Author Topic: Bear v. Les  (Read 7179 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Bear v. Les
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »
Yeah, I've kept watching this season, but it's definitely not as good.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »
You can tell his heart's not in it anymore.  I bet the episodes are a monumental pain in the ass to produce.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »
It's really a shame.  I like Les.  I hope he does another show after this.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »
Me too.  I'm sure he will.  I've actually seen him on a couple other Discovery Channel shows as sort of a survival consultant when they're doing specials on floods or natural disasters... stuff like that.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 04:55:44 PM »
Again, Off The Grid was terrific.  If you can find that, get it in you.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 06:26:52 PM »
Well, there we go.  Last ever Survivorman.  Kind of sad, really.  I'll miss Les.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2008, 04:16:55 AM »
I don't have TV, so I actually just saw Survivorman for the first time in a hotel while I waited for my brother's cancelled flight to arrive the next day. Oddly compelling, if a bit dull in places. I saw some New Zealand thing, I think, and then Australian brush, which was kind of dull, especially when he leaves that little paradise place and just farts around some rock outcropping before being picked up.

I guess I just want to watch people on the verge of death, not surviving successfully.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
Science channel is advertising a new season of Survivorman starting next week... what gives?  I thought he was done.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 12:05:25 AM »
Yeah, that's weird.  Is it with Les or someone else?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »
New show from Les -- "Survive This."

No videogames, no Internet, no food court… no kidding! This is real.

In the tradition of the hit series Survivorman, Survive This follows in Les Stroud’s footsteps by empowering kids to explore their connection to the wild.

Eight kids between the ages of 14 to 17 are taken into the wilderness with Les Stroud as their mentor. Chosen for their unique personalities and overall adventure readiness, these kids are vying to fulfill a self-determined goal that is both personal and inspiring. They are challenged physically, emotionally and intellectually. Each episode presents a different survival challenge - devised by Les Stround himself! Over the course of the series, we get to know the kids very well as relationships develop, conflicts erupt and emotions run wild. Les IS Survivorman, and he knows better than anyone that sometimes when it comes to survival you only get one chance. He’ll be looking for that individual who is willing to learn and grow under the most difficult situations. And yes - these kids do have to survive.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 01:18:52 PM »
Les Stroud's new show -- "Beyond Survival" -- premieres tomorrow night. No idea what it's about... Haven't bothered to look.  I'll just blindly download because it's Les.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »
Les has (wisely) stepped behind the camera for what sounds like an awesome series...

100 DAYS is the first-hand account of Explorer’s Club member and Survivorman-alumni Brett Rogers’ four-month rafting expedition down the Yukon River from Whitehorse, Yukon to the Bering Sea. Navigating nearly 1,800 miles of one of the world’s greatest, big wild rivers without burning a single tank of gas, the story that unfolds could never have been scripted – an Indian Chief’s funeral, an unsuccessful attempt at mutiny, a helicopter rescue for an injured teammate, and the discovery of a dead body in the middle of the Alaskan night.

Narrated by Les Stroud and Edited by Max Attwood, it’s taken more than five years since Rogers started planning the expedition to see 100 DAYS to completion. Rogers says, “It feels good to finally see the project complete. It’s been a long road, but one that I am glad I went down. I am excited to see how the doc is received.”

Brett has led expeditions on the Mackenzie, Yukon and Mississippi Rivers. The Mississippi expedition is Attwood and Rogers’ next release, entitled Old Man River, which is currently in post-production.

Read more by visiting the website at www.brettonthewater.com.

100 DAYS will air May 2011 on the Outdoor Life Network (OLN).

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 02:58:03 PM »
So I hate the new format of Survivorman (10 days, spread across two episodes).

The latest episode -- 10 days stuck in a car in Norway -- is a real story that Discovery had to buy the rights to. I'm trying to dig up links now, but the work computer is having a stroke. So...I'll just sit and watch Les sit in a car for two episodes.