Author Topic: Post, you knobs...  (Read 326786 times)

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
Re: Post, you knobs...
« Reply #3090 on: July 18, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »
Augmented reality game. Basically you look through your camera on your phone and instead of just seeing the dead hooker you just killed, you see a Pokemon sitting on the face of the dead hooker you just killed.

But...how's that a game?

It makes you cum harder.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3091 on: August 10, 2016, 07:28:47 AM »
Hotels in Copenhagen have fiber optic wifi connections for free.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3092 on: August 10, 2016, 08:58:40 AM »
All those Scandinavians invented that shit.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3093 on: October 18, 2016, 02:12:33 AM »
The winter doesn't end. We live now in a permafrost cut by wind and rain that burns.

GS Logs 2029.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3094 on: October 18, 2016, 07:30:48 AM »
The winter doesn't end. We live now in a permafrost cut by wind and rain that burns.

GS Logs 2029.

I do intend this site to be the last voice for the dying human race.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3095 on: October 18, 2016, 11:10:21 AM »

GS Logs 2029.

I am the voice of doom.

I do intend this site to be the last voice for the dying human race.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #3096 on: November 18, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »
For Nacho because it's Friday. J-Law in a white swimsuit.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3097 on: November 18, 2016, 11:05:48 AM »
I see a 3D HD blu-ray purchase in my future no matter how bad the movie is!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3098 on: December 04, 2016, 09:55:22 AM »
I would like to be less insanely busy in 2017.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3099 on: December 05, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »
Me too.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3100 on: December 06, 2016, 08:27:02 PM »
I would like to be less insanely busy in 2017.
Me too.

You know... I'm gonna do it. I'm tired of this. I'm going to farm out as much work as possible on the new imprint, we'll just do a couple of new books in 2018. I'll push my book till sales slump in the summer and then I'm going to start being lazy again next fall. No more than two books per season from now on.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3101 on: December 08, 2016, 03:02:38 AM »
Famous last words.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3102 on: December 08, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »
Famous last words.

Well, it's happening. Because this industry lets you plan a year ahead. I farmed out the fall 2017 release (a compilation of books) to interns. The spring 2018 releases have to be decided by March, so it's too late for those because I only do finished books. Maybe things will change for fall 2018...but that won't happen till the summer, and fall's a tough release season anyway.

So, at most, two books a year from here on out.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3103 on: December 08, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »
I'm with you. With production of The Last of the Manson Girls finally wrapped, I finally have a big chunk of stress of my plate. There's still post-production, but that's largely farmed out.

I feel like the world at large is rethinking being busy for busy's sake. Everybody seems to be ratcheting down. Maybe it's just winter. Or maybe we're all just  fucking depressed on a global level. But everything feels like it's shifting down.

Calm before the storm?

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #3104 on: December 08, 2016, 01:29:56 PM »
I'm with you. With production of The Last of the Manson Girls finally wrapped, I finally have a big chunk of stress of my plate. There's still post-production, but that's largely farmed out.

I feel like the world at large is rethinking being busy for busy's sake. Everybody seems to be ratcheting down. Maybe it's just winter. Or maybe we're all just  fucking depressed on a global level. But everything feels like it's shifting down.

Calm before the storm?

Probably a larger discussion for a different thread, but, yes...I feel this too. Especially since I've been racing like a madman to knock out the millions of to-do projects on my list. I can't even gather enough time or wherewithal to buy tickets for a movie!

Meanwhile, all of the little goblins I work with at the day job and at my company are totally slowing down, and many still numb with shock, even as I run around them like the Tasmanian Devil.

I don't think it's the calm before the storm in the sense you're probably thinking. I think it's echoing what I said in the last two front page articles -- we're all waking up very slowly from our long, OCD-addled, hypermedicated sleep. But we don't quite know how to approach this world because we haven't approached it for 15 years.

I think we're finally asking what it was all for. Like...the last 40 years. The Yuppie Era of the American Psycho. I think we're realizing that we've been fighting a war since 1949 and, somewhere along the way, and not at one of the more obvious junctures but within the last few decades when things seemed okay, we lost and ignored that fact because it was impossible to lose, or because it was hidden beneath Pyrrhic victories.

These "great hangover" periods are a regular feature of our human history. The 1920s and 50s are prime examples. But then we came close to a massive social revolution that fizzled, and we became embroiled in a Forever War, and kicking both of those traumas to the curb brought in a new Great Hangover period. But...it didn't really end. Even with 9/11 in that timeline. Sure, that was a tragedy. But we don't remember it like, say, Pearl Harbor. Or even the Tet Offensive or the Fall of Saigon or Watergate or the Challenger. It's a victim of the Time of the Soundbyte. 9/11 seems a more distant memory than December 7th, 1941. Because we were and remain in the Great Hangover. Asleep. Free from want. But not free from the nightmare of it all...that's what's waking us up now.