Author Topic: Tales from Mother Russia  (Read 82729 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Tales from Mother Russia
« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »
You know...maybe America could use a little bit of Stalin.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »

Where's McCarthy when we need him?
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2014, 06:30:56 AM »
And it continues!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27000700

Gunmen seize Ukraine police station in Sloviansk
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2014, 12:53:27 PM »

Where's McCarthy when we need him?

Being skull-fucked by Donald Rumsfeld?

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2014, 05:38:05 AM »
Will Ukraine attack those "pro-Russian demonstrators"...?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27018199

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #350 on: November 25, 2015, 11:28:03 AM »
Am I the only one paying attention to Turkey shooting down a Russian fighter and Putin's saber rattling in response?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/putin-sends-air-defense-missiles-to-syria-to-deter-turkey_5655af7fe4b08e945fea839d

Putin Sends Air Defense Missiles To Syria To Deter Turkey

The S-400 missile systems, which will be sent to the Hemeimeem air base in Syria’s coastal province of Latakia, located just about 50 kilometers (30 miles) south of the border with Turkey, are capable of targeting Turkish jets with deadly precision.

Click through fro all the details but the short and skinny is that a Russian fighter entered Turkish airspace. The Turks gave warnings that weren't heeded. They shot it down. Let's keep in mind that The Turks and the Russians have two different goals in the "War against ISIS." (The Turks wants to keep the Kurds out because holy hundreds of years of racism. Russian wants Assad to remain in power in Syria because $$$, oil, and WTF.)

This has all the makings of, well, a really bad war. I don;t want to say WWIII (which is what Twitter went off on yesterday), but this feels bad, you know?

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #351 on: November 25, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »
I think this one will amount to no more than sabre rattling. Unfortunately, what it does is give Russia more leeway to push troops and equipment forward.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #352 on: November 26, 2015, 08:53:51 AM »
Non-liner war, RC. No way will Russia and Turkey go to war. That would actually be a war they couldn't easily win. I mean, hell, they're stuck Vietnam style in the Ukraine now (the news we're all suddenly ignoring)! So they can't even defeat the nation with a barely functional army that no one will help.

Russia tested their limits, they got a bloody nose, and now they try to play up the outrage while they move against softer targets. The fact here is that Russia and Turkey have been doing exactly this over and over since 1798. So that's why it seems like we're not paying attention. It's not news.

If you want to talk about Russia, really, everything in the west is a sideshow...perhaps even a distraction. The US is looking to Russia's Asian presence. They've spent the equivalent of a trillion dollars to completely overhaul their Pacific fleet.

And where's that money coming from? Why, China... Who has their eyes on Russia's oil. The absolute impossible scenario has slowly come to light in the last year -- Russia and China are working together.

We're also wondering what the fuck Russia is doing with India. They're handing off their surplus to the Indian military, and the two powers have been cozying up.

So, in 2015, Russia has become a silent partner in a vast Asian conglomerate. By 2020, they hope to be fully in bed with China and to possess the second strongest navy in the world. And, with China on board, it'll be a navy that could rival ours.

Russia's eyes have been solidly on the east for over 100 years. Western expansion was a lucky break, a happy accident. The fruits of WWII. It never has been, nor is it now, their real agenda. 

We always blather on about boycotting Chinese imports, and express our rage when American corporations get in bed with China... But what happens when the day comes where China decides to embargo us?

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #353 on: November 26, 2015, 10:10:54 AM »
The great Yellow Peril.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2017, 03:51:28 PM »
Things are just getting spookier and spookier.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mystery-death-of-ex-kgb-chief-linked-to-mi6-spys-dossier-on-donald-trump/ar-AAmkp4E

Mystery death of ex-KGB chief linked to MI6 spy's dossier on Donald Trump

© The Telegraph
An ex-KGB chief suspected of helping the former MI6 spy Christopher Steele to compile his dossier on Donald Trump may have been murdered by the Kremlin and his death covered up. it has been claimed.

Oleg Erovinkin, a former general in the KGB and its successor the FSB, was found dead in the back of his car in Moscow on Boxing Day in mysterious circumstances.

Erovinkin was a key aide to Igor Sechin, a former deputy prime minister and now head of Rosneft, the state-owned oil company, who is repeatedly named in the dossier.

Erovinkin has been described as a key liaison between Sechin and Russian president Vladimir Putin. Mr Steele writes in an intelligence report dated July 19, 2016, he has a source close to Sechin, who had disclosed alleged links between Mr Trump’s supporters and Moscow.

The death of Erovinkin has prompted speculation it is linked to Mr Steele’s explosive dossier, which was made public earlier this month. Mr Trump has dismissed the dossier as “fake news” and no evidence has emerged to support its lurid claims.

The Russian state-run RIA Novosti news agency reported Erovinkin’s body was “found in a black Lexus... [and] a large-scale investigation has been commenced in the area. Erovinkin’s body was sent to the FSB morgue”.

No cause of death has been confirmed and the FSB continues to investigate. Media reports suggested his death was a result of foul play.

It was later claimed he died of a heart attack.  Christo Grozev, an expert on Russia-related security threats, believes Erovinkin is the key source to whom Mr Steele refers in his dossier.

Mr Grozev said on a blog: “Insiders have described Erovinkin to me alternately as ‘Sechin’s treasurer’ and ‘the go-between between Putin and Sechin’. One thing that everyone seems to agree  – both in public and private sources – is that Erovinkin was Sechin’s closest associate.”

Mr Grozev, of Risk Management Lab, a think tank in Bulgaria, said: “I have no doubt that at the time Erovinkin died, Mr Putin had Mr Steele’s Trump dossier on his desk. He would – arguably – have known whether the alleged... story is based on fact or fiction.

"Whichever is true, he would have had a motive to seek  – and find the mole... He would have had to conclude that Erovinkin was at least a person of interest.”

Experts expressed scepticism about the theory.

“As a rule, people like Gen Yerovinkin don’t tend to die in airport thriller murders,” said Mark Galeotti, an expert on the Russian security services.

Mr Steele, 52, a Cambridge graduate, remains in hiding following his unmasking as the author of the Trump dossier.