Author Topic: The war for Earth begins  (Read 1405 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
The war for Earth begins
« on: February 05, 2007, 12:14:35 PM »
I'll put this here, but we'll all be dead in a few days so don't bother reading it.

Bright lights reported over Midwest skies
From southeastern Wisconsin to as far as Des Moines, Iowa and St. Louis, people reported seeing balls of fire, possibly meteors, streaking across the sky Sunday night.

Associated Press

MILWAUKEE — From southeastern Wisconsin to as far as Des Moines, Iowa and St. Louis, people reported seeing balls of fire, possibly meteors, streaking across the sky last night.
No major meteor showers were expected in the northern hemisphere on Sunday night, said Jim Lattis, director of the University of Wisconsin-Madison astronomy department's Space Place. But he said it was possible that a minor shower may have been what prompted calls to authorities.

The National Weather Service's Sullivan office said reports were called in from Iowa, northern Illinois and on up to Green Bay.

Dozens of people throughout the St. Louis region and Illinois reported small objects that looked like bright lights or something burning, with flaming tails behind some of them, said Ken Tretter, with the Missouri State Highway Patrol in St. Louis.

In Wisconsin, a Waukesha County dispatch supervisor said two callers reported a sighting around 8:15 p.m.

The Winnebago County Sheriff's Department said it received calls from Oshkosh, Ripon, Appleton, Neenah, and Pulaski, among others.

A preliminary report Sunday indicated that the lights were from a meteor, said Maj. April Cunningham, a spokeswoman for North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, which watches for airborne threats to the United States and Canada.

"We had a pilot reporting seeing a meteor and that's really all the information we have tonight," Cunningham said.

Spectacle in Midwestern sky was probably meteor, military says

Monday, Feb. 05 2007

Scores of people all over the central United States reported seeing flames and
fiery explosions in the sky Sunday night.

Calls flooded 911 operators and area police departments, the Missouri Highway
Patrol said. Callers described the spectacle in various ways, some saying it
looked like a plane crash and others calling it a ball of fire in the sky.

A preliminary report Sunday indicated that the lights were from a meteor, said
Maj. April Cunningham, a spokeswoman for North American Aerospace Defense
Command, or NORAD, which watches for airborne threats to the United States and
Canada.

"We had a pilot reporting seeing a meteor, and that's really all the
information we have tonight," Cunningham said.

Reports came from residents in central Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Wisconsin
and Minnesota, the Highway Patrol said.

The patrol forwarded the information to the Federal Aviation Administration and
had no reports of damage or landings from the potential meteor or space debris.

OH NO!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Carl Phillips again, out of the Wilmuth farm, Grovers Mill, New Jersey. Professor Pierson and myself made the eleven miles from Princeton in ten minutes.

Well, I... hardly know where to begin, to paint for you a word picture of the strange scene before my eyes, like something out of a modern "Arabian Nights."

Well, I just got here. I haven't had a chance to look around yet. I guess that's it. Yes, I guess that's the thing, directly in front of me, half buried in a vast pit. Must have struck with terrific force. The ground is covered with splinters of a tree it must have struck on its way down.

What I can see of the object itself doesn't look very much like a meteor, at least not the meteors I've seen. It looks more like a huge cylinder....

....Good heavens, something's wriggling out of the shadow like a gray snake. Now it's another one, and another one, and another one! They look like tentacles to me. I can see the thing's body now. It's large, large as a bear and it glistens like wet leather. But that face, it... Ladies and gentlemen, it's indescribable. I can hardly force myself to keep looking at it, so awful. The eyes are black and gleam like a serpent. The mouth is V-shaped with saliva dripping from its rimless lips that seem to quiver and pulsate. The monster or whatever it is can hardly move. It seems weighed down by... possibly gravity or something. The thing's... rising up now, and the crowd falls back now. They've seen plenty. This is the most extraordinary experience, ladies and gentlemen. I can't find words... I'll pull this microphone with me as I talk. I'll have to stop the description until I can take a new position. Hold on, will you please, I'll be right back in a minute...

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: The war for Earth begins
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 02:45:40 PM »
"Meteor shit!!!!"

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!