Author Topic: Atlantis Series 4 (and some vague talk about how we liked Ark of Truth)  (Read 14572 times)

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
Re: Atlantis Series 4, by "reboot" we mean "Hire Amanda Tapping"
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2008, 04:55:25 PM »
I think it's the lines that she is getting.  I also don't think she was a great actress to begin with.  Yes she was great as Kaylee, but she is no Judy Dench either.

She is still trying to find the character.  I think the next season we will see her grow a bit as well.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Yeah, this is typical Atlantis.  Don't worry!  Next season will be better!  We've been doing that for five years.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
And they are trying to get another spin off started as well.  Fix this one first. 

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Well, I'm wondering if a spinoff may be the answer... Mallozzi says the third series will be completely independent of SG-1 and Atlantis.  New cast, no cross-overs.

If it's nine chevrons being used, then that means they're exploring a new universe.  So if they shoot a team out Lost in Space style beyond the influence of the Ori or the Ancients or anything, it could be fun.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
Could be, but I am worried that they are running out of ideas.  I mean the writers are really struggling now.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Okay, then.  The end of series 4.  With a time travel episode and a nice cliffhanger.  Overall, an okay episode.  What a painful season...

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life