Author Topic: sunday  (Read 7662 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
sunday
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:26:54 PM »
Dear Greatsociety:  I'm drunk and I'm going to have a burrito and nobody's going to stop me!

Also, I'm really going to have to change the name of my company, aren't I?  Because, no, no one's in Santa Fe.  What do you want?

Offline Goblin_Queen

• Putting the lotion in the basket
Re: sunday
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
I just called you.
Do not accept this Reality.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 02:17:09 AM »
Change SFWP to "Society's Festering Weeping Penis"

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:17:32 AM »
Call it Super Fancy Wancy Project.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »
I just don't understand why people press the Santa Fe like they'll die if I don't tell them yes, I live in Santa Fe, I have never left... I AM Santa Fe!

It'll go like:

Why Santa Fe Writers Project?

It was founded in Santa Fe.

So you're visiting?

No, I live here.

Why Santa Fe, then?

It was founded in Santa Fe.

But you live here?

Yes.

Why Santa Fe, then?

I mean, why not Washington, DC Writers Project.

That sounds bad.

But you have a Santa Fe address.

We maintain a small office in Santa Fe (six inches by six inches!).

So why aren't you in Santa Fe?

Because I live here.

Why Santa Fe Writers Project?

...etc.

I should start doing that with their names, huh?  What's your name?  Jessica?  Why Jessica?  Why Jessica?  But you look like a Hannah.  Why not Hannah?  Why Jessica?  Why Jessica?  But not Hannah?  Why not?  Why Jessica?  Why Jessica?

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
Stab them.

With extreme prejudice.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »
I should start doing that with their names, huh?  What's your name?  Jessica?  Why Jessica?  Why Jessica?  But you look like a Hannah.  Why not Hannah?  Why Jessica?  Why Jessica?  But not Hannah?  Why not?  Why Jessica?  Why Jessica?

Ha ha!

I LOLed in my pants.

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
  • Cthulu saves souls for tasty midnight binges.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 07:08:12 PM »
I had the same reaction about the name.  And last I checked (15 years ago) Santa Fe felt protective about their name being used by non-Santafeans.

I've done it before.  A few times.  It's hilarious if they don't give up their side of it after the first response.  After that, they can't stop it.

You can then proceed to interject it all night as a running joke.  "Really, you looked like a Hanna just now.  Seriously.  Do that again?  See?  Yeah, maybe Hanna without an 'h'."

"No, you're a Rachel.  Dunno why I didn't see it.  Have you ever considered changing your name?"

"I don't really like Jessica.  I mean, were you named for your aunt or something?  I'm sure she wasn't as pretty as you.  It's just not a good name for you.  Rachel would be much better.  Or Hanna.  Even with an 'h'. "
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 07:12:20 PM by fajwat »
"If it were up to me I would close Guantánamo not tomorrow but this afternoon... Essentially, we have shaken the belief that the world had in America's justice system... and it's causing us far more damage than any good we get from it."

-Colin Powell

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 07:22:41 PM »
Fajjie... I like you more every day.

Not as much as Nacho though.

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 08:56:40 PM »
"Paula!  See, when you don't slouch you look like a Paula.  No, sit straight again, like that.  It's that slouching that ruins it.  Okay, yeah, you're a Paula.  Or a Hanna, but that's more generic.  And you're prettier as a Paula than as a Rachel.  Rachel's fine for other girls, but when you stand straight you're perfect as a Paula.  Did you slouch as a child?  Did your.. no, you were named before you sat up.  Hm.  Maybe your parents named you Paula and then changed it when you started slouching.  Are you sure?  Really?  Okay, well maybe they hid it from you or something.  You must have started slouching pretty young, I guess.  I dunno.  You make so much more sense as a Paula.  Now I can see it.  Okay, I'm sorry, go on.  I'll stop."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:31:45 PM by fajwat »
"If it were up to me I would close Guantánamo not tomorrow but this afternoon... Essentially, we have shaken the belief that the world had in America's justice system... and it's causing us far more damage than any good we get from it."

-Colin Powell

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »

"Yes, Paula?"

"No, I'm sorry, it just makes sense!  I can't remember you the other way.  What was that name?" ... "No, it's a compliment!  You are so much better as a Paula.  Try it out for a day, maybe take a trip to the beach and try out Paula.  You'll see.  Really.  You'll notice how people react."

-Colin Powell

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »
*cringe* "Oooh.  It's just the way that you slouch.  It makes you into a Jessica again.  No, it's OK.  What were you saying about the Andes?"

-Colin Powell

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »
Wow.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 10:34:48 AM »
Yeah.  There are lots of well-beaten dead horses in our apartment.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
My eyes wanted to cry reading that.