Author Topic: House  (Read 18688 times)

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
Re: House
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 09:59:24 AM »
Cuddy is definitely hot.  They need to keep her away from the wishy washy shit though.

So where does she fit in with the Holmes, Watson thing?  Is she Scotland Yard?

Also, are the old Sherlock Holmes available for rent?  My buddy at Tower used to have a bunch with Jeremy Brett I think his name was... they were incredible.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 10:47:49 AM »
She's Lestrade, the always befuddled inspector who reluctantly went along with Holmes simply because of the track record of solving crimes but always, at first, tried to buck his instincts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspector_Lestrade

Our group of three are the Baker Street Irregulars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_Street_Irregulars

They are all out there now, yes.  The original and the Return of are the best.  There were two other series after Return of, but Brett's illness shows through. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:54:31 AM by nacho »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »
So what's with the new episode every two weeks after the month-long hiatus routine?

Are they forcing us to just give up on the show until the DVD boxset comes out?  Simply because it's too difficult to make the time to watch the erratic weekly episodes? 

Maybe it's all some sort of psychological game: Complain about how the show isn't making the ratings after airing a random scattering of episodes with weeks or months-long breaks in between, fall down in child-like shock when the boxset makes a zillion dollars, and struggle painfully to revive the show but fail miserably.

I love the cliffhanger -- weird mid-season hiatus -- resolution --unexplained short hiatus routine.

And...House is back!  BANG!  He's alive!  And, House will be back in three weeks.  Don't forget to watch!

Or is it the sign of the TIVO generation?  Am I, in fact, falling behind the rest of society in my downloading culture?  Tied to the episode on the airdate instead of on the don't think about it and TIVO date? 

Yet...the networks disregard the TIVo set, they focus on the revenue generated by the airdate. 

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 11:07:16 AM »
We watch House a lot and I honestly hadn't noticed the hiatuses until you mentioned them just now.  We TiVo everything, so if there's no new House, then it simply doesn't record it and it doesn't pop up on our list.

TiVo really is the greatest thing on Earth.  I know you guys pride yourselves on not owning a TV and not being chained to its wiley charms or whatever, but TiVo is essentially the exact same thing as downloading shows... it completely eliminates commercials altogether which is its entire point.  I guess it's got more points than just that, but it's really the only one I care about.  The ability to instant replay anything is nice too, but the best thing is that we watch no commercials at all anymore.

Deal or No Deal?  Love that show... we TiVo them all and watch the entire episodes in 2x fast forward... no sound, no Howie, no drawn out, obnoxious drama... just briefcase, briefcase, briefcase, loser.  I couldn't handle that show in 1x with sound.  TiVo is the best.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 12:05:37 PM »
My boss's 12 year old daughter is all about that show.  She forces me to watch it, mutes it, and gives me a running commentary on the flaws of all the girls.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 12:21:34 PM »
My boss's 12 year old daughter is all about that show.  She forces me to watch it, mutes it, and gives me a running commentary on the flaws of all the girls.

The Deal or No Deal girls are all ssssssssmokin' hot.

Speaking of smokin' hot girls on TV... some Battlestar Galactica chick (Tricia Helfer) is on the cover of Playboy this month.  Just a heads up.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 01:27:08 PM »
Yeah, I downloaded the issue before it came out.  I am always aware of Tricia Helfer's movements.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »
Worst fucking episode I've ever seen this week.  Seldom have I been so bored.  I guess I found out that I could really give a shit about the emotional depth of House, because that's all this episode seemed to be about and it was SUPER DUPER boring... jesus.  Literally NOTHING happened.
8=o tation

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 10:55:28 PM »
I kind of liked it.  The girl was super hot, and I'm always thrilled about the rape stuff.  Something that isn't properly covered in TV.  However, yes, getting to the emotional roots of House was a bit rough.  As was the clumsy abortion debate.  That almost felt like left field.  Can they even tell pregnancy a week after the rape?  I guess so, I don't know.  That was such a weird throwaway moment, too.  Hi, she's pregnant.  Begin act three.

I've complained about the clinic duty routine earlier in this thread.  Not. House's. Job.  So whenever I get a clinic duty focused episode it bugs me.  Top doctor in the country and he's catering to these shits in the clinic?  They try to pawn it off as well, it's a teaching hospital.  Yes...teaching doctors.

And what the fuck was up with the Cameron subplot?  That felt like they threw it in the night before just to fill in the time.  As well as House seeking advice on what to say.  Here's this deep, deep rape/abuse storyline and they're trying at comedy? 

Okay...I kind of didn't like it, I guess.  I was just blinded by the girl.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 10:58:50 PM »
I was just blinded by the girl.

She's got her own show, it looks like.

Dirty, sexy Canadian.

http://www.calgarysun.com/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?p=126602&x=articles&s=showbiz

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 12:33:31 PM »
What is it about Canadian girls? There's an uber-hot aspect in a subtle way that American women lack somehow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 12:37:19 PM by RottingCorpse »

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 12:36:50 PM »
Their bellies aren't full of triple-patty double value meals and their brains aren't full of "get out of this town and marry a sugar-daddy."

Offline RottingCorpse

• You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 12:37:37 PM »
Wow . . . I think you're right.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 02:16:53 PM »
I'll give it to you that the girl was very attractive, but dude... that episode straight sucked.  No bones about it.  There was no medical case the entire episode!  It was just people emoting about life in front of a camera.  Crap.  The homeless guy subplot was waaaaaaaay too drawn out too.  This show is really becoming hit or miss with me.

But hey... we've got the Office and 30 Rock tonight, so I am happy.
8=o tation

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
back and forth, back and forth... it sucks, it's great, it's awesome, it's wtf... House is crazy.

This episode was GREAT though.  House in a wheelchair was hilarious.  I've got $20 that says he bones the new doctor before season's end.
8=o tation