Author Topic: 4400  (Read 1608 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« on: July 29, 2007, 09:20:42 PM »
So I watched and loved the short first season.  The second season is a bit rocky, but it's not bad.  And now I'm hooked, even though I've drifted away on about a third of the episodes, because I want to know what the secret is.  We learn the nature of the 4400 by the end of the first season, so season two is all about wanting to learn more.  The show is now entering into a fourth season, which means I also know that shit gets crazy later on because I can't resist reading ahead.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
Re: 4400
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:47:42 AM »
I had a 4400 marathon this weekend.  Got up to the first few episodes of the third season.  The lead cop is starting to get a little annoying. 
Have you noticed that all the extras and day players are also extras and day players from SG.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 10:51:48 AM »
Yeah.  Seen lots of crossover.  No ties that I know of, though...

I'm annoyed by the lead cop midway through season two!  The whole eight years in the dream dimension episode was a snorefest.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »
Yeah, a little bit too much of "on no not this again" story line. 

At least we are starting to see more 4400's with different powers.  All basically borrowed from X-men though.  I'm just waiting for a 4400 version of Wolverine.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 11:00:03 AM »
See, I'm invested in the whole "why are they back" thing, which is a story arc they're playing way too close to the vest.  Super powers are just fine and all, but I want more secrets from the future and hints at what possessed-Kyle was talking about -- things are going to go wrong and the 4400 are there to stop it.  But, really, they're just a breath away from standalone episodes about superhumans who can't take the heat.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 11:03:28 AM »
I think we will see more of the future story arc in season 3.  In the first few episodes it is eluded to a bit more.  We also have the new story arc of NOVA and the upcoming "war".  I should be getting the rest of season 3 on Wed so we shall have to see.