<< < (2/2)

monkey!:
Lazy Ramadi, the sun and the heat!

Lazy Ramadi, bombs under the street!

RottingCorpse:
NVAR4GIT!!!!

nacho:
I have a sixth sense.  This morning, Afghanistan is top of the news:

--- Quote ---A suicide car bombing in Kabul has killed at least 16 people, as Nato military chiefs prepared to discuss a plea for more troops for Afghanistan.

The attack on a US military convoy occurred near the American embassy, killing two US soldiers and injuring two others, the US military said.
--- End quote ---

By "two" injured we mean "30."  But, that's okay.  Two US soldiers were wounded.  And 28 four-ee-noors.

RottingCorpse:
Nothing like the end of a failed 20-year military campaign to resurrect an old thread, eh?

I don’t know if all the news services are using that picture of a single helicopter to really drive the metaphor home or not, but it certainly giving me a little bit of déjà vu.

nacho:

--- Quote from: RottingCorpse on August 16, 2021, 09:01:55 AM ---Nothing life the end of failed 20-year military campaign to resurrect an old thread, eh?

I don’t know if all the news services are using that picture of a single helicopter to really drive the metaphor home or not, but it certainly giving me a little bit of déjà vu.

--- End quote ---

The news services are all hacks. That's exactly the point, yes, because it sells. Savannah on Today basically just chanted "It's like Saigon!" over and over this morning. They all are. Lestor Holt made a direct comparison ("Images that remind us of Saigon...").

So it's what sells. Simple enough. How else do you explain what's happening while also avoiding telling the truth about what's happening?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version