who lives north of San Francisco in Novato, contended Tuesday that he was legally enforcing his rights to the song.

Rappoport "can sell any characters he wants from the movie," Shropshire said. "But I own the copyright from the song. He can't use the song without my permission."

Shropshire continued: "The song preceded the (animated) show by 20 years. There are a number of companies that license that song from us to make toys and to make CDs and to make a number of things. They're not going to feel so good if we allow someone else to use it for free."

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 12:53:37 AM »
Jews.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 12:29:19 PM »
God, Nubbins.  Do you also have a wide screen TV and a couch set up outside your trailer in the grass where you watch Nascar at top volume from dawn to dusk?

Holy shit, that would be fuckin SWEET!!!!  I'm gonna get to work on that shit before the season starts back up in February!
8=o tation

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 01:04:31 PM »

Holy shit, that would be fuckin SWEET!!!!  I'm gonna get to work on that shit before the season starts back up in February!

Can I come and kick back?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 01:19:55 PM »
We'll all squeeze onto the ratty couch and drink Natty Light and stare blankly at the TV.

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »
PBR for me, boys.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »
If you're watching Nascar on the front lawn is has to be Natty Light or Coors Light.

If you're up north, you can do Pabst Blue Ribbon, Milwakee's Best, or Iron City.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 10:49:40 PM »
Nacho was right.

Brandy in the Eggnog = Christmas Cheer!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »
Oh, I love it.  Because I have no friends, I can never finish a cartoon of eggnog when I get it.  Sad Nacho.