Author Topic: House  (Read 30362 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: House
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 03:48:29 PM »
The new doc angle is great.  Give House a love interest.

I'm just happy if there's lots of Cuddy cleavage in the episode.  I have such a powerful crush on her.

But, yes, great episode.  Now that they've shaken the Tritter arc, they can get back to what House does best.  Run intestines through his hands and be wrong about his guess.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 03:52:51 PM »
hahaha... and don't forget breaking into patients' homes at least once if not twice an episode.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 03:55:36 PM »
There's so many things about House that are just so silly... I love it.  There's no way in the world that they would ever go to someone's house and search it without permission.  The fact that's it's part of each episode's formula is almost some sort of self-mockery.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 04:41:23 PM »
It's also funny that you mentioned Cuddy's breasts because both House and the new doc seem to love them.  I also liked it when House picks a fight with the gypsies... aaahaha.  He's such a dick.
8=o tation

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
  • Cthulu saves souls for tasty midnight binges.
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 11:45:55 AM »
Also, are the old Sherlock Holmes available for rent?  My buddy at Tower used to have a bunch with Jeremy Brett I think his name was... they were incredible.

The old Sherlock Holmes are books.  Try the library.  It's free.
"If it were up to me I would close Guantánamo not tomorrow but this afternoon... Essentially, we have shaken the belief that the world had in America's justice system... and it's causing us far more damage than any good we get from it."

-Colin Powell

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 11:51:50 AM »
Written by a man who doesn't know the glory that is Jeremy Brett.  He's a better Holmes than Holmes was.  Queue them up without delay:

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60030795&trkid=189530&strkid=41222773_6_0

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60030848&trkid=189530&strkid=41222773_4_0

They carried on, but ACD's later stories were crap, and Brett got really sick (dying shortly after completing the series), so Casebook of and Memoirs of are rough all around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Brett

Brett is just mind-blowing in the role.  You'll have trouble going back to the books, in fact.  He captures the pure essence of Holmes with an eerie, powerful quality.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 12:38:59 PM »
Brett is just mind-blowing in the role.  You'll have trouble going back to the books, in fact.  He captures the pure essence of Holmes with an eerie, powerful quality.

Absolutely.  I've read the books and while they're good, somehow Brett manages to bring Holmes's dickish genius to life in a way that doesn't really come through in the books.  You can tell when you watch him that he's the biggest Holmes fan who ever lived.  My buddy at Tower had all of the Holmes episodes on VHS and we used to watch them all the time.  I think it's probably one of the reasons I enjoy House so much because the parallels are amazing.
8=o tation

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
  • Cthulu saves souls for tasty midnight binges.
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 12:39:24 PM »
Dutifully queued.  I recognize the covers; I loved that but some eps scared me as a child -- especially the one where he gets drugged out from the powder burning over the lamp.
"If it were up to me I would close Guantánamo not tomorrow but this afternoon... Essentially, we have shaken the belief that the world had in America's justice system... and it's causing us far more damage than any good we get from it."

-Colin Powell

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »
That was a nice thing about the Brett Holmes, fajwat... They didn't pull their punches.  He was a manic depressive drugged out freak who could barely tolerate people.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »
I wish there could somehow be a TV show with Jeremy Brett's Holmes, House and Number 6 all doing stuff together and fighting huge monsters or something...
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »
Uh-oh!  Now I have to go have a Prisoner marathon.

I went to the Village when I was in Wales.  It's this big weird-ass hotel, but you can go to 6's cottage, and the stone boat, and that low-tide beach, and walk around on the paths with all the creepy busts.  Amazing day.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »
Tell me you took pictures of that shit!  I definitely want to go there someday.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 05:10:14 PM »
The trip was in 95, so they're film and packed away in a box somewhere.  But, yes, I have photos.  Might be in storage... I'll look around.

It's a must see place...

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 05:50:31 PM »
Do people live there or is it like a resort of some kind?  Is the decor different than it was on the show?
8=o tation

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »
Looks like it's more of a resort town.
8=o tation