Children of the Sun > Newsday

Tales from Mother Russia

(1/80) > >>

fajwat:
edit:I trimmed up this thread and will use it to be a sort of gathering place for scary stories from Russia and discussion beyond the dead spy issue.
-nacho

dead russian ex-spy

That ex-Russian spy died, having fallen ill shortly after gaining British citizenship.  He was poisoned by an extraordinarily rare radioactive element, which suggests that the assassin had serious backing.  In a statement read after his death, the ex-spy accused his nemesis Putin.

Reuters isn't sure what the fallout will be since Europe needs Putin's gas and the US needs his support against Terrism.

Wheee.

RottingCorpse:
Nacho and I (mostly Nacho) have been telling you for years that mother Russia is a ticking time-bomb of trouble.

nacho:

--- Quote from: RottingCorpse on November 24, 2006, 10:02:34 PM ---Nacho and I (mostly Nacho) have been telling you for years that mother Russia is a ticking time-bomb of trouble.

--- End quote ---

At this point I'm starting to lose my ticking timebomb sense.  It's either the crippled tortoise of trouble, or Putin is simply an incompetent small fry who can't win a somewhat organized internal war and lashes out at journalists and people on the street in fits of vodka-addled bitterness and  what appears to be a childlike sense of nostalgia.

fajwat:
I get the sense that Putin's thorough.  I think he has a sense of how young and healthy he is, and wants to finish consolidating power as his first project.  I get a sense of working toward completeness oozing out of Russia.

RottingCorpse:
I think Putin is a nutjob who's more likely than anyone on the planet to so something extremely stupid with say, a nuclear weapon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version