Author Topic: The I Think I Voted thread  (Read 25458 times)

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
Re: The I Think I Voted thread
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 12:58:15 PM »
I hope he does, just to watch all the Dems here freak out of their minds.

But NO!  Our boy Kevin Zeese will rule the day!!

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »
I like how we're not deciding on a candidate until less than two months before the election so nobody's been able to run properly...except for the Republicans like Steele who are all heir apparents and have been pushing hard and been gaining ground all summer while the Democrats have been busy stumbling around in the dark and attacking each other.

Yeah, NC's primary is pretty useless too.  Time to bring up that DC as state debate again...then you could change the primary date, right? 
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 01:04:17 PM »
I'll freak out if Steele wins. 

And good...good.  You vote for Zeese.  Tell all of your little conservative friends to vote for him.  Yessss... Zeese, not Steele!  Go Whatever The Hell Funny Party he is!  Yesss...

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »

Yeah, NC's primary is pretty useless too. Time to bring up that DC as state debate again...then you could change the primary date, right?

DC Statehood can blow me.  The whole country will be sorry the day that happens. 

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »
I'll freak out if Steele wins. 

And good...good.  You vote for Zeese.  Tell all of your little conservative friends to vote for him.  Yessss... Zeese, not Steele!  Go Whatever The Hell Funny Party he is!  Yesss...

The ones that don't work on his campaign...

I'm slowly converting to libertarianism.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »

I'm slowly converting to libertarianism.

I'm glad to hear it.  The thing that rattles my cage is the unchecked growth of Republican conservatism in Maryland.  This is a Democratic stronghold.  This state has been liberal and happy for a long time.  If we're going to get stuck with conservatives then please, god, let them be creative and thoughtful about it.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 02:21:02 PM »
Also, I voted for William Donald Schaefer against my better judgment.  He's senile, makes crazy comments and, last year, harassed an intern by...asking her to walk around.  She walked past him, he stopped her and asked her to walk the other way, then back, then back again, while staring at her with vacant eyes, drooling.  Seriously!

He's our Comptroller!  Tee-hee.  When asked if he should retire he went nuts and started raving and ranting in broken sentences that couldn't be quoted by the press.

Two folks are standing up against him, but Schaefer's an institution.  He's one of those guys where you vote for him because three generations of your family has been voting for him.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 02:29:15 PM »
 ;D

On February 15, 2006, Schaefer made suggestive comments to Elizabeth Krum, a 24-year-old assistant to Governor Robert Ehrlich. Responding to Schaefer's request for tea, Krum set a thermal mug in front of him. Schaefer watched her walk away, then beckoned for her to return. When she obliged, he told her, "Walk again," staring after her as she left the conference room. Schaefer initially refused to apologize, saying, "She's a pretty little girl. She ought to be damn happy that I observed her going out the door. The day I don't look at pretty women is the day I die."

On July 5, 2006, Schaefer launched into a rambling commentary on immigration as the public works board considered a contract to provide testing services for the English as a Second Language program in Maryland schools. As state education officials tried to explain the contract, Schaefer demanded to know whether the program would benefit Korean students. "Korea's another one, all of a sudden they're our friends, too, shooting missiles at us,"

Also on July 5, 2006, when he was questioned by a female Baltimore Sun reporter about the ESOL program, Schaefer's response was to call her a "sweet little girl." And when asked if he would debate Anne Arundel County Executive Janet S. Owens, a fellow Democratic candidate for comptroller, he said he "wouldn't debate her on how to bake a chocolate cake."

On September 5, 2006, Schaefer told Marc Fisher, Washington Post columnist, that Janet Owens is a "prissy little miss" who wears "long dresses, looks like Mother Hubbard -- it's sort of like she was a man." He made additional comments that she was "getting fat." Later, in an on air interview with local news station News Channel 8, he further commented that "She's got these long clothes on and an old fashioned hairdo. You know it sort of makes you real mad". On September 8, 2006, another local news station, WUSA9, showed an off-screen reporter asking him, "Did you call her an Old Mother Hubbard?" to which he responded, "Well, what does she look like? ... Old-fashioned hair-do; long dress ... If I lose or win - whatever I do - I'm gonna send her some Style magazines."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:44:30 PM by nacho »

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 02:42:52 PM »
Sometimes, regardless of logic, people have earned the right to do what they want.  Willie Don has done enough good for Maryland that we should let him keep the Comptroler job.

After all, it's COMPTROLLER! 

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 02:47:39 PM »
I added some more of his crazy stuff in my post.

I think he's a sweet old man.  Those two prissies running against him will fuck everything up.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 02:59:42 PM »
Seriously, when you're old you get away with whatever you want!  Those are the rules.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »
I can just see Janet Owens crying herself to sleep for days.  I'm not getting fat!!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 03:20:21 PM »
Seriously, when you're old you get away with whatever you want! Those are the rules.

Well...he was like this when he was young, too.  Remember the whole back and forth letter writing thing with the white trash girl in Eastern Maryland that ended with the Outhouse of Maryland comment? 

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
  • Cthulu saves souls for tasty midnight binges.
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
I didn't see you mention anywhere that he was Governor of Maryland, 1987-95.  His name's on all kindsa highways and bridges and buildings.
"If it were up to me I would close Guantánamo not tomorrow but this afternoon... Essentially, we have shaken the belief that the world had in America's justice system... and it's causing us far more damage than any good we get from it."

-Colin Powell

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 03:25:07 PM »
I didn't see you mention anywhere that he was Governor of Maryland, 1987-95. His name's on all kindsa highways and bridges and buildings.

The incident I mention above was during his stint as Gov.  Which makes it even better.