Children of the Sun > Movies & Entertainment

Hitchhiking

(1/1)

nacho:
Having just seen Hitchiker's, which is top quality stuff, I have to confess a serious (and almost sexual) fanboy thrill when, just after the Earth is destroyed, a modern rendition of the old 80's radio/TV show theme builds up and the Guide is introduced.  How often I see these remakes and secretly pray that the original show's theme song gets a glitzy cover.  

The painful "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish" title sequence for Hitchiker's had me bracing myself.  But, then, there it is.  That quiet build to the TV show's theme song, so well remembered from my childhood.  Dressed up for 2005, it brought me right down from remake land into a satisfying little cult culture cubbyhole.  Then we get to see the original Marvin on Vogsphere.  You can't go wrong.  2005 is the year of the remake, there's no doubt of that.

RottingCorpse:
Look at me jumping onto old threads.

I thought the "So long and thanks for all the fish" song was fargin' hilarious. That and Sam Rockwell as the fucked up president we're the funniest parts of the movie. Other than that I found myself going, "I bet this is so much better as a book."

nacho:

--- Quote from: RottingCorpse ---Look at me jumping onto old threads.

I thought the "So long and thanks for all the fish" song was fargin' hilarious. That and Sam Rockwell as the fucked up president we're the funniest parts of the movie. Other than that I found myself going, "I bet this is so much better as a book."
--- End quote ---

Well, really, it had nothing to do with the book except that the characters had the same names and the Earth was a computer trying to find the question to life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version