Author Topic: Aliens in America  (Read 1213 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Aliens in America
« on: October 09, 2007, 08:41:46 AM »
So NPR turned me onto this show, saying how it was really all about Raja, and the way they deal with it.  It's a bizarre show... On the surface, it's just another fish out of water teen comedy.  But, then, yeah, Raja comes in as the exchange student living with the middle-American white suburban family, who didn't quite think through the whole exchange program thing.  And Raja becomes, pretty much, the only minority at the pristinely white small town Wisconsin high school. 

From Raja's first scene, the show immediately goes from ho-hum to brilliant.  Nothing like having the guy in the airport waving his arms in the air and shouting, "Praise Allah for your kindness!" while everyone looks on in horror.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 08:44:17 AM by nacho »

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: Aliens in America
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:21:57 PM »
This show has piqued my curiosity. Glad to hear it's got some teeth. We're getting our cable back this week in the RC household, so I may try and check it out.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:35:17 PM »
I'll catch episode two tonight.  See if they can keep things going.  The problem is that the white kid, who's a geek and a loner, is annoying as hell.  He's our narrator, too, so you get plenty of him.

Offline Matt

• working through the 1st 10,000
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:08:22 PM »
Ah, the Mohinder character. And in a show about aliens, instead of boring white Americans, the Mohinder character is a boring white American. Delicious.