Author Topic: Bionic Woman: Season One (Sept 26)  (Read 3594 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Bionic Woman: Season One (Sept 26)
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:16:55 AM »
So I hated the pilot:

http://www.greatsociety.org/forums/index.php?topic=2920.msg57325#msg57325

But it's since been reworked.  Maybe I'll be surprised by this shitfest...

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
Re: Bionic Woman: Season One (Sept 26)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 11:07:11 AM »
I spoke to a friend who said that she saw the one you did and didn't like it but did see the new one and was pleasantly surprised.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:23:23 AM »
Yeah, I'm hearing that as well.  They replaced, what, two main characters for the new pilot... So I'll give it a second try. 

The problem is that, well, the old Bionic Woman kind of sucked.  And it didn't suck the way the old Battlestar Galactica did.  The old BG had fun characters, a neat story, and scary robots who killed children.  The old Bionic Woman was Jamie Summers being a big, sad cow who had to get home in time to work at her grim schoolteacher job.

And now they're going to take that and Buffy-fy it.  Snore.  All women under the age of 25 will now be wise-cracking, roundhouse-kicking Buffy clones.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:32:47 AM »
I heard that it was more she was going to kind of do her own thing, not work for some government agency.  Of course I guess that could be from Buffy, but everything can be traced back to something soooo... I will give it a try and if no good, then just wasted a little Tivo space.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:45:29 AM »
Well, the original pilot has her telling Miguel Ferrer to go blow himself...except, maybe she'll do it, but her own way.  And his general reaction is, well, she's supergirl, I hate her, but whatever. 

Remember Invisible Man on the sci fi channel? They're going in that direction.  The accidental super-spy who resents authority.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
The one I am really looking forward to is Chuck!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:21:20 PM »
Chuck was loads of fun.  That's this week, as well...

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »
Okay, okay, saw it, thought it was dull and dreadfull.  Bad acting, bad story line and that must have been one hell of a bartender training program that she went to because she was able to fend off a military trained bionic women.  Come on... a little reality please. 

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »
Aha!  And that's after they cleaned it up and fixed all the terrible shit in the original pilot.

You've saved me from actually giving it that second try I promised...even though, so far, I still haven't been able to download the new pilot, after the bad taste of the original.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 11:04:28 AM »
Still bad, of course I didn't see the one you did, but I will give it one more episode but if it doesn't improve then *delete*

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 09:38:30 PM »
Ratings on this are the fall's best so far. At least for that first episode.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 09:44:36 PM »
All the BSG people are there for Starbuck and because Eick told us to watch, and Michelle Ryan is hot, and Sci Fi has been running around in circles screaming about it, and it stars a host of our Most Loved Character Actors, and the nostalgia factor/touched-by-god aspect of yet another rehash from Team BSG has half the sci fi community intrigued.

They'll get me and lots of folks for episode two...but if the suck continues, then you'll see this show die in half a season...like every fucking thing else on Sci Fi.

*angst*

Offline Matt

• working through the 1st 10,000
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 05:16:07 PM »
Yeah, I saw the pilot last night and it was fucking atrocious. Horrible storyline, horrible editing, horrible acting, nonsensical smarmy dialogue. Even the reviews noted that Sackhoff brings something to it - I didn't feel that at all. I mean, Sackhoff is beautiful and awesome but no. This show sucks. Michelle Ryan was too busy staring with her eyes to emote.

That first fight? She should've gotten her ass kicked. Destroyed, really. Also, she came around way too quickly. And I swear to God, they have no idea how they want this supersecret organization to go, they just made it up, and keep it ambiguous so they can go the "evil or good?" plotline. Guess what, assholes. The viewer knows. We can tell when you're half-assing it and have no idea where it's gonna go, because it leaves us with this vague, unsettling sensation in our mind that's like the after-taste of a Diet Coke. And a lot of people are used to the taste of Diet Coke. Me? I want the genuine thing. I want real storylines and I want the show-writers to know where the show is going. And if the direction changes, that's fine, but figure this shit out.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 05:41:03 PM »
A fucking spinoff?  The show sucks! 

How much does NBC love Isaiah Washington? Apparently enough to offer a series dedicated just to him that will be spun off from "Bionic Woman."

That's right, the new series has only aired a single episode, yet NBC is already trying to turn the "Bionic Woman" concept into a 21st century franchise, hedging its bets that the controversial former "Grey's Anatomy" star will provide the power needed to get it going.

"I may end up doing more that five episodes," Washington said, according to Bionic Woman Fanatic. "I don't see myself becoming a series regular, but there's some talk about spinning me off into my own show once 'Bionic Woman' becomes a huge hit."

That whole gay slur he made (more than once) that got him fired from his last gig on ABC? The actor says it's the best thing that's ever happened to him.

"I feel an unbelievable zen, an unbelievable peace," Washington said. "All of this has been the most unbelievable gift that's been given to me in a very unique way."

Washington will play the character of Antonio Pope on the series for a half-dozen episodes who the actor says is "very good with a 9mm and an M16." ABC refused to pick up his contract last May citing his statements directed at fellow "Grey's Anatomy" castmate T.R. Knight that attacked the actor's sexuality. Knight later said that it was Washington's statements along with the publicity surrounding it that led to him coming out as a homosexual earlier this year.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 11:17:29 AM »
Well, well.  Thanks partly to the strike, and mostly to the ratings, Bionic Woman is about to get axed.  Thank god, because this show is shit.